Fuji 690, anyone used one?

Don't say that! I'm banking on selling one to pay for the other :0). And yes, the payment just sent itself from my bank...

I'm actually looking forward to the sort of reverse 'freedom' from the point and shoot nature of the Fuji compared to my usual complex SLR with multiple lenses.

Just need to wait to get them both so I can shoot a comparison to decide.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
Rob, if you don't mind me asking, who did you get your Fuji from?

Cheers

Andy

It's the Japanese seller kwm55:
http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/kwm55?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Seem to get a huge amount of good feedback, and they have a lot of stock regularly going in and out (from what I've observed over the last few weeks).

I'd be all over the Fujifilm GW690II for $375 if I was in the market for one.

Wow there's some really nice kit in his ebay shop! Even a couple of the Fuji 6x8 cameras that were never imported into the UK. :)

Thanks FC,I had a feeling it was that one. I did look at the 6 x 8, interesting,but I think I'll stick to one of the 6 x 9`s. Just got a good price on some kit at MPB so I should have the cash next week.

Andy

Put a couple of rolls through mine. Can't wait for the results. Eyeing up the wide angle version now....don't tell SWMBO..

You are going to be in sooooo much trouble.........

I phoned Ffordes earlier, they had a gw690 just arrived, apparently in excellent condition.......they want £649 for it, madness.:eek:

You are going to be in sooooo much trouble.........

I phoned Ffordes earlier, they had a gw690 just arrived, apparently in excellent condition.......they want £649 for it, madness.:eek:

Yeah, the ones in great condition fetch a hefty price which is why i bought a battered mk1 version, especially considering it's the same lens...

Oh no I want one of these now!

I'm still waiting for some images from all these gw690's....

Before I buy one

I'm going to pop a test roll through mine at some point over the next few days

Rob, what kind of remote release does the 690 take? I've got 1 or 2 but I can't tell if they are the right ones.

Cheers

Mine takes the bog standard screw in one if its any help

I'm still waiting for some images from all these gw690's....

Here you go, already in Show Us Your Film Shots, but proof indeed that the GW690 exists!

MCN Wheel by djguru32, on Flickr

GW690I; 400 TriX; HC-110 Dil B @6.5 mins; V500 scan

Cheers Rob, I have a couple of those.

Very nice Dave, now go away and stop teasing me. :D

I'm very eager to see some photos from these 6x9 rangefinders.

I was thinking a medium format rangefinder would be my next port o' call myself, but 6x7 was the format I had in mind...

Keep away....they are mine ^^^^

There's plenty to go round......honest

Yes,that maybe true but Andy will hold his breath til he turns blue if he doesn't get what he wants :eek:

And I will scweam and scweam until I'm sick......oops too late :LOL:

Well I've gone and done it, just pushed the button on one from Japan. (y):D

Well it seems that it's no longer hip to be square

;)

Correct, it is now hip to be rectangular.

Well I've gone and done it, just pushed the button on one from Japan. (y):D

Probably one of the ones I was drooling over on Ebay too:crying:

Well Rob, I think you will find it became fashionable when i bought one, trendsetter, that's me.:D

You rectangular types will soon see the error of your ways. It'll be the photographic equivalent of the emperor's new clothes when people are pointing and laughing in the street at you and your ridiculous non-square cameras.

New fads may come and go but it will always be hip to be square :cool:

Old-fashioned, antiquated and obsolete.......and I don't mean square format :D

Old-fashioned, antiquated and obsolete.......and I don't mean square format :D

I shall treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Sorry.....:sulk:

Back