Fuji X-E1/X-E2/X-E2S/X-E3 Owners Thread

I'm not sure I'd rely on that as it looks like everything that's out of stock says 5-7 days, and that can't be true?

I just meant that I doubt everything that is out of stock is all going to arrive within 5 to 7 days. Some might be more, some might be less, so it seems like that's a standard thing for them to say, however long it might take to get back in stock? Then again I might be wrong :)

I will find out what 5-7 days really means now, as I just ordered one with the kit lens and the 27mm. Don't tell SWMBO...

Authorised dealers would expect to be able to get stock in within a week from the manufacturer - provided they have it in stock, of course..

So 5-7 days would be standard to allow for the vageries of which day of the week the customer orders, the cutoff deadlines and the usual delivery days.

So random question, firmwared up X- E1 vs Rx100ii, which would win in focus speed? Reason being I'm looking at an x-e1 and have a rx100, I can't really remeber how 'bad' the focus was on the x-e1 I had over a year ago and that had never had a firmware update either...

So random question, firmwared up X- E1 vs Rx100ii, which would win in focus speed? Reason being I'm looking at an x-e1 and have a rx100, I can't really remeber how 'bad' the focus was on the x-e1 I had over a year ago and that had never had a firmware update either...

It depends a bit on the lens being used, an 35mm f1.4 or 60mm would still be a bit pedestrian.....

Authorised dealers would expect to be able to get stock in within a week from the manufacturer - provided they have it in stock, of course..

So 5-7 days would be standard to allow for the vageries of which day of the week the customer orders, the cutoff deadlines and the usual delivery days.
It appears UK digital get deliveries from Fujifilm on Tuesdays. They emailed me to ask if was OK that the camera would be a day later as they were out of stock and the delivery from Fujifilm was tomorrow. :)

Thanks for posting that deal! I'm quite tempted myself.
Bit unsure on what to go for though tbh, I was pretty much decided on the X100S but I'm missing the 35mm f1.4. Is there much difference between the X-E1, X-E2 and X-T10?

Which camera depends a bit on your photography. I love the XE2 and have just sold my X100S. The XE2 is now definitely quicker which is important for me as I like street/urban photography. I used to like the X100S as it had a silent shutter, but the XE2 now adds electronic shutter which is silent. I can't see any reason for an XE1 over an XE2 unless you were on a tight budget, and the recent firmware upgrade now takes it up two steps ahead in my opinion. The X-T10 has the flip screen but looks more DSLR like in shape although not size. The 35mm f1.4 is a bit slow to focus, and some are a bit noisy. It really depends on what features are important.

I had the X-E1, then X Pro 1 and 35mm f1.4 before and loved them both but wasn't getting enough use really. I always thought the autofocus was decent enough for my needs.
The flip screen doesn't really bother me, I suppose its just a matter of choosing between the X-E2 and X-T10, there doesn't seem to be a huge difference though.

Thanks for posting that deal! I'm quite tempted myself.
Bit unsure on what to go for though tbh, I was pretty much decided on the X100S but I'm missing the 35mm f1.4. Is there much difference between the X-E1, X-E2 and X-T10?
I started with an X-E1 moved on to and X-E2 and then an X-T1, now back with an X-E2 :) I've never had and X-T10 or any desire to own one.

I really enjoyed the X-T1, it has a great viewfinder and lots of dials for your settings but I prefer the form factor of the X-E2. Just hoping for an X-E3 with the Xpro2's sensor and the X-T1's viewfinder.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. The free sling bag is a real bonus but the outstanding part of this deal for me is the build quality of the 18-55 lens.

How this lens can be described as a kit lens is beyond me.

I own the 18mm, 35mm, 60mm, 18-135mm and 50-140 2.8 lens and this 18-55 beats the build quality of all but the 50-140mm f2.8. It is fantastic.

Oh, and the XE2 is quite nice too :)

Anyone here cleaned their sensors, if so what did you use?

I have done, but only my DLSR not the XE1. But I would imagine it is the same process. I used a cleaning kit bought from WEX. Can't remember the name.

Cheers for that Tim, I imagine its similar to doing a DSLR

Cheers for that Tim, I imagine its similar to doing a DSLR

From what I can gather via T'interweb, it is just the same. I used a swab like kit with a bottle of solution. Fold one of the cloths around the swab stick, few drops of solution on either side of the swab stick, then GENTLY swipe across the sensor, turn over and swipe again.

Anyone here cleaned their sensors, if so what did you use?

Yes, easy peasy on a mirrorless, as no mirror to move, and everything is closer to you!! as Tim says.

I've cleaned X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1 without issue, what I have found though is that they have needed cleaning less often than a DSLR even though I chnage lenses often, possibly the effect of not having a mirror which moves air around inside the camera.

My advise is not to get too much liquid on the swab, better to have 2 or 3 gently goes, than trying to mop up a flood!!!!!

How this lens can be described as a kit lens is beyond me.
It isn't really the kit lens of the range, that falls on the XC16-50 (which isn't exactly a slouch either, but is a bit more plasticky than the XF lenses).

A friends boy ( aged 16) is looking for a Fuji is there a massive advantage of the xe2 over the 1 for a learner who will prob stick with kit lens for a while?

A friends boy ( aged 16) is looking for a Fuji is there a massive advantage of the xe2 over the 1 for a learner who will prob stick with kit lens for a while?
Yes.. the AF will be a lot less frustrating for him with the X-E2.

I see OSD are listing a good price (grey) for the E2, although no stock at the moment.

Yes.. the AF will be a lot less frustrating for him with the X-E2.

I see OSD are listing a good price (grey) for the E2, although no stock at the moment.

thank you sir his dad asked me about a Fuji I said I would have to ask as they aren't my area .... :) thanks will steer him towards the x-e2

From what I can gather via T'interweb, it is just the same. I used a swab like kit with a bottle of solution. Fold one of the cloths around the swab stick, few drops of solution on either side of the swab stick, then GENTLY swipe across the sensor, turn over and swipe again.

Yes, easy peasy on a mirrorless, as no mirror to move, and everything is closer to you!! as Tim says.

I've cleaned X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1 without issue, what I have found though is that they have needed cleaning less often than a DSLR even though I chnage lenses often, possibly the effect of not having a mirror which moves air around inside the camera.

My advise is not to get too much liquid on the swab, better to have 2 or 3 gently goes, than trying to mop up a flood!!!!!
Thanks guys much appreciated.

@Mr Perceptive do you remember which kit you used?

TBF, I have the XT1 and XE1, the XE1 in decent light isnt bad at all at AF (not terrible in lower light either) and for the money it still delivers excellent image quality. Some say better than the newer sensors especially in jpg. If he can afford the XE2 Id also recommend going that way but its down to budget imo.

@Mr Perceptive do you remember which kit you used?

I have used Visible Dust Swabs and solution for years.

I have a box of Visible Dust Swabs for DSLR sensor 1.5x-1.6x and a box of Visible Dust Corner Swab for DSLR sensor, and some fluid

They have newer shaped products now http://www.visibledust.com/products3.php?pid=451 and http://www.visibledust.com/products3.php?pid=409

WEX sell them amongst others.

I'm not a fan of blowers/butterflys etc as I think that just tends to move the problem around rather than remove it!!!

TBF, I have the XT1 and XE1, the XE1 in decent light isnt bad at all at AF (not terrible in lower light either) and for the money it still delivers excellent image quality. Some say better than the newer sensors especially in jpg. If he can afford the XE2 Id also recommend going that way but its down to budget imo.

The AF on the X-E2/X-T10 is so much better than the X-E1, and at that age he will be finding his feet as to what he wants to photographs, and this could be anything from stationery to fast moving. If budget allows I'd go for the X-E2/X-T10 and given that an X-E2 kit with 18-55 lens can be had for less than 500 of your earth pounds at the moment, it's a bit of a billy bargain (and thats from someone who bought the kit on pre-order at £1,199 !!!!)

I've just discovered that the lens hood on the 18-55 lens is very loose when 'locked' into position. It rattles and wobbles about. I'm surprised they have engineered the lens so well and then stuck a crap bit of plastic on the end. Still, excellent overall value.

The AF on the X-E2/X-T10 is so much better than the X-E1, and at that age he will be finding his feet as to what he wants to photographs, and this could be anything from stationery to fast moving. If budget allows I'd go for the X-E2/X-T10 and given that an X-E2 kit with 18-55 lens can be had for less than 500 of your earth pounds at the moment, it's a bit of a billy bargain (and thats from someone who bought the kit on pre-order at £1,199 !!!!)

Yes, IF budget allows, which Im quite certain I said. Yes, its cheap, but not as cheap as an XE1, to you £500 may be a little, to a 16 yr old its probably a fortune.

Yes, IF budget allows, which Im quite certain I said. Yes, its cheap, but not as cheap as an XE1, to you £500 may be a little, to a 16 yr old its probably a fortune.

I absolutely agree, if you look hard enough you can get X-E1 for around £75, add a Mk1 16-50 and you could have a very decent system for £150

I absolutely agree, if you look hard enough you can get X-E1 for around £75, add a Mk1 16-50 and you could have a very decent system for £150

Yeah, pretty incredible the level of quality you can get these days for entry level compact money!

I've very recently just bought an XE1 and 16-50 lens for £190 all in. I'm sure if you shopped around as @Mr Perceptive suggests you will get something a little cheaper. I also think the XE1 will do fine for starters and will last them a few years to come.

If it was my lad I'd be asking 'why did he want a Fuji' in particular? If he can justify the reasoning I'd then be clearer about a particular model that suits his need (and more prepared to stick my hand in my pocket if need be). Otherwise, I'd take him to a good camera store and get him to look and feel a range of equipment. If there was any chance photography was going to be a job (which I would have though would have been evident before 16) I'd probably be more inclined to stick with more traditional brands like Nikon or Canon in preparation for the systems that tend to be set up in colleges/workplaces for photography.

Last edited:
Back