Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Could anybody that has both X-Pro2 and X100F please let me know how they feel the viewfinders compare? Especially the EVFs.

Cheers
Lee

Could anybody that has both X-Pro2 and X100F please let me know how they feel the viewfinders compare? Especially the EVFs.

Cheers
Lee
I felt that they were almost identical except I thought the information in the OVF of the X100F could be brighter.

So is everyone else!!! Cant believe the lack of interest in my T

I sold my minty mint one for not much over £500 ( £520 maybe ? ), with zero marks / scratches etc and with extras. It's a tough market. When you're buying, they're all £600+. When you're selling, you get offered £450.

Weird

Hi David

In what way do you consider the F to be 'fabulous'? I am trying to not convince myself into buying one as I already have X-pro2 ...

Lee

I've done several holidays with X100 cameras only (and WCL), and never has the camera disappointed, and at no time did I wish that I'd brought other bodies/lenses

Isle of Mull - X100 only
Tuscany - X100 + WCL
Rome -X100F + WCL + TCL (hardly used TCL)

I'm not parting with my X-T2 and lenses though, but the F is just fabulous.

Good Luck!!!

Hi David

In what way do you consider the F to be 'fabulous'? I am trying to not convince myself into buying one as I already have X-pro2 ...

Lee

Lee it's a compulsory purchase!!!

The IQ is great, but you know that from having an X-Pro2!! It's small, lightweight and easy to carry slung over a shoulder. It's a lot more portable than X-T2/X-Pri2 plus lens. The leaf shutter is near silent, and has much better flash syncs speed options, The built in ND filter is also very useful as is the digital two stage zoom for those odd I don't want to miss photos.

Obviously most of the rest of the benefits you already have on the X-Prio2.

If you love the 23mm focal length (35mmFF) then it is hard to resist

(And ignore all those people who say get the XF27mm for you X-Pro2, it will not make it an X100!!!!!)

The IQ is great, but you know that from having an X-Pro2!! It's small, lightweight and easy to carry slung over a shoulder. It's a lot more portable than X-T2/X-Pri2 plus lens. The leaf shutter is near silent, and has much better flash syncs speed options, The built in ND filter is also very useful as is the digital two stage zoom for those odd I don't want to miss photos.

(And ignore all those people who say get the XF27mm for you X-Pro2, it will not make it an X100!!!!!)
lol no but a 23 will :)

lol no but a 23 will :)
But it will give your pocket an embarrassing bulge. :jawdrop:

This!!! But of course you get weather sealing in case of accidents......

@SsSsSsSsSnake just walked in through the door having been away for a few days on business, to find that a friend of my wife's has just donated me her fathers camera equipment including a virtually unused D3100, plus assorted lenses!!! Looks like I can join your thread properly now, unless I decide to use it as a doorstop!! :D
:p:D

This!!! But of course you get weather sealing in case of accidents......

@SsSsSsSsSnake just walked in through the door having been away for a few days on business, to find that a friend of my wife's has just donated me her fathers camera equipment including a virtually unused D3100, plus assorted lenses!!! Looks like I can join your thread properly now, unless I decide to use it as a doorstop!! :D
:p:D
:LOL::LOL:
you'd be very welcome

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I can safely park my current burst of 'F' lust. I already have both 23mm lenses for the X-Pro *and* an original X100. It's just that when I use the X100 (as I did for a bit on a recent holiday) I love the simplicity. Of course in the original X100 I can actually *see* the histogram, DOF scale, frame lines etc very clearly. Using it occasionally helps me re-appreciate that original X100 feeling and non-X trans IQ too.

Lee

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I can safely park my current burst of 'F' lust. I already have both 23mm lenses for the X-Pro *and* an original X100. It's just that when I use the X100 (as I did for a bit on a recent holiday) I love the simplicity. Of course in the original X100 I can actually *see* the histogram, DOF scale, frame lines etc very clearly. Using it occasionally helps me re-appreciate that original X100 feeling and non-X trans IQ too.

Lee

I still have my original X100 as well, there is something special about that 12MP Bauer Sensor, but using it, is a bit like driving a classic car, it's slow, unresponsive, a bit bumpy, but you enjoy the ride!!!!

Have any of you guys modified the original WCL-X100 wide angle converter with magnets so that it will work with the X100F without having to set it up in the menu? If so what magnets did you use? I have seen examples of (a) 2mm x 1mm round magnets fitted to the interior angled face and (b) larger magnet ~6mm diameter fitted to the flat horizontal face near the lens element. In the latter case, the magnet used was taken from the magnetic catch of the WCL box!! Obviously the X100F lens moves in and out so will there be enough clearance?

Anyway, what worked for you?
Cheers

Have any of you guys modified the original WCL-X100 wide angle converter with magnets so that it will work with the X100F without having to set it up in the menu? If so what magnets did you use? I have seen examples of (a) 2mm x 1mm round magnets fitted to the interior angled face and (b) larger magnet ~6mm diameter fitted to the flat horizontal face near the lens element. In the latter case, the magnet used was taken from the magnetic catch of the WCL box!! Obviously the X100F lens moves in and out so will there be enough clearance?

Anyway, what worked for you?
Cheers

Both my WCL and TCL are modded with magnets as supplied by @Barrysprout when I purchased the converters off him. They are about 3mm x 1mm magnets at the moment held on with tape, but I'm going to glue them. Mine are on the angled face. Incidentally both magnets are in the same position but the polarity is reversed. Seem to work fine.

Both my WCL and TCL are modded with magnets as supplied by @Barrysprout when I purchased the converters off him. They are about 3mm x 1mm magnets at the moment held on with tape, but I'm going to glue them. Mine are on the angled face. Incidentally both magnets are in the same position but the polarity is reversed. Seem to work fine.

Yes, the polarity determines whether WCL or TCL is activated. The magnets apparently align with the Jin in the word Fujinon on the lens front. I was just wondering if when fitting the magnets, you had to ensure a certain clearance to accommodate the lens movement.

I just need to keep away from the Classifieds now.

Easier said than done :-(

If you click on the - beside the classified forum, it'll collapse so you can't see the headlines. Saved me hundreds, if not thousands in GAS medication! Just beware of boredom and "just having a peek to see what's up for sale"...

Since I'd just used X-T2 + 90mm, it was fine, the TCL doesn't weight much (a bit more than the WCL), but its nothing really!!!
I felt it made the camera a little unbalanced, but that was just a trial fitting in the shop. I may just have to take a look at it in HK on Tuesday.

I felt it made the camera a little unbalanced, but that was just a trial fitting in the shop. I may just have to take a look at it in HK on Tuesday.

Its not really a focal length I gel with, I sold my XF35mmF1.4 as it was underused, but when @Barrysprout sold the pair, I bought both. I like the fact, that I can get 3 focal lengths with it with the F, even if two are just JPGs but they are still pretty good. The one below was taken just after the previous image and just has a slight clarity tweak in LR - more than good enough for a 'snap'

FARrPo9h.jpg

Its not really a focal length I gel with, I sold my XF35mmF1.4 as it was underused, but when @Barrysprout sold the pair, I bought both. I like the fact, that I can get 3 focal lengths with it with the F, even if two are just JPGs but they are still pretty good. The one below was taken just after the previous image and just has a slight clarity tweak in LR - more than good enough for a 'snap'

FARrPo9h.jpg
Nowt wrong with them optically, but like you I find it an “in between “ length. I would appreciate it more if it were a bit longer, but that probably really would upset the balance.

Lee

Once I saw there was a silver X100F on the refurbished web site, I caved in! I opened the box yesterday evening - too dark now in the evenings to try it but the camera is in perfect condition. First impressions are it's a little more solid and larger than the original but that adds to its premium feel.

Will hopefully get to play properly this weekend.

Lee

P.S. last time I looked there was still a black one available.

Lee

Once I saw there was a silver X100F on the refurbished web site, I caved in! I opened the box yesterday evening - too dark now in the evenings to try it but the camera is in perfect condition. First impressions are it's a little more solid and larger than the original but that adds to its premium feel.

Will hopefully get to play properly this weekend.

Lee

P.S. last time I looked there was still a black one available.

Well .... I did try the F out on Saturday, briefly. It does feel very refined, very nice tactile feeling on the buttons etc but I couldn't help feeling that it is basically 'just' a miniature X-Pro2, which is exactly what it is, of course. So would using the F cause my XP2 + expensive lenses to languish? I used my original X100 on Sunday and was more than happy with that for the X100 feeling. So the F has gone back to Fuji refurbished! One thing I really wish the XP2 (and the F for that matter) had was the ability to move the histogram elsewhere in the OVF and make it bigger. Why can't they put it bottom right corner when the mini EVF view is off? Another irritant on the F was that in manual mode the AFL button isn't easy to get to when shooting left-eyed, though maybe it's possible to configure another button for it.

Anyway, so there. Now it's time to stay away from the refurbished shop, ebay etc.

Lee

So would using the F cause my XP2 + expensive lenses to languish? I used my original X100 on Sunday and was more than happy with that for the X100 feeling.

Unfortunately, I'm in a similar position - my XP2 and expensive lenses ARE languishing and I've come to the realization that I just hate lugging about big heavy cameras and lenses. So, I am thinking the unthinkable - do I sell up and just make do with the X100F as my only camera - there's a lot to be said for it.

Unfortunately, I'm in a similar position - my XP2 and expensive lenses ARE languishing and I've come to the realization that I just hate lugging about big heavy cameras and lenses. So, I am thinking the unthinkable - do I sell up and just make do with the X100F as my only camera - there's a lot to be said for it.

You could just enjoy them both ...

I once thought the same with my XP1 as an 'excuse' to buy the X100T and both conversion lenses. But I couldn't bear to part with the XP1 and the wonderful 35mm f1.4, nor my 14mm, 60mm etc.
Sure I used the X100T for quite a while though. I suppose at that time it was a newer X-trans than in the XP1 so offered something a bit different. I sold the X100T a few months after I had the awesome XP2 on the basis that the X100T would get little use, though in reality at the back of my mind this was pre-cursor to getting the X100F at some point!!

How soon would you regret selling the XP2 and lenses? To buy back into it would cost considerably more these days, so unless you need the funds for something else, hang tight?

Clearly I am able to change my mind on a weekly basis though ...

Lee

That’s more or less what I did; sold the Pro2. But kept the T2 plus a couple of lenses. Having said that, just been to Hong Kong and now in Australia with just the F and not missing the T2 at all.

Back