Fujifilm X-H1

having shot with the 35mm recently i have noticed that the bokeh in some instances isn't that pleasant.
Yes but that shot is smooth not balls,im not a fan of bokeh balls,prefer smooth like in shot or in a long lens compressed portrat background again smoother and delicious,

Or in your case.....

£1649 - 10% WEX discount = £1484.10
Add Sony £100 cash back = £1384.10

:D

Just keep telling yourself that and maybe you can stick with your Fuji instead of swapping systems every 5 minutes.

Unless of course constantly swapping systems is what floats your boat and if that's the case just enjoy the ride :D

That’s exactly it Alan

Is it better than the XT-2 as I found that pretty hit and miss compared to the Sony A7R II at the time.

A7RII can do it in continuous.

In AF-S mode it's pretty reliable even with metabones adapter in advanced mode with my canon 50mm STM.
Need to test it with 85mm/1.2L still :D

Is it better than the XT-2 as I found that pretty hit and miss compared to the Sony A7R II at the time.

no complaints about the focus acquisition. very snappy. best I've used on any mirrorless (i don't count trying the a9 and a7r3 in a shop as "used").
had no missed shots at the weekend.

no complaints about the focus acquisition. very snappy. best I've used on any mirrorless (i don't count trying the a9 and a7r3 in a shop as "used").
had no missed shots at the weekend.
Time to have some hands on time with the Sony A7 III chap :D full-frame is calling you ;) lol

This thread is getting rather pointless. It seems that some of us are "Fujiholics" and some not. I just wish those who seem to love their Sony picture boxes would keep it to their own thread, it's getting pretty tiresome.

There's banter, then there's being an ass.....

This thread is getting rather pointless. It seems that some of us are "Fujiholics" and some not. I just wish those who seem to love their Sony picture boxes would keep it to their own thread, it's getting pretty tiresome.

True going off topic can be annoying. I'll avoid it as much as possible.

Report the offending posts and hopefully mod will remove it :)

p.s. don't love my Sony picture box. I dislike it least at the moment :p

This lens seems to render very nicely. Better than FE85/1.8 IMO. How is the AF speed in comparison?

the 90mm was always my favourite lens on the xt1 as it was one of, if not the fastest lens in the system focus wise. its very sharp and also you can get close with it. its lovely on the xh1 with the ibis.

the fe85 is the fastest 85mm I've used so its pretty close.

I agree, my apologies however I feel it would be better if this thread was part of the original Fuji X-T2 thread... :)

Have you seen what goes on in the Sony thread?

There are days when it seems to be a Fuji thread and others when it seems to be a Nikon thread...

There are days when it seems to be a Fuji thread and others when it seems to be a Nikon thread...

Not to mention cars, watches, bags and audio systems :p

At least we are keeping to cameras here :D

Last edited:

Why would I? I have zero interest in owning a Sony, and therefore don't waste my time in threads devoted to such equipment. I do however have a very keen interest in upgrading one of my T2's to an H1, hence my presence. To be honest, I don't give a s*** what happens in threads I don't have any interest in. This thread is dedicated to the Fuji X-H1.....

Some lovely stuff you have been posting on here Jonathan, how are you finding the X-H1

many thanks for the comment.

its very, very good. focus is tip top and the grip etc have made it a lot easier to use. it feels more dslr like. the improved evf is amazing. it really is good. the quiet shutter is a joy to use and i got used to the sensitivity very quickly.

things i don't like:

* ibis is noisy. don't notice it outside but i do indoors. its just a little annoying to hear it.
* battery life. should have introduced new batteries to improve performance (instead of being worse) and set it apart from x-t2/pro 2.
* while it feels great in the hands and the controls are very similar to the x-t2, theres something about that doesn't quite grab me like the x-t2 did. can't quite put my finger on it.

the pros far outweigh the cons.

i haven't personally experience any lock-ups or freezing of the camera. that said i don't really shoot anything too taxing to be going above 8 frames per second.

I need to go and have a play with one of these. Now I'm (finally)committed to Fuji, I'm liking the idea of ibis. Great shots by the way Jonathon.

*Edit*, just got a part ex quote from MPB. XT2 prices have dropped massively! They currently have 43 bodies for sale.

Last edited:
I need to go and have a play with one of these. Now I'm (finally)committed to Fuji, I'm liking the idea of ibis. Great shots by the way Jonathon.

*Edit*, just got a part ex quote from MPB. XT2 prices have dropped massively! They currently have 43 bodies for sale.

As you know mpb will always pull your pants down. Probs best waiting for any eBay seller promo

Back