Fuji x100

Thanks for that detailed info, appreciated. So how do you know which X100 serial model to aim for that doesn't have the sticky blades would you know please ?

Anything 2-1 series number Pete and yes the later x100 s and t have improved performance but only the x100 original will give you a different look to what you already have or have tried

You got the answer there, all cameras with S/N starting 21... should be fine. Mine is 14L... for example and it experienced the problem after a few 1000 shots, Fuji fixed it for free even after warranty, though I don't know if they still do it. Older models are also fine if you get one that was fixed already, but I personally woulnd't buy an unfixed one without checking with Fuji first if they still fix it for free. The error was caused by a construction fault and it is likely to happen to all old models at some point, Fuji changed the construction from S/N 21... on and used it in the fix as well as in the newer X100s/t.

One last picture from my side for the moment, otherwise I have to dig deeper into my archive, which I am happy to do if you like :)

DSCF6404
by madSec, on Flickr

Cool. Let me look up some prices. It seems I blinged out this camera so there are a tonne of accessories which I would also want to shift if the camera goes. I'm out on a job this afternoon so it will be a bit later this weekend
Cheers fella.

Just noticed the X100T is down as discontinued on DigitalRev.... Seems a bit premature given the "F" won't be announced for another few months at the earliest!

Is DigitalRev usually right about discontinued products? But it wouldn't surprise me, also the X30 became unavailable from one day to another, and the X-T10 is out of stock on Amazon for a while now. Maybe Fuji changes quicker than expected to the new sensor generation?

Is DigitalRev usually right about discontinued products? But it wouldn't surprise me, also the X30 became unavailable from one day to another, and the X-T10 is out of stock on Amazon for a while now. Maybe Fuji changes quicker than expected to the new sensor generation?
I was going to pick another up but I think I'll wait for the "f".

Well I was after an x100t or s but bought an original x100, just waiting for the postman.:fuji:

I'm seriously intrigued - what made you go for the original X100. I had one and sold it and am hankering after another BUT cannot make up my mind (a) whether I really need another Fuji camera (I have an XPro1 and an XT-1) or (b) whether I should go for an X!00S or X100T. This kind of indecision drives me round the bend :-(

I'm seriously intrigued - what made you go for the original X100. I had one and sold it and am hankering after another BUT cannot make up my mind (a) whether I really need another Fuji camera (I have an XPro1 and an XT-1) or (b) whether I should go for an X!00S or X100T. This kind of indecision drives me round the bend :-(

It was just looking through images I had and I liked the original x100 ones more than the x100s. You already have x-trans 1&2 so makes sense to get the original x100 for the bayer sensor ;). I particularly like it at higher iso's.

Last edited:
It was just looking through images I had and I liked the original x100 ones more than the x100s. You already have x-trans 1&2 so makes sense to get the original x100 for the bayer sensor ;)
Good point - you may have sold it to me :)

Haha I do know someone who has 1 as well I was going to buy it just for my tcl-x100 lens but the mrs would kill me lol.

Many thanks - please keep me posted
It comes boxed with 2 hoods a pentax style 1 and the normal hood both with filter rings, 5 batteries, lens cap, strap, 2 chargers 1 fuji 1 3rd party, he is bringing over tonight if you want any pictures and if your interested I will get in put up in the classifieds.

It comes boxed with 2 hoods a pentax style 1 and the normal hood both with filter rings, 5 batteries, lens cap, strap, 2 chargers 1 fuji 1 3rd party, he is bringing over tonight if you want any pictures and if your interested I will get in put up in the classifieds.
Yes please get photos posted - do you know the serial number and can you confirm if it is silver or black body

Well, I've just bought Calvin's X100s and so I'm back in the fold. Earlier this year, I sold my original 2012 X100 and have since much regretted it :-( I've been looking for a good'un to replace it - hopefully I have found it now. I do have an XT-1 and XPro-1 (which I love) and have restricted my interchangeable lenses to just the 10-24, the 18-55 and the 55-200 so the 'new' X100s will be a great addition.

Cheers

I've always loved my x100 but since getting my iPhone 7+ I've not even thought to take it with me anywhere (it was my lightweight take anywhere when not taking my Nikon DSLR) the phone not as good as x100 but certainly takes a good pic and it's always in my pocket, anyone else finding their phones catching up?

I have a Nexus 6P yep the "camera"
it is ok but it's still a phone. I am buying an X70 as I can't stand not using a camera. The phone will be useful for linking the camera to the internet.
A phone will never beat a real lens especially a Fuji one?

My X100T seems to be very hungry when it comes to batteries. A couple I have are third party one's but even the original won't last anywhere bear a full day Is this common and does cutting the power off time down make any difference. I have this set at 5 minutes as I like having the camera ready to shoot.

My X100T seems to be very hungry when it comes to batteries. A couple I have are third party one's but even the original won't last anywhere bear a full day Is this common and does cutting the power off time down make any difference. I have this set at 5 minutes as I like having the camera ready to shoot.

I only have the original X100 Dave. But I'd say yours is performing as expected. Don't take too much notice of the battery indicator. It'll go from half full to empty in a few frames. But you probably remember that from your first one.

Just been out walking the dog - it was very foggy and even at 11.00 the sun was struggling to get through and everything was dripping - not really photography weather

Titchfield%20Church%20in%20Fog%201024px_zpstlbnjy81.jpg

I just grabbed my X100s as it was the most easily portable of my X series cameras - this is a cropped JPEG

Last edited:
Back