Fujifilm X-H1

That’s odd. I’m on subscription too and the raw files open (I’m using compressed raw).

A bit of a loss other than a redownload?

Getting the "preview unavailable for this file" instead of thumbnail

mac.
i hadn't formatted card before shooting and had photos from my sony on there already -not sure if that would cause it.
I wouldn’t of thought so. How are you transferring files - card into Mac or via USB cable from camera? And direct into Lightroom via import (from card / camera) or via intermediate directory (dragging from card via finder into folder)

I wouldn’t of thought so. How are you transferring files - card into Mac or via USB cable from camera? And direct into Lightroom via import (from card / camera) or via intermediate directory (dragging from card via finder into folder)

card reader via usb into the mac. straight from there to LR. its how I've always done it.

card reader via usb into the mac. straight from there to LR. its how I've always done it.

Same, I just know High Sierra cane display thumbnails for compressed raw, but no issue if you go direct into Lightroom. I do the same, all worked fine from day one.

As pointed out, for most of us it's a hobby, and what matters just as much as the end result is the shooting experience. Fuji gives that, I'd lost it with my Canon gear.

Likewise my M135 was a very fast car, but my JCW Clubman is a much better car to drive. First time I've kept a car this long in ages.... I feel the X-H1 will just make the experience better, so when I'm back at work, it's the first thing on the list :)

As pointed out, for most of us it's a hobby, and what matters just as much as the end result is the shooting experience. Fuji gives that, I'd lost it with my Canon gear.

Likewise my M135 was a very fast car, but my JCW Clubman is a much better car to drive. First time I've kept a car this long in ages.... I feel the X-H1 will just make the experience better, so when I'm back at work, it's the first thing on the list :)
/sigh. Everyone knows the correct car to accompany a Fuji is a Miata :)

Completely agree though.

Steve. What is it that appeals the most for you ?
Thought you were solid with X-T2

/sigh. Everyone knows the correct car to accompany a Fuji is a Miata :)

Completely agree though.

Completely disagree - there can be only one make to match with Fujis - Jaguar! Who else makes an XF (OK, made rather than makes!)? XE? X-Type? (And yes, I might have bought a second XF [camera] to match the leather in my XF. :whistle:)

Had mine a couple of weeks now long enough for the rosy specs to wear off and for me it still very nice to use.

Size wise it feels natural in my hand, the only time it feels heavy to me now is if I have been using the X-T20 before I pick it up then I do notice the weight.
Finally got use to the shutter and its a joy to use and so silent.
IBIS works nicely with the primes especially the 90 and 56mm.
I've always been a fan on top LCD and given the fact you can totally customise what it shows is a plus in my book.
I use the exp button as a switch and I prefer that with the LCD to the EXP dial on the X-T2.
The EVF is really nice its something I have only really appreciated how good it is in the last few days.

Battery life is slightly worse than the X-T2 but having a couple more X series camera I appreciate it uses the same battery..

Steve. What is it that appeals the most for you ?
Thought you were solid with X-T2

Couple of things Trevor. As you know, I like to shoot wildlife, and although I've never been big on birds in flights, I just can't seem to get the T2 to lock in time. I'm hoping the H1 will be that bit quicker.

Secondly, I do tend to "use" my kit, it's not uncommon for me to just leave the T2 with 100-400 & 1.4TC sitting in the boot while I drive from one site to another. From what I hear, the H1 is very robust and I'll feel a bit more confident with it. However, I have dropped one of my T2's, chipped the paint, but everything else is fine.

As I often shoot with the big lens on, it may balance the whole kit out a bit better too.

I don't have any real "issues" with the T2, in fact I love it, so it will come in as an addition, not a replacement. One of the ideas of having 2 identical bodies is that the wife & I can both go out and shoot some landscape/sea scapes and both cameras have the same menus and are set up the same. I used to let my Mrs shoot my T1, but when she would ask me something I could never remember what was on the menus....

Yes, lovely but dare I say no DoF at all. I know this is a personal choice thing but unless just playing with a camera and lens I'd be aiming for a little more depth.

Couple of things Trevor. As you know, I like to shoot wildlife, and although I've never been big on birds in flights, I just can't seem to get the T2 to lock in time. I'm hoping the H1 will be that bit quicker.

Secondly, I do tend to "use" my kit, it's not uncommon for me to just leave the T2 with 100-400 & 1.4TC sitting in the boot while I drive from one site to another. From what I hear, the H1 is very robust and I'll feel a bit more confident with it. However, I have dropped one of my T2's, chipped the paint, but everything else is fine.

As I often shoot with the big lens on, it may balance the whole kit out a bit better too.

I don't have any real "issues" with the T2, in fact I love it, so it will come in as an addition, not a replacement. One of the ideas of having 2 identical bodies is that the wife & I can both go out and shoot some landscape/sea scapes and both cameras have the same menus and are set up the same. I used to let my Mrs shoot my T1, but when she would ask me something I could never remember what was on the menus....

Thanks Steve. It’s on my radar.
The thing that appeals the most to me is the dedicated AF-ON button.
I’m a committed BBF Guy.

If I get one it’ll be for walkabout stuff. Keeping the D500 for action/wildlife.

Loved the 10-24 I used with T1 and T2 (sadly I sold the lens in my haste to acquire the D500 and Siggy 150-600)

True but DoF isn’t eveything
It certainly isn't. That was my point :D

Personally I'd probably aim to get both eyes sharp, maybe the whole head.

Anyway, I accept that this is personal and probably irrelevant anyway as the point was probably to display what can be done with the camera and lens and how beautiful the bokeh can look rather than to produce a portrait I'd take :D So you'll have no more interruption from me :D

couple from a shoot which had to take place in the rain. 90mm f2

3-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

2-1 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Not sure I am a fan of that umbrella in the shot. Couldn't they have dropped it for a few minutes :D

Was looking at Fuji myself this weekend... They have definitely got their colour science down, while A7RII is better than previous Sony's it still sometimes makes me want to hit it with a big hammer :p

Not sure I am a fan of that umbrella in the shot. Couldn't they have dropped it for a few minutes :D

Was looking at Fuji myself this weekend... They have definitely got their colour science down, while A7RII is better than previous Sony's it still sometimes makes me want to hit it with a big hammer :p

Not really. It was chucking it down.

I think I can see the raindrops... it looks to be a bit of a downpour.

yeah if you look it at on flickr the images is shaper than on here and its quite apparent that its raining. hence i thought it better to have the umbrella up -as its clearly raining.
it eased off a little when we got round to bridge and we then got a few shoots without the umbrella in shot.

@addicknchips how did you get on with the Fuji X-H1, is it enough to allow you to give up Sony FF? :)

its very very good. wish i had the 56mm to use as well as i was quite restricted with the 90mm (135mm equiv) at times. the weather sealing on camera and lens was reassuring!
i did also use the 28mm f2 and canon 85mm 1.2 on the sony during the shoot.

I'm still on the fence! ultimately i need to decide today. 5D4 perhaps!

its very very good. wish i had the 56mm to use as well as i was quite restricted with the 90mm (135mm equiv) at times. the weather sealing on camera and lens was reassuring!

d850

Naaa don't go Canon... the Nikon D850 would be a better good choice over the Canon imo.

I like the brolly shots. I prefer the first one since there's more of a personal connection between them despite them both having their eyes shut. I rather suspect that he's made a rude suggestion to her! The brolly and their dark clothing creates a sort of keyhole framing to the shot. To me, the more posed second shot looks almost as though they've been told to gaze adoringly into each others eyes rather than the more natural almost giggling first one.

Naaa don't go Canon... the Nikon D850 would be a better good choice over the Canon imo.

sure its better - but more expensive, bigger than id like and i already have some canon glass.
its an idea thats in the back of my mind but not seriously..

Back