Fuji 690, anyone used one?

Also in the Show us thread

Acros 100 pushed to 200, devved in Rodinal

100% crop, not bad for hand held and on my first try with a rangefinder!

Finally getting to grips with the 690 now. Here's one from my usually haunt when I'm testing a camera.

Warmingham-Church-Graves by andysnapper1, on Flickr

and a 100% crop

Warmingham-Church-Graves-100 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

I'm really pleased with this one and there are few others from the same 2 rolls I took at the weekend which have potential as well. It would appear to be a brilliant lens.

Andy

OK,I don't know how to say this but.......I don't like my 690.....:thumbsdown::shrug:

I just don't enjoy using it as much as my TLR's, it takes fantastic images but I get nothing from it. I find it difficult to focus (my bad eyes not the camera) and it almost feels like I'm using a dijikal...terrible I know but there you have it.

Andy

OK,I don't know how to say this but.......I don't like my 690.....:thumbsdown::shrug:

I just don't enjoy using it as much as my TLR's, it takes fantastic images but I get nothing from it. I find it difficult to focus (my bad eyes not the camera) and it almost feels like I'm using a dijikal...terrible I know but there you have it.

Andy

Burn the heretic...

[QUOTE I find it difficult to focus (my bad eyes not the camera) Andy[/QUOTE]

If anyone finds it difficult to focus try a Nikon DG2 (screws straight into FUJI eyepiece) I bought mine on Ebay for £6.00,works a treat.

C

Its a good idea but doesn't alter the fact that I don't get any fun out of using the camera... Sad but true.:crying:

I like my Fuji but it only works for certain subjects/methods of shooting so mine isn't going to get much use from day to day. However the lens on mine is so blisteringly sharp, without doubt the sharpest lens I've ever used and I know that if I sell it, I'll wish i hadn't.

I took my Fuji and my 5D to New York and i got most of my better shots on the Fuji as it was the right system to use in that sort of environment. In that sense i can see how you didn't get on with yours. However I reckon you should give it a little more time, don't treat it the same was as your Yash Mat as it's a completely different tool, like saying you prefer your hammer to your screwdriver.

I just need to work out a good film to use with it as the films I use with the RB are too clean for it, if I'm shooting hand held on the go I normally want a bit of grit in the shots, so it's going to have to be something like Tri-X.

I know what your saying Rob, the lenses are stunning and it works brilliantly but I don't feel connected with it even shooting handheld it just seems a bit too clinical.
You're right though, if I sell it I'll probably regret it, that's what usually happens but I think it will have to be moved on to a good home before too long.

Andy

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm shooting 8 shots but only getting 7 images per roll...any thoughts?

Are you lining the arrow on the backing paper up in the right place? I had a similar issue with that when i first started. The arrow needs to be in line with the red dot on the right.

Ah Ha, that would probably be the problem then....RTFM is the quote here.:bang:

Cheers Rob

Back