The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I think it really depends on what you want the lens for:-

F1.4 sharpest IQ (possibly the sharpest of all the Fuji primes), and it's got F1.4

F2, not as good in the IQ stakes (but still good, there isn't a really a bad Fuji prime, just ones with faster/shower AF), but faster AF and Weather Resistant and more compact.

Personally I love the F1.4, it's my most used lens.

Have you shot with the F2, personally to compare with the F1.4?

Have you shot with the F2, personally to compare with the F1.4?

I've seen a fair amount of comparisons online, I was interested in the 23 F2 also, but after some research decided against it. I had the opportunity to trade my 35 1.4 for one at the time. I don't like lenses that are soft wide open when close focusing. And on any site I checked, the comparison to the 23 1.4 showed a gigantic gap in quality at wider apertures. It's a pity, could have been a right gem for the price if it weren't for that softening issue at F2

@Mr Perceptive
Are you watching Greg Wallace in the pasta factory?
They have a camera that can scan 34,000 kernels of wheat a minute and then reject the duds.
That's some gear!

Tried to add some photos from Flickr from phone site but can't get it to work! Will post soon.

Last edited:
The article mentions a Facebook page. Anyone on here who uses that, who could have a look what it says - if anything?

Nothing new here

@Mr Perceptive
They have a camera that can scan 34,000 kernels of wheat a minute and then reject the duds.
That's some gear!

Didn't see, but I've seen (and developed) similar high speed systems in the past, often the mechanics required is in my mind cleverer than the vision inspection.

@Mr Perceptive
That's some gear!

I saw that! I have a similar set-up - my cameras are set to shoot without cards so every shot I take is rejected - no duds!!! :p

I did notice that some of the rejects weren't blown quite far enough and carried on down the "good" chute but they might have been good ones that were close to being collateral damage, just missing being caught by the air blast.

Not a fan of the grocer but find most food programmes fascinating so put up with his inanity!

Not a fan of the grocer but find most food programmes fascinating so put up with his inanity!
Can't say I like the guy but these programmes he's doing on the manufacturing of our food are quite educational. The quantities and volumes in last night's episode were just colossal.

I found out last week that most tea bags are made just across the Merseyside from us. That's oop north!

In the past a Fuji 'S' has stood for 'second', as in second generation camera variant, eg X100 -> X100S -> X100T (third) and no guessing for the 'F' variant, but it was also used on X-E2, the S version (still a current camera) has little or no improvement over a firmware upgraded X-E2

X-T2S, its just a made up name at this stage it could be an S or even an X-T3, the rumour sites need to keep promoting this sort of stuff to attract advertising revenue and other pay per click type links. Personally I don't think we will see an updated X-T2 for quite a while yet, I suspect that an X-E3 will be next.

THIS is nail, head, firmly hit.

@Mr Perceptive
That's some gear!

Are you sure that is not a second? 34000 a minute is only 566 a second which is about the number of grains across that belt and they were going past at far more than 1 per second.

IF the next generation of X bodies will have IBIS, will they automatically disable the lenses' OIS systems? I know that the Nikanon stabilisation was in lens because that's the only way to keep the image stable through a "proper" OVF but with EVFs, either IBIS or ILIS can keep things in the EVF relatively stable.
TBH, I'd be a little surprised if Fuji went IBIS since they have already invested a lot (as have their users!) in ILIS lenses.

Not many of their lenses have IS. and they can be switched off. however some makers have hybrid systems that can use both at once.

Are you sure that is not a second? 34000 a minute is only 566 a second which is about the number of grains across that belt and they were going past at far more than 1 per second.
Yes. It could gave been a second. I was a bit overwhelmed with the numbers being thrown out and my brain was getting addled. Even when I'd posted the comment I was still thinking it should have been per second.

It's called old age. Ask @Nod he'll tell you!

Last edited:
Yes. It could gave been a second. I was a bit overwhelmed with the numbers being thrown out and my brain was getting addled. Even when I'd posted the comment I was still thinking it should have been per second.

At 82 I qualify for the pensioner high table myself.

The unnatural one!

Hope the knee's continuing to improve BTW. Takes a while, I understand.
It's OK. I have full movement in it - far more than most patients get. I go out on the bike 3 or 4 times a week so am building leg strength, but it takes time to overcome the operation. My knee is a lot hotter than the other one, and that's my body fighting to heal all the damage. Metabolism is all over the place! Will take months to settle down. I'm getting private physio which is helping. But I'm winning, which is the main thing.

Fastest inspection I've done is 175,000 items per second, they were in a rectilinear pattern so that makes like easier!!! It used a linescan camera which had a pixel array of 8000 wide x 1 pixel high, and it builds up a continuous waterfall image as the product passes underneath, as you can image the line wasn't moving slowly, but not as fast as print lines or something like tetrapac cartons which are often in excess of 500m/min !!

Anyway shouldn't we be talking about Fuji X-T series cameras, before the forum police intercept!!!

Just a candid street style shot taken of a young lady with her guitar about to start doing some busking with a couple of very contented dogs by her side.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/130th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Ready For Busking-03083 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering the Samyang 12mm, looks like a little gem.

Digging through some of my forgotten folders [I do this a lot ... forget] I found this shot of a Rook that I liked. He has only made 2 appearances in our garden that I know of. We mostly get smaller birds, but he saw an opportunity after a rain shower this day, and the food I'd left out for the wee birdies wasn't being appreciated.

Shot through the window with my ol' SMC Takumar 200mm on the XT-1, and I'll say at F4, as I only ever use that lens wide open.
Lone Rook by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just a simple Macro/Close Up shot of a Fly. The shot was taken in my barn and the fly was in actual fact hanging upside down on the top edge of a window but I thought it looked better to present it with the fly the right way up so to speak.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens Plus Ext' Tubes, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Fly (1)-03117 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple Macro/Close Up shot of a Fly. The shot was taken in my barn and the fly was in actual fact hanging upside down on the top edge of a window but I thought it looked better to present it with the fly the right way up so to speak.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens Plus Ext' Tubes, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Fly (1)-03117 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Great pose!

Back