The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Guys, heading to London tomorrow. Greenwich end. Staying in the YHA just by the Rotherhide tunnel. I have seen the Tower before, but is there anything this end worth going and having a nosey at? I will have a couple of hours at most, from about 15.00 to maybe 17.00, then I have to get ready for an evening meeting before putting my head down ready for an early start at the Bot Show the next day - then home.

It would be good to have somewhere to go and see. I have only seen London twice! Pink Floyd exhibition was the last time, but we only saw underground London, nothig of ground level until we got to the exhibition. The other time was to do the RIB trip from Westminster bridge and I was on the boat all day.

Walking distance of Rothhide plese. I don't mind walking to Tower Bridge from there - and I won't have a tripod with me, because of being on the motorbike and not having anywhere to leave it the following day than strapped across the back outside the Show in the open air parking. So one or two decent places to see would be lovely. Thanks.

You're not that from either St Katherine's Dock, by Tower Bridge or from Canary Wharf and Greenwich Park, so I would be heading in either of those directions should I have a couple of hours to kill with a camera in hand

Quite pleased with this snap as it made "Flickr Explore".:)
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of an Ornate Lamp Post that I found attractive.
I juggled about with this snap in PP to try and make a high contrast mono presentation.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Ornate Lamp Post (1) (M)-03171M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Headed out to the coast for sunrise this morning. Nice morning but not spectacular. Quite nice diffused light for a little while though.

DSCF0954.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

DSCF0956.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

DSCF0979.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Then got the boy to pose for me this afternoon! Managed a grand total of two shots before his patience ran out!

DSCF1045.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Especially like the first Graham personally think that the subdued colours suit this shot very well

More fun in the forest...

The Path by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Really like this Ash woodland is a place I always find hard.

Quite pleased with this snap as it made "Flickr Explore".:)
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of an Ornate Lamp Post that I found attractive.
I juggled about with this snap in PP to try and make a high contrast mono presentation.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Ornate Lamp Post (1) (M)-03171M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Lovely shot George it would make a lovely print.

Just said a tearful goodbye to my X-T2. Over a year old and less than 1700 shots taken with it! Couldn't stand to let it sit and depreciate more.
Now I have to decide whether to pick up a used X-T1 or X-Pro1 to make use of my lenses now and again or just start a "Fuji lens mega sale thread":thinking:

Mainly it's the yellow-green part of the spectrum. Some of the foreground browns are maybe a bit too red, but chiefly it's that acidic yellow-green shade where the light hits the wall in the centre that I doubt you intended. It was the same last time you did one on the laptop, so it's consistent! Difficult to suggest a remedy, not knowing your intent, but you need to look at it on another screen, I think.

Looks fine to me. I have actually looked hard to see where Dave means and I can't find anything that looks wrong.

I thought it was just me - it looks fine to me too, though I'm just using a phone to view

I don't see it as being particularly offensive, it's perhaps just a tad over saturated for my personal taste.

Well this was what I was after

Housestead's Cragg - take 2 (1 of 1) by Graham Norton, on Flickr

This has a bit of a puzzle after re-calbrating it a couple of times with a Colormunki device and comparing it with a friends screen it still looked the same, ended up reinstalling LR and hey presto it looks ok now.

This has a bit of a puzzle after re-calbrating it a couple of times with a Colormunki device and comparing it with a friends screen it still looked the same, ended up reinstalling LR and hey presto it looks ok now.
Oh nothing wrong with it at all now and was entirely subjective processing wise before. Love the composition btw and it probably suits the saturated colour versus my more muted look in general.

Last edited:

Yep, looks lovely now. Sorted. I appreciate some people probably thought the other version was OK, although it reminded me of the way Photomatix used to oversaturate yellows back in the day when I actually used it.

I think it's more that I've seen enough of your style to know what to expect, and instantly looked at the first version and thought it looked a bit 'off'. Maybe LR wasn't being colour managed by the profile until you reinstalled it? Something like that.

Oh nothing wrong with it at all and entirely subjective processing wise. Love the composition btw and it probably shots the saturated colour versus my more muted look in general.

Thanks Ian when Said it looked ok I meant what I was seeing on the screen matched what I saw on another screen.

Yep, looks lovely now. Sorted. I appreciate some people probably thought the other version was OK, although it reminded me of the way Photomatix used to oversaturate yellows back in the day when I actually used it.

I think it's more that I've seen enough of your style to know what to expect, and instantly looked at the first version and thought it looked a bit 'off'. Maybe LR wasn't being colour managed by the profile until you reinstalled it? Something like that.

Appreciate it David my first thought when I saw it as it looked was the yellow wall :eek: that makes sense about the profile. I didn't realise I had a style so that must be a bonus :)

Found a pano I shot on my London wander the week before Christmas that I had completely forgotten I had taken! 7 shots handheld...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/241820039/under-construction-by-ash-smith

That's works for me, I could well be in Oxford on Weds evening this is a place I hadn't thought about photographing.
In that case I should warn you that in the darkness I failed to notice some homeless guy was camping in the graveyard! I have no problem with that, but a 2 man tent isn't very gothic and I only saw it when I came to process the shots later...:) In this shot, luckily, you can hardly see it.

Guys, heading to London tomorrow. Greenwich end. Staying in the YHA just by the Rotherhide tunnel. I have seen the Tower before, but is there anything this end worth going and having a nosey at? I will have a couple of hours at most, from about 15.00 to maybe 17.00, then I have to get ready for an evening meeting before putting my head down ready for an early start at the Bot Show the next day - then home.

It would be good to have somewhere to go and see. I have only seen London twice! Pink Floyd exhibition was the last time, but we only saw underground London, nothig of ground level until we got to the exhibition. The other time was to do the RIB trip from Westminster bridge and I was on the boat all day.

Walking distance of Rothhide plese. I don't mind walking to Tower Bridge from there - and I won't have a tripod with me, because of being on the motorbike and not having anywhere to leave it the following day than strapped across the back outside the Show in the open air parking. So one or two decent places to see would be lovely. Thanks.

I came across this video a while back that might be useful ...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_rHhefbD_Y&t=719s

Just came back from a two week trip to Tokyo and with an urge to pick up a XT2 and 56mm. Someone make me stop.

What Tripods are you guys using for the X-T2 or similar. I'm after a lightweight tripod that's good for travelling and long walks in the hills, but is plenty sturdy. I no longer trust my Chinese import carbon tripod not to fall over with a bit of breeze.

Read reviews of loads of tripods but there doesn't seem to be a clear favourite for travel apart from a £600 gitzo.

My current one is an XCSource Q666C. There are loads of these on Amazon with different company names using the same tripod. They got good reviews when I bought it. Looking for an upgrade.

What Tripods are you guys using for the X-T2 or similar. I'm after a lightweight tripod that's good for travelling and long walks in the hills, but is plenty sturdy. I no longer trust my Chinese import carbon tripod not to fall over with a bit of breeze.

Read reviews of loads of tripods but there doesn't seem to be a clear favourite for travel apart from a £600 gitzo.

My current one is an XCSource Q666C. There are loads of these on Amazon with different company names using the same tripod. They got good reviews when I bought it. Looking for an upgrade.
Mine is a larger model, however were I to buy another I'd probably go for the Vanguard Alta Pro.

Steven Hanna uses one for example.

Last edited:

Manfrotto befree one, cheap, good quality and small.

Sirui T-025X - Small light with a hook from which to hang ballast. Seems plenty sturdy enough.

Caveat to the above is that I'm a shortarse so don't use it at it's highest setting.

In that case I should warn you that in the darkness I failed to notice some homeless guy was camping in the graveyard! I have no problem with that, but a 2 man tent isn't very gothic and I only saw it when I came to process the shots later...:) In this shot, luckily, you can hardly see it.

If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have seen it in the mono version - bet it sticks out like a sore thumb in colour!

If it's breezy, I dangle a bag off the bottom of the centre column and/or splay the legs out wider. Any light tripod will be susceptible to wind caused toppling.

I have the Manfrotto Befree travel tripod (not the cheaper ‘one’ version and also not the more expensive carbon version). Paid a little over £100 for it and it’s great. Has a hook underneath to attach a bag, incase the wind is high. I also like the lock type legs, rather than the twist type (personal preference).

Yet to use my X-T20 on it but have used it with a Canon 70D with 70-200mm lens on it. I never felt risky with it either.

Mine is a larger model, however were I to buy another I'd probably go for the Vanguard Alta Pro.

Steven Hanna uses one for example.

The "Vanguard Alta Pro" was the last tripod that I purchased Sir, I wanted somethin' that was easier to take about rather than the heavy studio units that I have. It's a lovely well made bit of kit, very sturdy, and very versatile. I'd thoroughly recommend these units.(y)

George.

The "Vanguard Alta Pro" was the last tripod that I purchased Sir, I wanted somethin' that was easier to take about rather than the heavy studio units that I have. It's a lovely well made bit of kit, very sturdy, and very versatile. I'd thoroughly recommend these units.(y)

George.

Good to know, George [emoji106]

Do some of you use a non Fuji battery for a spare? If so, could someone recommend one please?

One from last week using the Fuji 100-400 I hired over Christmas/New Year using the offer from Lenses For Hire, where they only charged for three days. Although the combination of a busy Christmas, sodden weather and heavy cold limited my time to actually get out and use it, it's now definitely on my wish list! I must admit to a silly grin as I carried it about on the X-T2 and realised it was probably the same or less weight than a 70-200 on my D750.

52 Weather
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Liking the Gin Fujigraph Sir, different slant on the usual and works very well for me with the distortion through the glasses.(y)

George.

Thanks George, appreciate the feedback.

Back