The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Here's one more with the Samyang 12mm, not sure how many more of these I'll have from Eigg. Many pictures benefit from something to give a sense of scale, but I quite like that in this one it's really quite hard to say exactly what size anything is - it's slightly dizzying, to me at least! Is this a useful properties of wide-angle lenses? The answer, as they say, is yours to decide :D

Reach
by David Hallett, on Flickr

I finally caved and paid the upgrade for LR6 (£65ish - after hunting for 20 minutes for a link that still works!). Clearly Lightroom is not being upgraded anytime soon (since the subscription model came in) and I can't be bothered with messing around with DNG converters all the time. Really wish Adobe would hurry up with these speed improvements though, X-T20 files seem to take ages to render even on a powerful PC.

I finally caved and paid the upgrade for LR6 (£65ish - after hunting for 20 minutes for a link that still works!). Clearly Lightroom is not being upgraded anytime soon (since the subscription model came in) and I can't be bothered with messing around with DNG converters all the time. Really wish Adobe would hurry up with these speed improvements though, X-T20 files seem to take ages to render even on a powerful PC.

Don't forget you can get the dehaze tool to use as a plug in on the standalone version

I got it here https://cutthruthefog.wordpress.com/lightroom-6-dehaze/ and it works with the latest version LR 6.10

Really like this one! Love Apaches

Number two is stunning, so much drama, love it! Number 5 caught my eye too :) Difficult subjects, particularly in that light.

Great set but that second shot is absolutely epic.

Superb. I really like the Apache one, well done.

Thanks all, I quite like the Apache shoot as well. At least I do now, at the time I was in a massive sulk! :D If you were in the central grandstand the shot would have been of the Apache head on with a wall of fire from all the pyrotechnics behind! Quite happy with the feel of the shot I got from my vantage point though, the remaining smoke frames it well and I got lucky with some trails on the rotors :)

Another boring Landscape / seascape from me I'm afraid. Was jealous of all these RIAT shots coming in that I decided to chance going out tonight as the sky looked pretty interesting. Not the best composition with a lack of foreground interest, so what do you do? That's right, you jump in yourself! Taken using the app to trigger the shutter, I even managed to get my best side ;)

Pencil Monument, Largs
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

thanks

Ian

Another boring Landscape / seascape from me I'm afraid. Was jealous of all these RIAT shots coming in that I decided to chance going out tonight as the sky looked pretty interesting. Not the best composition with a lack of foreground interest, so what do you do? That's right, you jump in yourself! Taken using the app to trigger the shutter, I even managed to get my best side ;)

Pencil Monument, Largs

thanks

Ian

That's a pretty tasteful selfie :)

It's weird but I was kinda used to how long it takes to transfer my pictures off my xt20 over wifi at full res. I then used my newly acquired xe2 and I know the files are smaller but at full res they take a couple of seconds instead of about 30 on the xt20. Is this normal?

Last edited:
One from that London that they have now...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/220716325/shard-sunset-by-ash-smith

A few from today at Shelsley Walsh hill climb 'Classic Nostagia' event. First time I've been there and it's not great for photography, although if I'd taken the 100-400 there were a few more options. Really nice paddock area to walk around :)

Shelsley Walsh - Classic Nostalgia 2017
by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

All with the X-T2, and either the 50-140, 23 f1.4 or 56 f1.2. Oh, one with the 18-55 as well :)

Last edited:
A few from today at Shelsley Walsh hill climb 'Classic Nostagia' event. First time I've been there and it's not great for photography, although if I'd taken the 100-400 there were a few more options. Really nice paddock area to walk around :)

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

by JJ, on Flickr

All with the X-T2, and either the 50-140, 23 f1.4 or 56 f1.2. Oh, one with the 18-55 as well :)

Great set of images Sir, some good comp's & colour. With the last shot being my fav'.(y)

George.

wOw that a corker of a capture Ash, that peachy ski is SUBLIME! That would look excellent professionally printed and hung proudly on a wall.

Regards;
Peter

Agree with Peter, that is one cracking shot and yes Wow on the sky (y)

This page doesn't do it justice. It deserves printing LARGE.

Thank you Gents :)

Another from the same shoot...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/220802491/st-pauls-sunset-by-ash-smith

Might have to investigate getting them printed as a pair and then persuade wifey to let me hand them somewhere!

@macvisual - that may be over-egging the pudding a touch, but thank you none the less :)

I've placed an order for a 24x16 of the Shard one as a sort of test print so will see how it comes out. Unfortunately the subject is not at all to wifey's tastes, so the chances of it actually making it to a wall are slim to none! Might end up being framed and put up for sale or i'll approach a local coffee shop and see if they'll display it if I can't persuade wifey to have it in the house!

A few from a short jaunt into Glasgow today from me. In and around Glasgow central or more specifically, Mitchell Street / Lane.

Lighthouse Spiral Staircase

Mitchell Lane, Glasgow

Street Art at Mitchell Street, Glasgow

Cheers

Ian

These three are right up my street, great photography! The colours in number two are superb, it really grabbed my attention. The third one is an absolute cracker as well, I love the way some of the bins are open, some shut...brilliant.

These three are right up my street, great photography! The colours in number two are superb, it really grabbed my attention. The third one is an absolute cracker as well, I love the way some of the bins are open, some shut...brilliant.
Thank you very much for the kind comments. Much appreciated :)

Here's one more with the Samyang 12mm, not sure how many more of these I'll have from Eigg. Many pictures benefit from something to give a sense of scale, but I quite like that in this one it's really quite hard to say exactly what size anything is - it's slightly dizzying, to me at least! Is this a useful properties of wide-angle lenses? The answer, as they say, is yours to decide :D

Reach
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Thats a stunner David. Wide angle are imho not that easy to use well this for me works well looking at the bottom of the picture its really hard to get a sense of scale to the shot, then as you are led to the picture it put into a sense of scale with the mountains in the background. Add to the fact you got some lovely light.

Back