1. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Guys, heading to London tomorrow. Greenwich end. Staying in the YHA just by the Rotherhide tunnel. I have seen the Tower before, but is there anything this end worth going and having a nosey at? I will have a couple of hours at most, from about 15.00 to maybe 17.00, then I have to get ready for an evening meeting before putting my head down ready for an early start at the Bot Show the next day - then home.

It would be good to have somewhere to go and see. I have only seen London twice! Pink Floyd exhibition was the last time, but we only saw underground London, nothig of ground level until we got to the exhibition. The other time was to do the RIB trip from Westminster bridge and I was on the boat all day.

Walking distance of Rothhide plese. I don't mind walking to Tower Bridge from there - and I won't have a tripod with me, because of being on the motorbike and not having anywhere to leave it the following day than strapped across the back outside the Show in the open air parking. So one or two decent places to see would be lovely. Thanks.

2. ianmarsh

ianmarsh

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I thought it was just me - it looks fine to me too, though I'm just using a phone to view

3. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I don't see it as being particularly offensive, it's perhaps just a tad over saturated for my personal taste.

4. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
    You're not that from either St Katherine's Dock, by Tower Bridge or from Canary Wharf and Greenwich Park, so I would be heading in either of those directions should I have a couple of hours to kill with a camera in hand

5. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Very nice set of Fujigraphs Sir, with #2 being my Fav'(y)

George.

gad-westy likes this.
  6. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Quite pleased with this snap as it made "Flickr Explore".:)
    Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of an Ornate Lamp Post that I found attractive.
    I juggled about with this snap in PP to try and make a high contrast mono presentation.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
    [​IMG]Ornate Lamp Post (1) (M)-03171M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Phiggys, NickTB, dave.hallett and 3 others like this.
  7. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Especially like the first Graham personally think that the subdued colours suit this shot very well

Really like this Ash woodland is a place I always find hard.

Lovely shot George it would make a lovely print.

G.K.Jnr. likes this.
  8. Barrysprout

Barrysprout

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just said a tearful goodbye to my X-T2. Over a year old and less than 1700 shots taken with it! Couldn't stand to let it sit and depreciate more.
    Now I have to decide whether to pick up a used X-T1 or X-Pro1 to make use of my lenses now and again or just start a "Fuji lens mega sale thread":thinking:

9. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

yamahatdm900 likes this.
  10. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Graham, me too! I'm slowly starting to refine my "style" for woodland and i'm now getting a better idea of what compositions I like or what details in the landscape to look out for.

yamahatdm900 likes this.
  11. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

Well this was what I was after

[​IMG]Housestead's Cragg - take 2 (1 of 1) by Graham Norton, on Flickr

This has a bit of a puzzle after re-calbrating it a couple of times with a Colormunki device and comparing it with a friends screen it still looked the same, ended up reinstalling LR and hey presto it looks ok now.

jj_glos, Diamonddec and dave.hallett like this.
  12. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Cheers Scott its probably one of the more intact bits of Hadrian wall

Cheers Stephen

scottduffy likes this.
  13. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Oh nothing wrong with it at all now and was entirely subjective processing wise before. Love the composition btw and it probably suits the saturated colour versus my more muted look in general.

14. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yep, looks lovely now. Sorted. I appreciate some people probably thought the other version was OK, although it reminded me of the way Photomatix used to oversaturate yellows back in the day when I actually used it.

I think it's more that I've seen enough of your style to know what to expect, and instantly looked at the first version and thought it looked a bit 'off'. Maybe LR wasn't being colour managed by the profile until you reinstalled it? Something like that.

15. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks Ian when Said it looked ok I meant what I was seeing on the screen matched what I saw on another screen.

Appreciate it David my first thought when I saw it as it looked was the yellow wall :eek: that makes sense about the profile. I didn't realise I had a style so that must be a bonus :)

dave.hallett likes this.
  16. ashtennisguru

ashtennisguru

Edit My Images:
    No
    Found a pano I shot on my London wander the week before Christmas that I had completely forgotten I had taken! 7 shots handheld...

[​IMG]

Phiggys, trevorbray, NickTB and 2 others like this.
  17. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Phiggys and Iiyama like this.
  18. yamahatdm900

yamahatdm900

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's works for me, I could well be in Oxford on Weds evening this is a place I hadn't thought about photographing.

19. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    In that case I should warn you that in the darkness I failed to notice some homeless guy was camping in the graveyard! I have no problem with that, but a 2 man tent isn't very gothic and I only saw it when I came to process the shots later...:) In this shot, luckily, you can hardly see it.

20. Diamonddec

Diamonddec

Edit My Images:
    No
    I came across this video a while back that might be useful ...
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_rHhefbD_Y&t=719s

21. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Diamonddec and addicknchips like this.
  22. gad-westy

gad-westy

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Cheers. I think that is my favourite too.

23. Diamonddec

Diamonddec

Edit My Images:
    No
    Phiggys likes this.
  24. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

That’s my kinda Fujigraph Sir, good punchy mono stuff, pushes all the right buttons for me.(y)

George.

25. Krow

Krow

Name:
    Do you really want to know?
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Just came back from a two week trip to Tokyo and with an urge to pick up a XT2 and 56mm. Someone make me stop.

26. benhben

benhben

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What Tripods are you guys using for the X-T2 or similar. I'm after a lightweight tripod that's good for travelling and long walks in the hills, but is plenty sturdy. I no longer trust my Chinese import carbon tripod not to fall over with a bit of breeze.

Read reviews of loads of tripods but there doesn't seem to be a clear favourite for travel apart from a £600 gitzo.

My current one is an XCSource Q666C. There are loads of these on Amazon with different company names using the same tripod. They got good reviews when I bought it. Looking for an upgrade.

27. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Mine is a larger model, however were I to buy another I'd probably go for the Vanguard Alta Pro.

Steven Hanna uses one for example.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  28. Krow

Krow

Name:
    Do you really want to know?
    Edit My Images:
    No

Manfrotto befree one, cheap, good quality and small.

29. Sniffer

Sniffer

Edit My Images:
    No
    Sirui T-025X - Small light with a hook from which to hang ballast. Seems plenty sturdy enough.

Caveat to the above is that I'm a shortarse so don't use it at it's highest setting.

30. tijuana taxi

tijuana taxi

Name:
    Rich
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  31. Nod

Nod Kronus

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have seen it in the mono version - bet it sticks out like a sore thumb in colour!

If it's breezy, I dangle a bag off the bottom of the centre column and/or splay the legs out wider. Any light tripod will be susceptible to wind caused toppling.

dave.hallett likes this.
  32. Matt-

Matt-

Name:
    Matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have the Manfrotto Befree travel tripod (not the cheaper ‘one’ version and also not the more expensive carbon version). Paid a little over £100 for it and it’s great. Has a hook underneath to attach a bag, incase the wind is high. I also like the lock type legs, rather than the twist type (personal preference).

Yet to use my X-T20 on it but have used it with a Canon 70D with 70-200mm lens on it. I never felt risky with it either.

33. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The "Vanguard Alta Pro" was the last tripod that I purchased Sir, I wanted somethin' that was easier to take about rather than the heavy studio units that I have. It's a lovely well made bit of kit, very sturdy, and very versatile. I'd thoroughly recommend these units.(y)

George.

Ian W likes this.
  34. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Good to know, George

G.K.Jnr. likes this.
  35. ianmarsh

ianmarsh

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A pic of Daunt Books on Marylebone High Street. Done a million times and the PP I did was inspired by a shot I saw on Flickr (but now cannot find again), but I am pleased with it:

[​IMG]Daunts by Ian, on Flickr

jj_glos, Manxmaid, Phiggys and 7 others like this.
  36. Matt-

Matt-

Name:
    Matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Do some of you use a non Fuji battery for a spare? If so, could someone recommend one please?

37. GreenNinja67

GreenNinja67

Name:
    Terry
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    EX-PRO white are the ones people use I believe.

38. Ian W

Ian W

Name:
    Ian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Exactly this. Just received another via Amazon next day with free delivery

39. Matt-

Matt-

Name:
    Matt
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thank you both. Will purchase one now.

dave.hallett likes this.
  40. Manxmaid

Manxmaid

Name:
    Andrea
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    One from last week using the Fuji 100-400 I hired over Christmas/New Year using the offer from Lenses For Hire, where they only charged for three days. Although the combination of a busy Christmas, sodden weather and heavy cold limited my time to actually get out and use it, it's now definitely on my wish list! I must admit to a silly grin as I carried it about on the X-T2 and realised it was probably the same or less weight than a 70-200 on my D750.

[​IMG]
    52 Weather
    by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Phiggys, Lensflare, Greggster and 4 others like this.