Fujifilm X-H1

I like the brolly shots. I prefer the first one since there's more of a personal connection between them despite them both having their eyes shut. I rather suspect that he's made a rude suggestion to her! The brolly and their dark clothing creates a sort of keyhole framing to the shot. To me, the more posed second shot looks almost as though they've been told to gaze adoringly into each others eyes rather than the more natural almost giggling first one.

i agree and prefer the first one.

he does have quite an issue with both of his eyes that is very apparent when looking at the camera. they advised that neither of them are happy having photos taken of them but considering the conditions etc i think they both did a good job on the day. hopefully they will be pleased with the set we have for them.

I would be very happy to have either on my wall (if I was one of the subjects! I'm not THAT weird!!!)

sure its better - but more expensive, bigger than id like and i already have some canon glass.
its an idea thats in the back of my mind but not seriously..

Now all my Canon digital stuff has gone, if I went back into the DSLR pool, it would an 850D, but I'd need to invest in glass too, so I would be looking at £10k to get it sorted, and that ain't going to happen....

sure its better - but more expensive, bigger than id like and i already have some canon glass.
its an idea thats in the back of my mind but not seriously..
Sell the lot and get a Sony A7R III :D that's another idea ;)

Just a reminder to those who jumped first - now is the time to start claiming your £100 back from Fuji (if you have not lost the form!)

I just noticed theres one up for sale (on a certain forum that many here frequent) already :eek:

can't be right can it?

Bought this a few weeks ago (obviously!), but it is just too advanced for me (and too large). The body was from Manchester London Camera Exchange, the lens from Amazon (I can send you pictures of the receipts).

It is in perfect condition; never used outside the home, screen protector on the body and filter on the lens.

I won't split them as I have no use for one without the other, and I would prefer to meet in person.

£1900

Naaa its APS-C ;)

Two things keep me with FF...

1. Although I try not to I just can't stop myself looking closely and liking the goodness :D
2. I can use cheap old film era lenses at their intended field of view :D

If I wasn't interested in 2 and could stop myself doing 1 I'd probably be happy with APS-C or in my case MFT.

For example I used my MFT Panny GX80 recently in low light at ISO 6,400 to 10,000 and after only minimal effort in CS5 and Nik Filters the whole pictures are fine, maybe not 2m wide print on a gallery wall fine but fine for my use and everyone who's seen the pictures is happy with them but they would be as they're not obsessive pixel peepers, like me.

I think that for many people who are honest in their estimation of what they really need anything from a 1" and up is very possibly going to be good enough image quality wise and the rest is down to spec and availability of options, speed of operation, handling and the aesthetics of the kit and the look of the final picture. But then there's what we want.

Another example, for reasons I needn't go into I ended up processing my own wedding pictures and creating my own album on Jessops site. The pictures were from the photographers 5DII, a couple from my FF Sony A7, a couple from my MFT Panny GX7 and a couple of smartphone pictures from family members. The printed album looks fine and none of the pictures jump out as being technically bad.

Personally I think for most people format wars are very probably over and it's only at the extremes of ISO and picture size or when cropping or viewing very closely that differences emerge for obsessive forum types like us :D I suppose if we throw DoF into the equation some would argue that only FF will do but even here I think that APS-C and even MFT are probably adequate.

Sorry for the long winded intrusion.

Carry on...

Last edited:
I’d imagine no later than end of May
and you'd be correct by the look of it!

X-H1 Firmware Ver.1.10 -due May, 2018

Addition of “Focus Bracketing”
The update will enable the photographer to shoot focus distance bracketing up to 999 frames. When the photographer begins shooting, the focal location is shifted with each activation of the shutter by the step of focus shift set from 1 to 10.

Compatible with the newly developed cinema lens FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON MKX18-55mmT2.9 lens and FUJINON MKX50-135mmT2.9 lens

1: Aperture information can be displayed on the monitor. The upgrade allows users to select T-stop or F-stop.
2: The upgrade allows users to check the focus distance with the distance indicator shown on the monitor.
3: Automatically corrects the distortion and the color/brightness shading.
4: Camera automatically calculate the White Balance based on the lens position and deliver the color expressions with Film Simulation modes.

Enhanced Phase Detection AF during movie recording.
Enabled phase detection AF at smallest area size when in single point AF, making phase detection AF active all 6 area sizes both in AF-S/AF-C mode.

Expanded Phase Detection AF Area options during still shooting
Phase detection AF is now available in the smallest size single AF point when shooting in AF-S and AF-C modes. This takes the total phase detection AF areas to 6.

Enhanced Bluetooth®* connectivity via “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” app.
The upgrade allows users to utilize the following functions with the latest “FUJIFILM Camera Remote” app.

1: It synchronizes “date and time” and/or “location information” of smartphone and tablet devices when used with cameras with Bluetooth® capability
2: The upgrade allows users to select multiple smartphones or tablet devices by paring the cameras.(Up to 7 devices)
3: Update the firmware** of compatible cameras that offer Bluetooth® capability via smartphone or tablet devices.
4: It supports Bluetooth® wireless remote control camera shutter release** for cameras that offer Bluetooth® capability.

Addition of Fn button support for “IS Mode”
The upgrade allows users to set the Fn button as “IS Mode” for quicker setting changes.

Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display.

Many thanks.

Was shooting with Fuji and Sony on the day as only had one lens for the Fooj. Think the xh1 and 90mm are made for each other.

Both systems offer something different mmmm hard choice if you had to stick to a single system tbh. :)

Both systems offer something different mmmm hard choice if you had to stick to a single system tbh. :)

Yep. Still saving. Once funds are in place I’ll really have to make my mind up.

Back