Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Firmware 4.0 for the X-E2 is amazing :) Took mine for a trip to the forest last week but completely forgot that I'd upgraded the firmware! The menus are nicer, AF quicker and there's a bunch of cool new features e.g. 3 x auto ISO setups to choose from.

This has to be one of the best value models from Fuji at the moment, particularly used. Plus it looks proper cool :D

Could you experts here advise me on how to upload photos - I have used Photobucket on other forums but I see that most here use Flickr.
Thanks

Could you experts here advise me on how to upload photos - I have used Photobucket on other forums but I see that most here use Flickr.
Thanks

Upload them to Flickr and then use the share photo option. Need to select a 1024 x 768 type size to fit with forum rules, and to copy the BB code Flickr provides and paste it into your reply on the forum. Alternatively, upload the photo directly from your disk when adding a post. Bear in mind that the photo needs to be a small size (less than 300kb) :)

Thanks
Photobucket works too if thats waht you prefer

Probably best to monitor the refurb store Matt. I've seen a lot of eBay sales go higher than the refurb price. The kit was down to 450 a couple of weeks ago but I think it's went back to 500. Less the usual discount code of course.

Thanks mate, will keep an eye there. How's things down your way? Came across the light painting images from the Broch recently, few years since you were up here!

Thanks mate, will keep an eye there. How's things down your way? Came across the light painting images from the Broch recently, few years since you were up here!
It has been a while, you've raised a family in the time!
If you arrange great weather this summer we might be back :)

Upload them to Flickr and then use the share photo option. Need to select a 1024 x 768 type size to fit with forum rules, and to copy the BB code Flickr provides and paste it into your reply on the forum. Alternatively, upload the photo directly from your disk when adding a post. Bear in mind that the photo needs to be a small size (less than 300kb) :)
Thanks guys for the info - I'll give it a go

I've had my XE-2 for less than a week and am still finding out new functions to play with although having had an X100, I was reasonably familiar with the set up. Within a day of getting the XE-2, I was off to Branscombe in Devon for some walking so I took the camera along with my usual travelling camera - a Canon G16. These are a couple of shots of the Branscombe valley - taken early morning just as the sun was getting up and burning off the frost - within a few seconds of each other - with the G16 set to 'vivid' and the XE-2 set to 'Velvia'.

G16 - 1/160 at f2.8
G16_Branscombe.jpg

XE-2 - 18-55mm lens 1/125 at f3.2
XE-2_Branscombe.jpg

The colours on the XE-2 are just amazing and the photo really 'pops' - at least it does here on my computer. The only downside to the XE-2 is the carrying of it - the G16 is so portable and just sits in a small belt mounted case but the Fuji needs to be hung around my neck (or loose in a rucksack). Does anyone have a good solution to making the XE-2 easier to carry? I'd like to hear if they do.

I set the above to less than 300k file size but they've turned out rather smaller than I'd hoped for. I also tried reducing the file to 1024 but it wouldn't upload as the file was too big. It looks like I'm doing something wrong here!!

I've had my XE-2 for less than a week and am still finding out new functions to play with although having had an X100, I was reasonably familiar with the set up. Within a day of getting the XE-2, I was off to Branscombe in Devon for some walking so I took the camera along with my usual travelling camera - a Canon G16. These are a couple of shots of the Branscombe valley - taken early morning just as the sun was getting up and burning off the frost - within a few seconds of each other - with the G16 set to 'vivid' and the XE-2 set to 'Velvia'.

G16 - 1/160 at f2.8
View attachment 59853

XE-2 - 18-55mm lens 1/125 at f3.2
View attachment 59854

The colours on the XE-2 are just amazing and the photo really 'pops' - at least it does here on my computer. The only downside to the XE-2 is the carrying of it - the G16 is so portable and just sits in a small belt mounted case but the Fuji needs to be hung around my neck (or loose in a rucksack). Does anyone have a good solution to making the XE-2 easier to carry? I'd like to hear if they do.
I only have a wrist strap and a shoulder carry bag. Camera is either on my wrist ready to go or in the bag. Works for me....

I only have a wrist strap and a shoulder carry bag. Camera is either on my wrist ready to go or in the bag. Works for me....
I use a think tank retrospective & will be buying a wrist strap this week. The bag is plenty big enough for camera gear + I can get a bottle of water in there too (wrapped in a plastic bag just in case)

I set the above to less than 300k file size but they've turned out rather smaller than I'd hoped for. I also tried reducing the file to 1024 but it wouldn't upload as the file was too big. It looks like I'm doing something wrong here!!

I use Photobucket rather than uploading to TP. Size the image to max 1024 pixels, ignore the file size, upload to PB, then use the Share option, and click on the option with IMG tags; copy that (seems to do this automatically by just clicking), then paste into the TP post. Bit of a faff back and forth, but seems to work for me...

It's the standard price for the X-E2 at the moment. Only way to get cheaper in the UK at the moment is second hand or wait for stocks in the refurb shop AFAIK.

Ah right, I was on the look out for a bargain at the photography show and there weren't any, lce said they had virtually all gone, with the odd ones left in some shops.

I bought my XE-2 + 18-55 lens from Amazon last week for £549. I just missed the last Fuji refurb but they were only £50 cheaper. They're great value at the moment.

I bought my XE-2 + 18-55 lens from Amazon last week for £549. I just missed the last Fuji refurb but they were only £50 cheaper. They're great value at the moment.

The refurb store was actually down to £449 before they ran out of stock and the paypal12 discount code took that down to £405. I bought a refurb kit just before they reduced it! And then for some strange reason they put the price back to £499 after they sold out :confused: If they come back into stock though the discount code brings it down to £449.

The refurb store was actually down to £449 before they ran out of stock and the paypal12 discount code took that down to £405. I bought a refurb kit just before they reduced it! And then for some strange reason they put the price back to £499 after they sold out :confused: If they come back into stock though the discount code brings it down to £449.

Very good value indeed and amazing when you consider that secondhand (at LCE) an XE-2 + 18-55 lens are being offered for £570 (£330 +£240).

Yeap decided, going for a cheap X-E1 and a couple of lenses. 18/35 and then something longer. Not sure about what 35 though, I like the 1.4 aspect, not really one for needing weather sealing from the f2... For the long option I Thought about an old Canon 135 f2.8 FD with converter (possibly less that £100) needed for low light-ish, anything else I should consider cheap wise?

So anyone selling up pretty soon let me know!

Thanks for that, the Pentacon 'Bokeh monster' looks amazing! Why have I never heard of that! Yea it is on the long side but need something a bit long for those closer in, tighter shot now and again :) Will have a look at the 100 you mentioned too.

Dixon's Duty Free on Stansted had an X-E1 bundle yesterday that looked a decent price, although I only have it a quick glance.

In a couple of weeks I'll be posting some m42 lenses in the classifieds, including a CZJ S 135/3.5 MC. Personally, I prefer the marginally slower CZ Teletessar 135/4 HFT.

Got me a used X-E2 to accompany my X-T1 a few weeks back - and I love it. I shoot with both now, uaually the 10-24mm on the X-E2 (Landscapes - and the sensor is cleaner) and a prime like the 35 / 56 or 90 on the X-T1 (Tendimng to wide apertures so less blobby problems)

I do love the film simulations

Attachments

• 1459453764373.jpg
    1459453764373.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 18
Hi Guys, I'm very new to the fuji scene (in that I got my fuji XE1 three days ago with a 16-50 lens, and a 27mm pancake lens today). I've tried looking on tinter-web for this answer but just wanted confirmation. Is the Fuji 27mm 2.8 lens normal a really noisy bugger when it comes to focus, or have I bought a duff lens. It is a second-hand camera and lens if that makes a difference to anyone's answer.

Hi Guys, I'm very new to the fuji scene (in that I got my fuji XE1 three days ago with a 16-50 lens, and a 27mm pancake lens today). I've tried looking on tinter-web for this answer but just wanted confirmation. Is the Fuji 27mm 2.8 lens normal a really noisy bugger when it comes to focus, or have I bought a duff lens. It is a second-hand camera and lens if that makes a difference to anyone's answer.

Tim, my 27mm was definitely not noisy, a very discrete lens. If it came from a dealer I'd take it back and compare with a new one.

Mines brand new and I can hear the af clearly. It's not canikon afs/usm quiet.

Last edited:
The only work to describe it is clunky. Tried phoning local shops to try another used one but they don't have any. If someone could video or record the sound from theirs to compare that would be good. I will do the same when I get home.

Back