Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

Unfortunately, I'm in a similar position - my XP2 and expensive lenses ARE languishing and I've come to the realization that I just hate lugging about big heavy cameras and lenses. So, I am thinking the unthinkable - do I sell up and just make do with the X100F as my only camera - there's a lot to be said for it.

Doing something similar. X-T2 for sale.
X100F is just so versatile.

I’ll get a DSLR for occasional wildlife and long lens stuff,

Had a lovely walk around the village of Tyneham in Dorset yesterday - the army requisitioned it in the winter of 1943 and kicked out the inhabitants as they wanted to practice for house to house fighting in preparation for the D Day landings. The villagers were promised that they could return afterwards but that never happened. Hence the village is ruined and deserted but the surrounding countryside is unspoilt. The army leave it open to all on some weekends and usually during the summer holidays - the walking is just spectacular.

Tyneham by Andrew R, on Flickr

Both taken with the X100F and WCL

Last edited:
Had a lovely walk around the village of Tyneham in Dorset yesterday - the army requisitioned it in the winter of 1943 and kicked out the inhabitants as they wanted to practice for house to house fighting in preparation for the D Day landings. The villagers were promised that they could return afterwards but that never happened. Hence the village is ruined and deserted but the surrounding countryside is unspoilt. The army leave it open to all on some weekends and usually during the summer holidays - the walking is just spectacular.

Tyneham2 by Andrew R, on Flickr

Both great pictures

I can’t see the second one for some reason but the first is lovely, deserves to be printed [emoji106]

Excellent shots with great colours and detail.

Excellent shots with great colours and detail.
I can’t see the second one for some reason but the first is lovely, deserves to be printed [emoji106]
Both great pictures

Thanks guys. I have now sold all my Fuji ILC cameras and lenses (except the 55-200 which is waiting to go) so I am totally X100 based. This last weekend has shown me that my priorities are for an easily portable 'Jack of all trades' camera that can produce exceptional image quality. There is no such thing as a perfect camera but the X100F is good enough for my capabilities. I feel somewhat liberated - I wonder how long that will last:)

Thanks guys. I have now sold all my Fuji ILC cameras and lenses (except the 55-200 which is waiting to go) so I am totally X100 based. This last weekend has shown me that my priorities are for an easily portable 'Jack of all trades' camera that can produce exceptional image quality. There is no such thing as a perfect camera but the X100F is good enough for my capabilities. I feel somewhat liberated - I wonder how long that will last:)

Yep. I’ve had my X-T2 and lenses in the Classifieds and changed my mind because of 10-24.
Really admire your decision.
I could still change my mind again.

I’ve got the T and love it. Not sure it’s a substitute for the 10-24 or the 50-140 though. They offer something very different.

I'm sure they're lovely but I'd baulk at carrying them around all day - together with a large camera body. It's a good job we're all different :)

a couple taken with the Fuji x100f today on the ashridge estate

DeNnoXX.jpg

w1ZCCgs.jpg

Hello! So....

I’m thinking about changing from my Nikon d750 to a Fuji x100f and wanted to know if anyone recommended this? I’ve just started getting right into street photography so my d750 with the 24-70mm lens is just way to big and heavy..

If I sell I’ll probably have about £2000

Are there any lenses in particular that would be best for street photography and really another one just for all round for like holidays etc?

Thanks

Hello! So....

I’m thinking about changing from my Nikon d750 to a Fuji x100f and wanted to know if anyone recommended this? I’ve just started getting right into street photography so my d750 with the 24-70mm lens is just way to big and heavy..

If I sell I’ll probably have about £2000

Are there any lenses in particular that would be best for street photography and really another one just for all round for like holidays etc?

Thanks

The X100F (or any X100 series camera) is good for street, as its discreet (especially in stealth black) or looks retro - its just an old film camera in silver. The focal length (FF 35mm) is good for street. The leaf shutter is very quiet, and if all the sounds are turned off, then it really is very very quiet (no barn door shutters here).

There are only two lens other lens options, WCL - approx 19mm (28mm FF) and TCL 35mm (50mm FF). For 2K you can have the lot, X100F + WCL + TCL and have change. Most people seem to find the WCL more useful, especially as its very compact. The TCL is less compact, and makes the camera a little front heavy. I have done whole holidays with just am X100 and zoomed with my feet, where I've not been able to move, I've looked for 'different shots' so the camera forces you to think, but whether you can live with a fixed focal length lens, only you can tell (Fix your 24-70 to 35mm, put a big rubber band around it so it can't move, and spend a week shooting with it at 35mm, you'll soon tell!!)

There will be limitations in IQ against a D750, especially with regard to High ISO and Dynamic Range, but the X100F is really good for a crop sensor.

DeNnoXX.jpg

w1ZCCgs.jpg

I've just seen these on my large computer monitor - lovely. I particularly like the bent tree in the second shot but all three have a great atmosphere and colour. Are you using the Velvia film simulation?

The X100F (or any X100 series camera) is good for street, as its discreet (especially in stealth black) or looks retro - its just an old film camera in silver. The focal length (FF 35mm) is good for street. The leaf shutter is very quiet, and if all the sounds are turned off, then it really is very very quiet (no barn door shutters here).

There are only two lens other lens options, WCL - approx 19mm (28mm FF) and TCL 35mm (50mm FF). For 2K you can have the lot, X100F + WCL + TCL and have change. Most people seem to find the WCL more useful, especially as its very compact. The TCL is less compact, and makes the camera a little front heavy. I have done whole holidays with just am X100 and zoomed with my feet, where I've not been able to move, I've looked for 'different shots' so the camera forces you to think, but whether you can live with a fixed focal length lens, only you can tell (Fix your 24-70 to 35mm, put a big rubber band around it so it can't move, and spend a week shooting with it at 35mm, you'll soon tell!!)

There will be limitations in IQ against a D750, especially with regard to High ISO and Dynamic Range, but the X100F is really good for a crop sensor.

Okay lovely thank you for all the information!

DeNnoXX.jpg

w1ZCCgs.jpg

Two "Excellent" autumn presentations Sir, well composed with stunning colours.(y)

George.

Last one of my trip to the Ashridge Estate today.

O6YpOUu.jpg

Another "Excellent" autumn shot Sir, well composed, good exposure, and absolutely lovely colours.(y)

George.

I've just seen these on my large computer monitor - lovely. I particularly like the bent tree in the second shot but all three have a great atmosphere and colour. Are you using the Velvia film simulation?

Hi Andrew glad you like the pictures,i havent used the the velvia simulation in these pictures but tried to make them as true to life as i could.

Okay so making the move, getting a X100F as soon as the D750 is sold.... will be looking to get a different lens, two spare batteries and thumb grip are there any in particular of these that’s reccomended

Okay so making the move, getting a X100F as soon as the D750 is sold.... will be looking to get a different lens, two spare batteries and thumb grip are there any in particular of these that’s reccomended

The problem with Thumb Grips is that they invariably cover the rear dial and/or a button, I believe Lensmate do one that hinges to allow access.

Expro - white batteries are the favourite 3rd party choice for batteries https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-1260mAh-Replacement-Fujifilm-NP-W126/dp/B00EXP4Z9U

I'd stick with the standard fixed lens to start with, its more flexible than you might imagine, just get used to zooming with your feet!

The problem with Thumb Grips is that they invariably cover the rear dial and/or a button, I believe Lensmate do one that hinges to allow access.

Expro - white batteries are the favourite 3rd party choice for batteries https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ex-Pro-1260mAh-Replacement-Fujifilm-NP-W126/dp/B00EXP4Z9U

I'd stick with the standard fixed lens to start with, its more flexible than you might imagine, just get used to zooming with your feet!

Okay thanks, so what is the 23mm on it equivalent to on full frame? 35mm

I am contemplating getting a 23 f2 for the X-T20 or exploring the option of a X100T or X100F. I've used the 16-50 and 27mm on the X-T20 and enjoy having the fixed lens as it makes you think more about the composition of the shot.

Due to time nowadays I only really take images of the family or the kids activities when going out or meeting up with friends and family. A phone camera sometimes doesn't cut it hence like to use my camera whilst others in the group get grainy blurry mess.

How is the X100T at capturing family moments? Is the auto focus quick enough to nail the shot first time? Is it worth spending a lot more on the 'F' for my limited use?

The 23 f2 would make the X-T20 a tad bulkier hence started looking at the X100 series but haven't ruled it out just yet.

I am contemplating getting a 23 f2 for the X-T20 or exploring the option of a X100T or X100F. I've used the 16-50 and 27mm on the X-T20 and enjoy having the fixed lens as it makes you think more about the composition of the shot.

Due to time nowadays I only really take images of the family or the kids activities when going out or meeting up with friends and family. A phone camera sometimes doesn't cut it hence like to use my camera whilst others in the group get grainy blurry mess.

How is the X100T at capturing family moments? Is the auto focus quick enough to nail the shot first time? Is it worth spending a lot more on the 'F' for my limited use?

The 23 f2 would make the X-T20 a tad bulkier hence started looking at the X100 series but haven't ruled it out just yet.

The f seems to be pretty good but but shot too much yet. My T (classifieds nudge nudge) was fine for kids and nailing the shot. Sure, it didn’t quite match the D750 but didn’t miss much. Took it to Disney and was my only camera. Got lots of great shots even on some of the rides at speed.

I’m finding the Lensmate thumb grip (the hinged one) invaluable and it works surprisingly well, though a bit expensive. Incidentally, I’m in Australia for a month just now with only the X100F and WCL. It’s amazing what you can do with this camera alone!

Doing something similar. X-T2 for sale.
X100F is just so versatile.

I’ll get a DSLR for occasional wildlife and long lens stuff,
This has crossed my mind too. My concern is the viewfinder on the left and me being left eye dominant.

This has crossed my mind too. My concern is the viewfinder on the left and me being left eye dominant.

I’m a left eye shooter too. Never been a problem for me.

Back