Fuji 690, anyone used one?

It's entirely possible that you'll get a bill in the post for the customs fees in a few days time. That's happened to me several times and seems to be the way some couriers arrange things.

Maybe, seems like an odd way of doing things though.

Blimey, it looks BIGGER than the RB67! (But then I suppose it needs to be, d'oh)

Blimey, it looks BIGGER than the RB67! (But then I suppose it needs to be, d'oh)

It's wider than the RB is long, but it's less than half of the weight :LOL:

Have you just joined the club? :nuts:

For other people :D I'm waiting for yours to arrive in the travelling Fuji rangefinder challenge (y)

I realised I had no real need for a 6x9 RF - doesn't match what I shoot at all, so decided against it.

No need for a 6 x 9 rangefinder, what kind of crazy talk is this? Everyone needs a 6 x 9 rangefinder.

It's no good, I'm going to give Real Cameras a call and see if they have one in...I'm in Manchester on saturday (going to see Seasick Steve) so I could pick it up then.

It's no good, I'm going to give Real Cameras a call and see if they have one in...I'm in Manchester on saturday (going to see Seasick Steve) so I could pick it up then.

What have I done...

:nuts:

Grrr...they've only got the GSW 690 in stock and its £699, too much gold.

You've only brought forward the inevitable Rob, I was always going to get one at some point.

Bugger...just missed the Postie. The sun is shining I've gotta wait another 24 hours...

Bah, all this talk of 6x9 RF's is making me want one as well!

While I do love the look of them, I'd sooner get a roll film adapter for 5x4. Perhaps it's time to go 6x12...

Bah, no money atm! :(

You know you want to...

I quite fancy getting a 6x12 adapter when I get round to moving LF, I likes me a bit of pano fun

Have you seen the prices of 6x12 roll film holders? I looked into that option a while ago and balked at the price! I did manage to find a really old 6x9 RFH for a sensible amount of money, but the faff of setting up and using the 5x4 is just a bit too much in today's digital instant-results world ;)

Mines turned up...what a Mutha..

magicolor1 said:
Have you seen the prices of 6x12 roll film holders? I looked into that option a while ago and balked at the price! I did manage to find a really old 6x9 RFH for a sensible amount of money, but the faff of setting up and using the 5x4 is just a bit too much in today's digital instant-results world ;)

I respectfully disagree with your final statement.

Personally I find todays digital instant results world to be clinical, over priced, poor quality for the money and frankly a little boring. I could pay £1k+ for a single T&S lens, get only 2 movements and still have to pay for a decent body. The lenses are not as sharp as LF and most MF lenses by a country mile, and there's not a chance in hell you're getting 500MP images from a single digital frame... I could go on.

;)

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree with your final statement.

Personally I find todays digital instant results world to be clinical, over priced, poor quality for the money and frankly a little boring. I could pay £1k+ for a single T&S lens, get only 2 movements and still have to pay for a decent body. The lenses are not as sharp as LF and most MF lenses by a country mile, and there's not a chance in hell you're getting 500MP images from a single digital frame... I could go on.

;)

The smiley on my last post was there because I knew it was a somewhat controversial statement to make on a film forum! :) I'm not sure I want 500MP images as my computer wouldn't be able to handle the huge file sizes very well and today's digital cameras already give me enough resolution to print to 20x16 which is sufficient for me. But I know what you mean about them being too clinical and a little boring. It's just that film is a lot of hassle with fewer places developing it (especially MF and LF) and the costs are spiralling.

:plus1:

I'm not shooting much of anything at the moment, but always enjoyed working with MF kit in the past - I think the ultimate control over the whole picture taking process just appealed to the OCD Control Freak in me!

I'm not shooting much of anything at the moment, but always enjoyed working with MF kit in the past - I think the ultimate control over the whole picture taking process just appealed to the OCD Control Freak in me!

So now you're the Moderator here :D

It's just that film is a lot of hassle with fewer places developing it (especially MF and LF) and the costs are spiralling.

Isn't photography just a lot of hassle really? All this faffing about with memory cards and film and different lenses and batteries and bodies and scanners and labs and filters...!

:LOL:

Isn't photography just a lot of hassle really? All this faffing about with memory cards and film and different lenses and batteries and bodies and scanners and labs and filters...!

You're right there mate, I don't know why we do it.

I spent 3 hours last night scanning and pp'ing 24 mf negs to get 4 half decent images, this was after spending 2 days shooting the shots and a week waiting for them to come back from the developers. Was it worth it...probably.:thinking:

Andy

Yeah OK, point taken! :p

I spent 3 hours last night scanning and pp'ing 24 mf negs to get 4 half decent images, this was after spending 2 days shooting the shots and a week waiting for them to come back from the developers. Was it worth it...probably.:thinking:

4 half decent images is a pretty good ratio in my book, haha! :LOL:

I do thoroughly enjoy it (film & digital photography), but we do make it fantastically complex with the amount of gear.

Pictures to come.

Just loaded it with a roll of Provia and made the obligatory 7 exposures. Should have been 8, but I'm sure I left the lens cap on for 1.
My first rangefinder...that's my excuse. Gonna have to buy a LOT of film..

Can I join this gang with the GA645 I seem to have just bought....

Now I've got a dilema, keep the Pentacon Six that's currently being CLA'd or sell it fund the GA645 seeing as I can't really afford either at the moment :0( Damn this hobby costing me a fortune!

Cheers
Steve (officially skint)

Can I join this gang with the GA645 I seem to have just bought....

Now I've got a dilema, keep the Pentacon Six that's currently being CLA'd or sell it fund the GA645 seeing as I can't really afford either at the moment :0( Damn this hobby costing me a fortune!

Cheers
Steve (officially skint)

"seem to have just bought" ??? :LOL: Those are really nice cameras too - I have the zoom version (GA645Zi) which is just a big P&S but the lenses are first-rate. It's a completely different sort of machine to the Pentacon Six so you need to keep them both :D

Back