Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Jessops are now listing the X100F as in stock and same/next day store collection

Wandered into Calumet tonight to pickup a bag and mentioned the X100F and that I fancied a black one and was going to get my name on the list.
Checked the system and snagged one which was due into stock in Manchester tomorrow, get to pick it up on Monday!

Is anyone using filters with their WCL ? I bought the formatt 67mm thinking they'd be ideal for travel but they vignette when I use the wide lens...

Is the 85mm my best bet ? I only need a grad or 2 and a 3 stop ND

Is anyone using filters with their WCL ? I bought the formatt 67mm thinking they'd be ideal for travel but they vignette when I use the wide lens...

This might help Sir, with my X100s (49mm filter thread on the lens) I use normal 49mm screw on filters and mount them on the fixed camera lens before the WCL or TCL. All functions still work perfectly and of course only one size filter needed for everything. You need to screw on the filter back to front as the filter thread on the camera is on the outside ie (male thread). Obviously this won't work quite as well for a Grad filter but everything else ie NDs & Polarizing filters etc, etc all work perfectly with no vignetting.(y)

George.

Last edited:

Just dug out my lee se7en5's to check and they seem to be ok to me.

0.6 soft grad & 0.6 hard grad combined, then rotated at 90 degree intervals.

X1000158.jpg X1000159.jpg X1000160.jpg X1000161.jpg

I might well have to sell it! Just tried it on the F and it binds on the threads. Worked fine on my T. Read about a couple of others having the same issue on Fuji X Forum.
you have to line up the made in Japan at bottom of convertor and the camera has to be in normal holding position.
then when you push onto camera you feel it give a little bit and then turn and screw it on all the way on.

So I am looking for something to complement my D750, to put in my pocket and use mainly for family pics. I do weddings with the D750 so may even take whatever I get along with me for some shots there too.

The F is probably out of the price range for now, which version would people suggest (bang for buck), or would I be better off looking at a second hand XT1 etc?

Last edited:
Having a GAS twitch at the moment over my X100. This is my second X100 bought last year as I was missing having one. In January I spotted an X100T in the Fuji refurb store and couldn't resist. Bought it with the intention of using it for a bit and seeing if I thought the price justified keeping it and selling the X100. I ended up selling the X100T on. Not because I didn't like it but because I didn't really love the jpeg engine in quite the same way and it was a lot of money for something that seemed quite similar on the face of it.

Anyway, a few months on and I'm starting to question that decision. I still love the X100 but I'm starting to get tired of the speed (or lack of) of operation. Particularly the wait after each shot is taken but also the hunting AF in low light and the need to press the AF button before moving focus point. I also didn't realise how useful WYSIWYG exposure in the viewfinder was until going back to the X100 after using M4/3 for a bit.

Anyway that all brings me around to pondering whether to grab an X100T again (F looks great but I cannot see the need to spend the extra).

Before I make that decision, can I ask what cameras others considered before they bought their X100*'s?

I have thought about trying something else but nothing else seems to be ticking all the boxes. Pen F looks gorgeous and I love the IBIS and lenses on Olympus but it's crazy money for what you get and I don't want the temptation of a interchangeable lens system, I have my Nikon for that. The Sony RX1 looks great but no VF on the Mk1 and the Mk2 is £ how much?!!! Leica Q, mmm but £'s.

So unless I'm missing something, it looks like the X100 has carved out a nice little niche for itself in this sector.

Short answer for me....none. Well, not strictly true as I went via the x30 before deciding higher ISO abilities was more worthwhile than zoom.

I have an rx100 mk2 but don't use it as I don't like it so it sits in a drawer, sulking.

I thought about the pen-f then thought nah, too similar to my em1 ( I know it's not but in my peabrain it is )

I don't really have an issue with focus speed on the T, ok it's not m43 snappy but it's fine. Sometimes it hunts, sometimes m43 hunts more. I use the X100 at higher ISO than I'm happy to go with the Olympus

I cant justify the leap for the F..yet

Short answer for me....none. Well, not strictly true as I went via the x30 before deciding higher ISO abilities was more worthwhile than zoom.

I have an rx100 mk2 but don't use it as I don't like it so it sits in a drawer, sulking.

I thought about the pen-f then thought nah, too similar to my em1 ( I know it's not but in my peabrain it is )

I don't really have an issue with focus speed on the T, ok it's not m43 snappy but it's fine. Sometimes it hunts, sometimes m43 hunts more. I use the X100 at higher ISO than I'm happy to go with the Olympus

I cant justify the leap for the F..yet

Thanks Damian. Yes, certainly had no issues with AF speed on the X100T. Would happily go for one but seem to always gravitate to the X100 family and seemed sensible to consider the alternatives. Always a little surprised that Olympus have never offered an X100 rival in a slightly smaller package with a fixed lens and built in IBIS. Always thought that seems like a slightly missed opportunity as there seems to be a market.

On my shortlist before pressing the button to buy the F was an A6500, RX100M5, D750, another E-M5Mk2 or the GX8.

Really, really, REALLY couldn't be bothered to go back down the interchangeable lens rabbit hole and find the RX series too much of a slippery little sucker having owned an M3 (and a M1) - plus I don't really like the EVF on them.

I am using the OVF on the F pretty much all the time.

Last edited:
I guess the thing with bringing out an x100 rival is that it would have to be utterly stunning. Even Fuji fell on their sword with the x70, so the competition...tough call.

Would I buy an Oly "x100" ? They can make the lenses and the tech, definitely. But they've lost a shed load of money in recent years, only recently having better results so perhaps didn't / don't have the cash to diversify into risky, niche markets

Having a GAS twitch at the moment over my X100. This is my second X100 bought last year as I was missing having one. In January I spotted an X100T in the Fuji refurb store and couldn't resist. Bought it with the intention of using it for a bit and seeing if I thought the price justified keeping it and selling the X100. I ended up selling the X100T on. Not because I didn't like it but because I didn't really love the jpeg engine in quite the same way and it was a lot of money for something that seemed quite similar on the face of it.

Anyway, a few months on and I'm starting to question that decision. I still love the X100 but I'm starting to get tired of the speed (or lack of) of operation. Particularly the wait after each shot is taken but also the hunting AF in low light and the need to press the AF button before moving focus point. I also didn't realise how useful WYSIWYG exposure in the viewfinder was until going back to the X100 after using M4/3 for a bit.

Anyway that all brings me around to pondering whether to grab an X100T again (F looks great but I cannot see the need to spend the extra).

Before I make that decision, can I ask what cameras others considered before they bought their X100*'s?

I have thought about trying something else but nothing else seems to be ticking all the boxes. Pen F looks gorgeous and I love the IBIS and lenses on Olympus but it's crazy money for what you get and I don't want the temptation of a interchangeable lens system, I have my Nikon for that. The Sony RX1 looks great but no VF on the Mk1 and the Mk2 is £ how much?!!! Leica Q, mmm but £'s.

So unless I'm missing something, it looks like the X100 has carved out a nice little niche for itself in this sector.

Yes. I wanted/lusted after one when my mate bought the original. I couldn't afford it and managed with an X10 until I could. I bought a LE edition from the refurb store.
Oh, how I loved that camera...sadly let it go after being seduced by X-T1, big mistake. That's gone. I bought a Silver X100 Classic. Resisted the S and T versions (even bought a second X-T1 recently, now gone. I just don't feel the love for it)
Traded the Classic for the F. Pretty happy, like the focus joystick and big resolution.
My pictures are no better..

Watching the bay for a good LE..

The one thing I really hate about the X100 series is the Shutter Counter. I find it really restricting and I wish I could ignore it but I can't. My X100F has taken around 750 images but already the Shutter Counter is up to 1800. My old X100S was up to 25000 for just 4500 images. I know how it works and understand that there are a number of actions that contribute to the count but I just wish the X100 series was like the other Fuji X series cameras in this respect and didn't include a Shutter Counter

The one thing I really hate about the X100 series is the Shutter Counter. I find it really restricting and I wish I could ignore it but I can't. My X100F has taken around 750 images but already the Shutter Counter is up to 1800. My old X100S was up to 25000 for just 4500 images. I know how it works and understand that there are a number of actions that contribute to the count but I just wish the X100 series was like the other Fuji X series cameras in this respect and didn't include a Shutter Counter

Just don't look at it?

My Canon 5D3 when I sold it on was on 150k, you have a long way to go before catching up :p

And it's fine, they don't blow up when they reached a set number.

On my shortlist before pressing the button to buy the F was an A6500, RX100M5, D750, another E-M5Mk2 or the GX8.

Really, really, REALLY couldn't be bothered to go back down the interchangeable lens rabbit hole and find the RX series too much of a slippery little sucker having owned an M3 (and a M1) - plus I don't really like the EVF on them.

I am using the OVF on the F pretty much all the time.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. Love the ovf and evf on the x100's and admit the classic look and feel are important to me too. Anything else that ticks these boxes is either crazy money or is an interchangeable lens system.

Yes. I wanted/lusted after one when my mate bought the original. I couldn't afford it and managed with an X10 until I could. I bought a LE edition from the refurb store.
Oh, how I loved that camera...sadly let it go after being seduced by X-T1, big mistake. That's gone. I bought a Silver X100 Classic. Resisted the S and T versions (even bought a second X-T1 recently, now gone. I just don't feel the love for it)
Traded the Classic for the F. Pretty happy, like the focus joystick and big resolution.
My pictures are no better..

Watching the bay for a good LE..

Are you intending to keep the f too?

I'm not really looking for improved images. In fact I might say I generally prefer the look of images out of the original x100 but... it is really frustrating missing things when you're waiting for the camera.

Never actually heard of this before. Never looked. What's the reason for the over reading?

Are you intending to keep the f too?

I'm not really looking for improved images. In fact I might say I generally prefer the look of images out of the original x100 but... it is really frustrating missing things when you're waiting for the camera.

To be honest I'll probably keep the F. Seems a shame not to after spending so much.
A decision to be reviewed once (and if) I run them together.

you know my feelings so won't bother repeating :)

Do we? I'm really not so sure :runaway:

I know Andrew,it wasn't an easy decision but I have so much going on in my life that I'm trying to simplify things and thats why i made the decision.lovely camera though.

no way am I selling mine ever (X100F)

lol a few opinions here Peter,I think you know mine, an original what is now officially named the X100c for classic, can be a bit of a dog but oodles of class and character.lol

understood, i would have still liked to have the F but had to make decisions :)

:D:D:D

Just don't look at it?

I've tried that and it doesn't work.

I am seriously deliberating whether to sell the X100F and just keep my X Pro1 / X-T1 and the three zoom lenses. The X100F is a lovely camera but I'm not gelling with it at the moment. The plus side for me is that it's really easy to carry around whilst walking and that is a serious plus but I'm inclined to suffer the inconvenience of carrying a larger camera for a better user experience.

Never actually heard of this before. Never looked. What's the reason for the over reading?
Every time you switch it on it opens the shutter to give you the view - then it closes it - opens it and closes it when you take the shot and then opens it again. Other things operate the shutter like putting into view more and motion panorama mode creates about 30-40 shutter actuations. The X100 Classic I had did not have a Shutter Counter but the X100S count was about 6 times the image number. The X100F seems to record about 2 times

Back