Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

Yep, they do the standard batteries, but not the 'white' premium series they do for the w126 batteries.

XT10/XE2 owners, an easy question please:
When you are reviewing your photos on the camera screen, if you zoom in on the image can you then move between frames in the zoomed mode, or do you have to come out and re-zoom on the next image (a la X100)?
And when you do review images does the zoom function centre on the AF point chosen (a la X100)?

Many thanks in anticipation!!

When you are reviewing your photos on the camera screen, if you zoom in on the image can you then move between frames in the zoomed mode, or do you have to come out and re-zoom on the next image (a la X100)?
And when you do review images does the zoom function centre on the AF point chosen (a la X100)?

My XE2 does stay zoomed in as long as the images you're switching between are the same orientation. As soon as it swaps from landscape to portrait (or vice versa) it reverts to the full image. Not sure about the AF point question as I only ever use the centre point :)

Many thanks in anticipation!!

X100 and X-E2 owner here :)

When you are reviewing your photos on the camera screen, if you zoom in on the image can you then move between frames in the zoomed mode. You scroll between images using the thumb dial.
And when you do review images the zoom function does centre on the AF point chosen. ;)

I always disable image review rotate, so portrait images are shown sideways on the camera, this maximises the image clarity and I just rotate the camera to review it. With this option disabled, you don't get reverted back to full image when scrolling between images.

When you are reviewing your photos on the camera screen, if you zoom in on the image can you then move between frames in the zoomed mode. You scroll between images using the thumb dial.
And when you do review images the zoom function does centre on the AF point chosen. ;)

I always disable image review rotate, so portrait images are shown sideways on the camera, this maximises the image clarity and I just rotate the camera to review it. With this option disabled, you don't get reverted back to full image when scrolling between images.
Brilliant, many thanks!!

Oh, and do mind me asking, why have you kept the X100? Do you find it complements the XE2? Is it your 23mm "lens"?
Ta!

Oh, and do mind me asking, why have you kept the X100? Do you find it complements the XE2? Is it your 23mm "lens"?
Ta!

The X-E2 replaced my 5D mark 2, with money to spare after selling the Canon gear. :D For everything except holidays and photographical outings, I simply take the X100 in its ever-ready case and nothing else.

To be honest, I've found I don't need a general purpose lens for X-E2. Only got 10-24, 60mm and 55-200. My general purpose "lens" is still the X100. When out with 2 cameras, as you said, X100 is still my 23mm "lens", and 60mm stays on my X-E2.

For me (and my wife, who has gotten very good with X100), the only replacement for it is another X100 or X100T, or the illusive X200. X-E2 is a DSLR replacement, it's not as fun to shoot as X100.

The X-E2 replaced my 5D mark 2, with money to spare after selling the Canon gear. :D For everything except holidays and photographical outings, I simply take the X100 in its ever-ready case and nothing else.

To be honest, I've found I don't need a general purpose lens for X-E2. Only got 10-24, 60mm and 55-200. My general purpose "lens" is still the X100. When out with 2 cameras, as you said, X100 is still my 23mm "lens", and 60mm stays on my X-E2.

For me (and my wife, who has gotten very good with X100), the only replacement for it is another X100 or X100T, or the illusive X200. X-E2 is a DSLR replacement, it's not as fun to shoot as X100.
Thanks, I really appreciate your feedback.

Yep, they do the standard batteries, but not the 'white' premium series they do for the w126 batteries.
As far as I can see, the black and white batteries from ex-pro are rated exactly the same. For the 126 type anyway.

Cool! Will get a couple. I need to get the double charger anyway, need more charging throughput :)

The white series are probably just better quality cells, they are stated as 'premium A+' grade. Their output is the same but they probably last longer both in use and lifetime. Anyway, it's an alternative. I now have 8 batteries for my x100s and 5 for my XE2

Yep, the 95s come in a white wrapper but don't seem to be advertised as 'white series' like the 126s. Just bought 2 last week. They work perfectly, as do the little LCD chargers.

I think mine is the first one you link, LCD dual charger with fast charge option and a USB Out charger port. *If* I could also get the inserts for the other batteries I use (Sigma Merrill) it would be an Excellent charger rather than just Very Good. As it is, it's larger than two standard chargers but does have the benefit of only needing one plug socket to charge two batteries, it does charge quickly and you have the % charge readout to see how the charge is progressing.

I've got a double charger without LCD, and a single charger with LCD (also has a 12v car option). I've never tried my charger in the car but both work perfectly from the mains. (I have both chargers for both battery types).

Excellent thanks for the information gonna go with the dual lcd one, bonus that it comes with car charger lead too.

Im thinking about getting an xE2/XT10 in the future initially with one prime lens. Which lens would you recommend from the affordable 18mm or 27mm?

Thanks,
AL

Viewfinder is a must. Also considered one of the X100 series but I know that somewhere along the line I would wish I had the choice of adding different lenses.

AL

Im thinking about getting an xE2/XT10 in the future initially with one prime lens. Which lens would you recommend from the affordable 18mm or 27mm?

Thanks,
AL

With the recent firmware upgrade there isn't much to chose between the two. I've had both and have an XE2 as a backup to my xt1 but if I had to pick one it would be the xt10 as I find the flip screen very useful.

Regarding the lenses it depends at what distance you shoot the most. I've recently sold my 18mm and replaced with a samyang 12mm as I wanted something wider and I already have an 18-135 si the 18mm is covered. It's a great lens sometimes a bit soft wide open at the edges but once you hit f4 everything is sharp.

I've recently purchased the 27mm but there was a fault with it and I've today took delivery of a new one. It's a sharp lens and is very small and the xe2 and 27mm you can fit in a jacket pocket.

If you have the money keep your eye on fuji refurbished use PAYPAL12 for 10% off on camera bodies or kits. The 18-55 is a great lens you could see what distance you shoot most and easily sell it for £200 which would make the body cheaper than buying second hand or new.

The only issue with the 27mm is no aperture control on the Lens, but mine is sharp and of course compact. Some people suggest neither are sharp in comparison to say the 23mm f1. 4 but I have no complaints. I've really enjoyed using the 27mm as it is a slightly longer focal length than I am used to, (23mm) or the 18mm if in a crowded city. No complaints. Personally I choose both lenses, they are different. Rumour of a 23mm f2 which sounds good.

The 27mm on an X-E2. It's a very discrete package, and the 27mm is an under-appreciated lens that's bang on the "normal" focal length for the sensor.

Thanks,
AL
Surely best to try?
No one can really advise you without you posting what type of photography you're going to be doing!
Personally..... I'd find a single lens option too limiting if I went for the 27mm.

Well my new XE-2 + 18-55 lens arrived by DPD this morning after a two day delay during which it got 'miss-routed'. Anyway it's here now and that's all that matters. A couple of questions for you experts:- 1. The firmware is 3.0 for the camera and 3.12 for the lens - is it worth upgrading to the latest firmware? Secondly, and this is a problem that I had with my Fuji X100 also - Windows 10 won't recognize it and tells me that the SD card is empty - even though it has some images on it. I understand that this is a known Windows 10 fault - I can access the images using a card reader without problem but I don't like having to remove and replace the SD card every time I want to download some images - is there a solution to this issue. Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers

I'm in a bit of a quandary about the XE-2 and the X-T10. Been using my X-E1 for quite a while now, and find it a pleasure to use/carry, and was going to just get an X-T10 for the extra features, although a little larger I flirted with the XT-1 last summer and found it not too uncomfortable to carry. BOOM! then comes F/W 4.0 for the X-E2 and opens a huge can of worms, is there any way to make this decision easier, other than flipping a coin?

I like having the extra dials, and the flip screen ... but on the other hand I like how compact the X-E2 is just like the X-E1 I have now. Can someone please tell me there is a great difference in image quality or something to help make this choice easier, argggghhhhh. :(

I'm in a bit of a quandary about the XE-2 and the X-T10. Been using my X-E1 for quite a while now, and find it a pleasure to use/carry, and was going to just get an X-T10 for the extra features, although a little larger I flirted with the XT-1 last summer and found it not too uncomfortable to carry. BOOM! then comes F/W 4.0 for the X-E2 and opens a huge can of worms, is there any way to make this decision easier, other than flipping a coin?

I like having the extra dials, and the flip screen ... but on the other hand I like how compact the X-E2 is just like the X-E1 I have now. Can someone please tell me there is a great difference in image quality or something to help make this choice easier, argggghhhhh. :(
The firmware makes the xe2 virtually a XT 10 in another body ( there maybe a couple of minor differences)personally I'm more than happy with the xe2, image quality will be the same so it's going to be which body you prefer but the xe2 is cheaper

Last edited:
Well my new XE-2 + 18-55 lens arrived by DPD this morning after a two day delay during which it got 'miss-routed'. Anyway it's here now and that's all that matters. A couple of questions for you experts:- 1. The firmware is 3.0 for the camera and 3.12 for the lens - is it worth upgrading to the latest firmware? Secondly, and this is a problem that I had with my Fuji X100 also - Windows 10 won't recognize it and tells me that the SD card is empty - even though it has some images on it. I understand that this is a known Windows 10 fault - I can access the images using a card reader without problem but I don't like having to remove and replace the SD card every time I want to download some images - is there a solution to this issue. Thanks in advance for any help
Cheers
You will want to update to the latest firmware 4.0. Lots of additional goodies in there, not least of all USB support in Windows 10, which came with 3.01.

The firmware makes the xe2 virtually a XT 10 in another body ( there maybe a couple of minor differences)personally I'm more than happy with the xe2, image quality will be the same so it's going to be which body you prefer but the xe2 is cheaper

As I feared, and the cost difference is tiny now too which makes it even harder. Think I'll get the X-T10 then I can see which one I prefer, from a size perspective until I sell my X-E1. Now, the next question, silver or black? :)

As I feared, and the cost difference is tiny now too which makes it even harder. Think I'll get the X-T10 then I can see which one I prefer, from a size perspective until I sell my X-E1. Now, the next question, silver or black? :)
Both are going to be personal but I do prefer the black

You will want to update to the latest firmware 4.0. Lots of additional goodies in there, not least of all USB support in Windows 10, which came with 3.01.
Thanks dlh - I am surprised that my new XE-2 was shipped with firmware 3 - I wouldn't necessarily have expected the latest v4 but I would have thought that it would have been the previous one (v3.01). What's the difference between 3.01 & 4 ??

Thanks dlh - I am surprised that my new XE-2 was shipped with firmware 3 - I wouldn't necessarily have expected the latest v4 but I would have thought that it would have been the previous one (v3.01). What's the difference between 3.01 & 4 ??

v4 is fairly recent, so if your new X-E2 had been at the dealer for more than a few weeks, it would still have a version of v3 on it. Dealers don't always upgrade before shipping out.

v4 has massive changes especially with regard to the AF, it is like having a new camera. Just look here for the differences http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xe2/ it really is a no-brainer just upgrade

Back