Free Photography Kindle Books

Last edited:
That first lightroom book seems like it could be a real bargain. It's an official Adobe book and usually sells for about £25 in hardcopy.

Haven't read it yet, but for a penny hard to see how to object!

Loving this thread. I am even prepared to spend 2p to get 2 excellent books! :)

I know i've already posted this in the more recent thread on the subject, but I'm sticking this in here too as I know people subscribe to this cheap book thread and will get a notification. (y)

All of these now available from Google Play for just 1p.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Book: The Complete Guide for Photographers (Martin Evening)
https://play.google.com/store/books...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJvb2stXzg3ZWh0aEFiejRDIl0.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Classroom in a Book (Adobe Creative Team)
https://play.google.com/store/books...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJvb2stYkVyUjZDWUtpWEFDIl0.

Photoshop Lightroom: From Snapshots to Great Shots, Covers Lightroom 4 (Jeff Revell)
https://play.google.com/store/books...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJvb2stVXYxeThWRm50ZUVDIl0.

Google play mention that you can read their books on an iPad but I cant work out how, can anyone help, please :)

I just downloaded the Google Play Book app (free) from the app store Carole, and can read the books with that. (If you've already done that and still can't see the books, I'm not sure what the solution is, sorry.)

Google play mention that you can read their books on an iPad but I cant work out how, can anyone help, please :)

When you work it out can you let me know please? I have downloaded the app for it, and it shows the books but when I try to open them it won't let me.

EdBray said:
When you work it out can you let me know please? I have downloaded the app for it, and it shows the books but when I try to open them it won't let me.

Check the button in top right corner it should say manage if it says done.....tap it :)

Thanks IRW (love the dog in your avatar) I had seen the app but the reviews are shocking, I was hoping there might have been another one that I had missed. I might wait until they sort the app out.

Thanks Carole - he's a cutie, but generally trys to avoid the camera at all costs!

I've not looked for any other apps tbh - there may well be some better ones! Imle the Google Books app seems to work okay, especially as it was cheaper than the 1p books! ;-)

I can't help with the iPad version, but with the Android version you just tap on it!

Actually, it's possible that it defaults to not downloading the book (the option is 'make available offline' or similar). If so and you don't have internet access it wouldn't be able to open the book.

Just a quick thank you for this thread!
So far I have saved a bundle, with the 3 Lightroom books alone saving around £70.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks again Mark, Richard & Ian for more useful info :) Ian, it must be a Jack Russell thing, my dog will do anything but look at the camera when I want her to, unless I have something edible ;)

Thanks for the information, just picked up the Lightroom books from Google, now to have a play with the trial version and see if its worth buying!

ive not got it so thank you very much George (y)

Back