Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

It's GRAS that we both suffer from "Gear Re-Acquisition Syndrome"

Actually can I join too, as 'your' WCL was the second I have bought, I used to have a Silver One for my X100, but I sold that when I got the X-E2, a couple of years back....and now I need a third one :D:D:D

But one the positive side 'your' WCL cost less than I sold the Silver One for :exit:

Last edited:
No it's the Mk1 but a small magnet out of a poundland set of headphones and a small piece of tape makes it the same as the MkII :D
You can use the wee magnet on the lid of the box the WCL comes in. Just get the polarity right!

Yep, but we all know that would devalue the lens by more than the cost of the £1 headphones :D
Bet they're only plastic magnets in Poundland 'phones :D

Actually, there's a thought. A short length of that magnetic strip wot holds fridge doors shut. Get it free from the front garden of many an estate in Kirkby ...

You must have been lying in the grass for that one:) - Great detail and a very shallow depth - there's only one blade of grass in focus

Don't do lying down!!! Just held camera close to deck and used rear screen to position focus and check level, shot at F8, but that close throws lots OOF!!!

I've processed a mono version as well which shows even more detail, I'm out today but might post it tomorrow

I've recently bought a s/hand 100S. I've been hankering after an X100 for a while and the thumbwheel stopping functioning on my much loved Panasonic LX7 gave me the excuse I needed even though the camera is perfectly useable without the thumbwheel.
So far I'm blown away with it. No real niggles and it suits my needs just fine. I may just start selling off some of my Canon DSLR gear with a view to giving it all up eventually.......might even try and change my forum name :)

Last edited:
I've recently bought a s/hand 100S. I've been hankering after an X100 for a while and the thumbwheel stopping functioning on my much loved Panasonic LX7 gave me the excuse I needed even though the camera is perfectly useable without the thumbwheel.
So far I'm blown away with it. No real niggles and it suits my needs just fine. I may just start selling off some of my Canon DSLR gear with a view to giving it all up eventually.......might even try and change my forum name :)

That's the trouble with the X100 series - despite all the quirks, they're very lovable. I'm seriously considering having my X100F as my only camera - the only thing holding me back is that I love the XF10-24 f4 lens and I need a body for that

That's the trouble with the X100 series - despite all the quirks, they're very lovable. I'm seriously considering having my X100F as my only camera - the only thing holding me back is that I love the XF10-24 f4 lens and I need a body for that
Do what I've done - X100F for touring, and X-T2 with 10-24, 18-55, and 55-200 for all other occasions. I'm so pleased with my X100F that it will be the only camera (with WCL) going with me to Hong Kong and Australia next month.

PS nohing wrong with an X-T1 for the second purpose, it just happens that I've a T2 and it would be churlish to drop to a T1! Although an X-E2 would also fit the bill ...

Do what I've done - X100F for touring, and X-T2 with 10-24, 18-55, and 55-200 for all other occasions. I'm so pleased with my X100F that it will be the only camera (with WCL) going with me to Hong Kong and Australia next month.

PS nohing wrong with an X-T1 for the second purpose, it just happens that I've a T2 and it would be churlish to drop to a T1! Although an X-E2 would also fit the bill ...

Already there!! I have the X100F for walkabout and an X-Pro 2 with the 10-24 permanently attached. My old but immaculate X-Pro1 is back-up and used with the 18-55 and 55-200. It's a very tight setup and covers almost all eventualities. I just need to keep away from the Classifieds now.

I'm so pleased with my X100F that it will be the only camera (with WCL) going with me to Hong Kong and Australia next month..

I've done several holidays with X100 cameras only (and WCL), and never has the camera disappointed, and at no time did I wish that I'd brought other bodies/lenses

Isle of Mull - X100 only
Tuscany - X100 + WCL
Rome -X100F + WCL + TCL (hardly used TCL)

I'm not parting with my X-T2 and lenses though, but the F is just fabulous.

I just need to keep away from the Classifieds now.

Good Luck!!!

I've done several holidays with X100 cameras only (and WCL), and never has the camera disappointed, and at no time did I wish that I'd brought other bodies/lenses

Isle of Mull - X100 only
Tuscany - X100 + WCL

Good Luck!!!

I did Orlando and Sth Carolina this year with just the X100T and have to say it was perfect!

So is everyone else!!! Cant believe the lack of interest in my T

Just my two-pennyworths - It might be better to wait until ebay have a £1 final value fee offer and put it on there - I have sold a couple of items that way recently and achieved a good price. With no ebay fees you just have to put up with PayPal's 4%. Personally, I think that your post dwells on the damage too much - it might work if you re-word the post and tucked it in under the £500 mark. Classifieds go stale after a while and nobody looks at them. Don't shoot me - I'm just trying to help :)

Isle of Mull - X100 only
Tuscany - X100 + WCL

Good Luck!!!
I did look at the TCL when I was buying the WCL and went as far as trying it on in the shop, but I felt it unbalanced the camera, plus with the F there’s enough pixels to do a decent crop.

However, Hong Kong and its shops beckon in a couple of weeks, so who knows? ...

Just my two-pennyworths - It might be better to wait until ebay have a £1 final value fee offer and put it on there - I have sold a couple of items that way recently and achieved a good price. With no ebay fees you just have to put up with PayPal's 4%. Personally, I think that your post dwells on the damage too much - it might work if you re-word the post and tucked it in under the £500 mark. Classifieds go stale after a while and nobody looks at them. Don't shoot me - I'm just trying to help :)

Am not a fan of ebay for high value items, got burnt many years ago (actually I benefitted but needed to reopen a new account!). I do like to be fully open about the 'damage' so would rather go over the top than someone buy and not be happy.

Back