The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Great macro shot. Pity it seems as though that fly is spider food now! :D

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"It certainly is spider food, but it sure did help it to stay still for me to take the photo" :D

George.

Its heavily cropped so not the best quality but it was high up a tree

SCORPINOK1-11.jpg

I purchased an X-T2 yesterday and love it after only using it for one night (it's replaced my X100T as my travel camera).

I'm struggling to find a nice wrist strap for it though.. I picked up a peak design as a temporary measure but looking for something a little nice such as a leather or rope type.

Can anyone recommend one?

I purchased an X-T2 yesterday and love it after only using it for one night (it's replaced my X100T as my travel camera).

I'm struggling to find a nice wrist strap for it though.. I picked up a peak design as a temporary measure but looking for something a little nice such as a leather or rope type.

What lens are you using for 'travel'?

Just a heads up to say I have a post in the wanted section, looking for an X-T1

duplicate post

Last edited:
Just a simple Macro/Close Up shot of a Fly. The shot was taken in my barn and the fly was in actual fact hanging upside down on the top edge of a window but I thought it looked better to present it with the fly the right way up so to speak.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor Lens Plus Ext' Tubes, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Fly (1)-03117 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Amazing detail in that image George

Amazing detail in that image George

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & commenting.(y)

George.

As some of you know, in just over a month I will be getting the X-T2 and as of today I have made up my mind, once I have used the X-T2 + 18-55mm for a while, I am going to get rid of most of my Canon lens to get me the X-T20 plus another Fuji lens, so I will just keep one lens for the 70D :)
Don't. It don't make sense. Several of us have done just that. Bottom line is we were all scared of letting go the big DSLR gear. Then 12 months later when we realise that it has been sitting there doing nothing we sell it. At a lower price.
Get rid of the Canon. Hard to accept, but you'll find that the X-T2 will do just about everything that you want. Unless you are thinking of becoming a top line pro or wanting to print out bigger than A3 you won't miss it. Bite the bullet...says the voice of experience!

Oh - youll have to ask the mods to change your user name, or you'll look even odder!

Don't. It don't make sense. Several of us have done just that. Bottom line is we were all scared of letting go the big DSLR gear. Then 12 months later when we realise that it has been sitting there doing nothing we sell it. At a lower price.
Get rid of the Canon. Hard to accept, but you'll find that the X-T2 will do just about everything that you want. Unless you are thinking of becoming a top line pro or wanting to print out bigger than A3 you won't miss it. Bite the bullet...says the voice of experience!

Oh - youll have to ask the mods to change your user name, or you'll look even odder!

I have to admit Yes I am scared, but it will be a nice and great change for me to learn how to use the Fuji again after having the XF1 that I loved. I have been reading the Manual everyday and have watched most video reviews on this great camera, so it will be goodbye Canon, Hello Fuji :)

I don't know your background but I started out in the days of film. When I picked the X-T1 up it just felt like old times. Maybe I'm an old codger (cue insults from @Nod ) or maybe it's the ergonomics. For me, and I've heard others say the same; the fooj just feels right. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn your way round it.

Insults from me? Nah - I just point out the truth!!! I'm a young codger! :p

Frank's right. Although there are still a few things that my D750 do do better than even the X-T2 so I've kept the Nikon system alongside the Fujis. I'm extremely lucky to be able to afford to have that luxury but if I ever had to pick a single system, it wouyld be the Fujis and live with its (very few) shortcomings.

It's the 80% rule isn't it? Just about every camera/system will do 80% of what you would ideally like 80% of the time. If you can accept that then you've got a good system, but is there any system that gives more than that?

TBH, I reckon the Fuji system gives ME closer to 90%. Having 10mm-800mm available in 3 lenses is (to ME) more important than the faster apertures which are available in the f/2.8 zooms and the fast primes.

It would be lovely to have a single body with a single lens which allowed everything from fisheye up to 800mm reach in a package the size of an X-F1 BUT as Scotty probably never said, "Ye cannae break the laws o' Physics."!

It's nothing fancy, but I use one of these and find it does the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Joby-DSLR-...d=1501252279&sr=8-1&keywords=joby+wrist+strap

These are used by quite a few on here.
https://www.cordweaver.co.uk/shop
I've got three, for two cameras. Don't ask!

I don't know your background but I started out in the days of film. When I picked the X-T1 up it just felt like old times. Maybe I'm an old codger (cue insults from @Nod ) or maybe it's the ergonomics. For me, and I've heard others say the same; the fooj just feels right. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn your way round it.

Insults from me? Nah - I just point out the truth!!! I'm a young codger! :p

Frank's right. Although there are still a few things that my D750 do do better than even the X-T2 so I've kept the Nikon system alongside the Fujis. I'm extremely lucky to be able to afford to have that luxury but if I ever had to pick a single system, it wouyld be the Fujis and live with its (very few) shortcomings.

It's the 80% rule isn't it? Just about every camera/system will do 80% of what you would ideally like 80% of the time. If you can accept that then you've got a good system, but is there any system that gives more than that?

TBH, I reckon the Fuji system gives ME closer to 90%. Having 10mm-800mm available in 3 lenses is (to ME) more important than the faster apertures which are available in the f/2.8 zooms and the fast primes.

It would be lovely to have a single body with a single lens which allowed everything from fisheye up to 800mm reach in a package the size of an X-F1 BUT as Scotty probably never said, "Ye cannae break the laws o' Physics."!

Thank you very much guys, I like to try and take photos of nearly everything as my Flickr shows, but I am actually fed up lugging my Canon stuff about and that is the reason for the total change. I will have the 18-55mm lens with the X-T2, then once I get to know how to use the fuji that is when the rest of my canon gear will be traded in. I have three canon lens with original boxes and one canon L, so I am hoping that will get me the X-T20 + 35 f2 mm.

Thank you very much guys, I like to try and take photos of nearly everything as my Flickr shows, but I am actually fed up lugging my Canon stuff about and that is the reason for the total change. I will have the 18-55mm lens with the X-T2, then once I get to know how to use the fuji that is when the rest of my canon gear will be traded in. I have three canon lens with original boxes and one canon L, so I am hoping that will get me the X-T20 + 35 f2 mm.

LOL, I will match mpb trade in price if that is the road you insist on going.

I'm off for a day out with SWMBO tomorrow. I'll be taking the camera but with the 18.55 on it. For general purpose photography it's a darned good lens. No chance she will put up with me swapping primes all day long so the 'kit" lens is an almost perfect compromise. Well up in @Nod ''s 90% bracket.

LOL, I will match mpb trade in price if that is the road you insist on going.

I am going or planing on a straight swap/trade in :)

I'm off for a day out with SWMBO tomorrow. I'll be taking the camera but with the 18.55 on it. For general purpose photography it's a darned good lens. No chance she will put up with me swapping primes all day long so the 'kit" lens is an almost perfect compromise. Well up in @Nod ''s 90% bracket.

Look forward to seeing some photos, as I have not read one bad review on this lens at all.

Look forward to seeing some photos, as I have not read one bad review on this lens at all.
It's called the kit lens because it is supplied as standard with a complete set up. In reality it is a far better lens than the term "kit lens" leads you to expect. Only the pixel peepers find fault with it.....but they can find fault with anything:(

I hated Star Trek, but I know the "beam me up Scotty" thing. Is it true that was never actually said in the series?

I hated Star Trek, but I know the "beam me up Scotty" thing. Is it true that was never actually said in the series?
Dunno. I'm a non-watcher also. Prefer Corrie, but I don't think it was said in that either.

It's called the kit lens because it is supplied as standard with a complete set up. In reality it is a far better lens than the term "kit lens" leads you to expect. Only the pixel peepers find fault with it.....but they can find fault with anything:(

What I have read, it is also the Best kit lens on the market.

ing that you want. Unless you are thinking of becoming a top line pro or wanting to print out bigger than A3 you won't miss it.

Saying that, I've just had a 24x16 print delivered, which was taken with my X-T10 and it looks great, obviously this has the 16mp sensor rather than the 24mp, so with an XT2 you should be fine to go big.

Last edited:
Saying that, I've just had a 24x16 print delivered, which taken with my X-T10 and it looks great, obviously this has the 16mp sensor rather than the 24mp, so with an XT2 you should be fine to go big.
Yes. I was just being cautious. Erring on the side of caution!

I got my X-T2 yesterday and I got the 18-55 with it also. I went out last night for a walk and took a few snaps just to try it out and have to say the lens is really good, much better than I expected.

The following were taken all hand held without the IS as I forgot about that lol - ignore the composition/content etc this was purely a walkaround test of camera and lens. All out of camera using the Fuji colour profiles (apart from last which I adjusted shadows/exposure on castle).

ISO 200

xt2s1.jpg

ISO 500

xt2s2.jpg

ISO 800 - I exposed for the sky on this one as I wanted to test how much I could get out of the shadows, answer.. a lot as it was pretty much a silhouette.

xt2s3.jpg

They look pretty good to me.
As to shadows...I'm constantly impressed with how much LR recovers. I no longer worry about shadows in my shots. Highlight recovery is also pretty good too.
You need @Mr Perceptive here. He knows far more about the techy bits than anyone else. (Well it is his job!)

Should say I'm off with SWMBO as mentioned. As we will be indoors and outdoors all day I'm quite happy to set auto ISO to give a min shutter speed if 1/60 and accept what comes out. It's usually pretty good.

They look pretty good to me.
As to shadows...I'm constantly impressed with how much LR recovers. I no longer worry about shadows in my shots. Highlight recovery is also pretty good too.
You need @Mr Perceptive here. He knows far more about the techy bits than anyone else. (Well it is his job!)

I'm used to my Nikon D810 which is amazing for that sort of thing so I wasn't expecting the X-T2 to be that good but pleasantly surprised.

Anyone been using xt2 for sports? Is there such thing as a budget friendly sports telephoto?

Back