robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Gang

As above, has anyone tried one?
I'm considering getting one of the many flavours of 690, not sure whether I'll go for the 65mm or 90mm version so that i can shoot some medium format more portably than with my RB67.

I'm leaning towards the 90mm as i have a 50mm lens for the RB67 and it's too wide for a walkabout lens. However the 65mm appeals to me

Any general thoughts?
Thanks in advance

I had a GW690III (90mm lens) at one point many years ago. It was an odd sort of machine - big and rather clunky but produced some fantastic photos. No light meter built-in so you have to use a separate one or another camera, and so fully manual. Also rather lighter than you'd expect from such a big camera so not a burden to carry around like your RB67 must be :)

Thanks for the links guys

Been hankering after a go on one for a while so i might try and pick one up from ebay to see how i like the system

Nick, Retrogamer1990 in Hudds shoots a 690 doesn't he ?

Not even sure if he didn't put it in the forsales a short while back....mebbe I'm mistaken

I'm looking into the earlier models which seem to go for about £200 less (+tax and postage)
I can live without all of the mod cons of the newer ones.

If you could try and get one before we go to Chester then I can have go of it:D

Depends what my finances look like by the time I finish my degree, if they are looking acceptable over the next 3 or 4 weeks I might get one then. I might let you have a try...

I very nearly got a boxed GA645 for £80 a few weeks ago, I was gutted when the seller actually researched what they had and refunded my payment! As a result, I'm on the lookout for another one now just to give it a try.

Last edited:
A single malt based fee...

Fuji 690? I borrowed one for about a year and it was great.

There were basically 3 marks and as far as I can tell and from Googleing it was only cosmetic changes done between the MkI to MkIII.

All are mechanical, with fixed lens and they come in two flavors the Fuji G690 and Fuji GSW690.

The GSW had a 65mm lens on it and was the 'wide angle' version (this was also replicated with the 670 models).

I had the GSW version which was great, light weight, sync at any flash speed and for a camera of its size very quiet.

Very early versions of the 690 was the GL690 which dates from the early 70's ? this carried the nickname of the 'Texas Leica' and had three interechangble lens. These are rarer but seem to fetch a fair old price.

Grrrr, not fair. I'm just poor orphan child who needs to try a camera, why would you make me pay more than could I ever afford.?:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Grrrr, not fair. I'm just poor orphan child who needs to try a camera, why would you make me pay more than could I ever afford.?:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

*cough*notsolongagowasaskingaboutlargeformatcamerasandserisoulyconsideringbuyingone*cough*

I really must get that cough of mine seen to...

:D:D:D

:exit:

Well, yes that is true but that was just anticipating my inheritance. I did say I was an orphan (well I will be one day).

that was just anticipating my INHERITANCE.

which you will of course be sharing with all of us in f&c ?? :D

Upon reading this, 90% of digi shooters fight over the cheapest Ilford Sport cameras on fleabay to become part of this side of the forum.....:D :D :D

I'm an orphan, can I have a go with you camera please mister?

I think Nick that you are classed as an urchin or a Cockerney Barra Boy...

Cor blimey guv'nor! Apples and pears! Strike a light! :boxer:

Last edited:
Bugger...this thread has got me investigating one...must stop doing that..

Just to fuel the fire I see someone has one for sale in the classifieds at £400. I paid a lot more for mine.

By the way I am unconnected to that sale, just saying!

Just to fuel the fire I see someone has one for sale in the classifieds at £400. I paid a lot more for mine.

By the way I am unconnected to that sale, just saying!

I'm surprised you paid more unless it was from a dealer/shop. I saw it and I'd be interested but looking at the completed sale prices on a certain auction site it looks a bit overpriced to me.

I'm surprised you paid more unless it was from a dealer/shop. I saw it and I'd be interested but looking at the completed sale prices on a certain auction site it looks a bit overpriced to me.

Yeah I'm looking at a few that are less than half the price, granted they are the mk1 not the mk3 as listed in the classifieds

It was from a dealer so maybe I did pay a little over the odds. Dealers seem to be selling these for around £600-£650 these days. I paid a little less than that.

Ebay just seems to have lots of Japanese sellers - or at least did when I was looking, and I wasn't keen.

Last edited:
REDUCING your collection Nick??...... I see those pills I shared with you for GAS don't work for you either! :D :D

:LOL: To be fair I have just sold an MF camera so it's more like a trade ;)

Currently hovering over the big button on ebay, someone talk me out of it quickly :p

Whoops maybe not...

Back