Fuji x100/S/T/F Owners Thread

we seem to be in an increasingly large society. I'm still thinking about selling my T :thinking:

Not sure, Alan - it doesn't have to go but if I get a reasonable offer then it will. I might upgrade my e-m1, depending on my experience with the mk2 is 2 weeks time

If not, I'll put the pennies in the bank as I'm still renovating the house.. :sleep:

Just for fun I recently shot a roll of Acros in my Nikon F2 with a yellow filter, shot the same picture with my F at the same time. X100 with Acros Y film simulation.

X100F
100F2221 by Trevor, on Flickr

Nikon F2
F2 Acros with Yellow filter by Trevor, on Flickr

Not trying to prove anything, good fun though.

Just for fun I recently shot a roll of Acros in my Nikon F2 with a yellow filter, shot the same picture with my F at the same time. X100 with Acros Y film simulation.

X100F
100F2221 by Trevor, on Flickr

Nikon F2
F2 Acros with Yellow filter by Trevor, on Flickr

Not trying to prove anything, good fun though.

I'm wondering if the F photo would have benefited from a slightly higher shutter speed? "Neptune" looks blurry but I don't think it's out of focus....camera shake maybe?

Well ( pending payment ), I'm bowing out.

I really enjoyed the Fuji to start with, it was ( and is ) a breath of fresh air but slowly, for what I generally take shorts of, I came to realisation that I was carrying 2 cameras round for "what if / that would be more convenient with" moments so it was time for my sensible cap to be donned.

Well ( pending payment ), I'm bowing out.

I really enjoyed the Fuji to start with, it was ( and is ) a breath of fresh air but slowly, for what I generally take shorts of, I came to realisation that I was carrying 2 cameras round for "what if / that would be more convenient with" moments so it was time for my sensible cap to be donned.

Hope you new gear choices work out for you, but you know at some point you'll be back with a Fuji, its only a matter of time........

maybe - i'm trying the em1 mk2 next weekend so i'll see if its a worthwhile upgrade for motorsport and BMX but i fear ( from what i've read ) that its not. So this might mean that i keep my mk1 and the 12-40, sell 2 lenses and buy a D500 + a lens or 2

maybe - i'm trying the em1 mk2 next weekend so i'll see if its a worthwhile upgrade for motorsport and BMX but i fear ( from what i've read ) that its not. So this might mean that i keep my mk1 and the 12-40, sell 2 lenses and buy a D500 + a lens or 2

Having had an EM1 Mk2 for 2 weeks (courtesy of Olympus), I'm not sure its the best choice for your intended application. Yes it's fast, but the images get noisy quickly (higher ISO) and it carries a stonking price tag. I was hoever very impressed with the 12-40 Pro lens, very sharp, nice size, very flare resistant and could focus a few cms away. I've a sneaking feeling the D500 may be more suited

Been working a lot of overtime lately, but found keeping the X100 in the glovebox paid off on this beautiful morning earlier this week, saw the sun beginning to burn through the mist so pulled over and took some shots :)

36967198825_b923bf8f11_b.jpg

36570537280_d144c53d98_b.jpg

Adam

Love these Adam. Great atmosphere.

I went out to scout a long exposure shot of the Wellington Arch at Hyde Park Corner last night. It should make a decent pic with the right cloud cover and a bit of wind. Not even a breeze last night and three minute exposures weren't going any cloud smear, but I was happy with this four shot pano. Just a shame that some people were so static that they didn't fully disappear even with a 30 second exposure. The sunlight only caught the Arch and clouds for a minute or so, limiting how long I could wait for them to shift.
Wellington by Ian, on Flickr

Well, I'll be (re)joining you lot soon. After a lot of thought, statistics, pondering and heart-searching I've decided to rationalise my Fuji kit. So out go the beloved X-Pro2, the 18, 23, and 35. Staying are the X-T2, 10-24, 18-55, 55-200 and 50mm f2 (plus sundry legacy lenses), and, drum roll, in comes a silver X100F. With what I shoot it makes sense to me and stops me having to make choices. Should have it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Well, I'll be (re)joining you lot soon. After a lot of thought, statistics, pondering and heart-searching I've decided to rationalise my Fuji kit. So out go the beloved X-Pro2, the 18, 23, and 35. Staying are the X-T2, 10-24, 18-55, 55-200 and 50mm f2 (plus sundry legacy lenses, and, drum roll, in comes a silver X100F. With what I shoot it makes sense to me and stops me having to make choices. Should have it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Good choice, the F is simply a fantastic camera, and a great lightweight choice.

Well, I'll be (re)joining you lot soon. After a lot of thought, statistics, pondering and heart-searching I've decided to rationalise my Fuji kit. So out go the beloved X-Pro2, the 18, 23, and 35. Staying are the X-T2, 10-24, 18-55, 55-200 and 50mm f2 (plus sundry legacy lenses), and, drum roll, in comes a silver X100F. With what I shoot it makes sense to me and stops me having to make choices. Should have it tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Just got an X100F from Fuji Refurb and had to send it straight back - 1600 shutter count and scratches on the case - my OCD wouldn't let me put up with that

Just got an X100F from Fuji Refurb and had to send it straight back - 1600 shutter count and scratches on the case - my OCD wouldn't let me put up with that
Mine has just arrived from Cameraworld, second-hand. It, and all the packaging, are like new. Not a mark on it, not even on the battery's terminals. The silver seal on the bag looked like it had not been disturbed. Shutter count showing as 001, so it must have been reset. Same price as a Fuji refurb.

Mine has just arrived from Cameraworld, second-hand. It, and all the packaging, are like new. Not a mark on it, not even on the battery's terminals. The silver seal on the bag looked like it had not been disturbed. Shutter count showing as 001, so it must have been reset. Same price as a Fuji refurb.

I might try again later when hopefully there'll be a better selection. But this was my first negative experience with Fuji Refurb. Everything else from them has been like new

I might try again later when hopefully there'll be a better selection. But this was my first negative experience with Fuji Refurb. Everything else from them has been like new
Cameraworld has another in identical condition still in stock ...

Back