Fujifilm X-H1

Saw a rumour suggesting the X-T3 will have up to 30mp, we shall see.

Don’t Sony do make the Fuji sensors? Would be surprised if we saw anything like 30mp before it went on one of their apsc cameras

Didn't Samsung have one around the 28mp mark?

The rumours are that it’ll be “less than” 30mp which I’ve always taken to mean 28mp, Samsung did have a sensor at that MP but I cant see Fuji taking it (quite an old sensor now too )

No idea who made what, have to think that the mk3 versions of the T or Pro range would probably have a new sensor.

Reading that the older 126 batteries don't last long in the new camera and even bring up a warning saying so.
Presumably that will also be the same with 3rd party ones and the newer 126S will be what's required

Reading that the older 126 batteries don't last long in the new camera and even bring up a warning saying so.
Presumably that will also be the same with 3rd party ones and the newer 126S will be what's required

Best get the grip bundle as comes with 3 batteries

I’m pretty sure the XT2 gave the warning too actually... they’re probably needing to do with Sony did though and introduce a larger battery, harder to do in the smaller X-Pro and XT bodies though.

I’m pretty sure the XT2 gave the warning too actually... they’re probably needing to do with Sony did though and introduce a larger battery, harder to do in the smaller X-Pro and XT bodies though.

Think they missed a trick not introducing a larger more powerful battery for the h1 - especially as it sucks more juice than the other cameras.

Think they missed a trick not introducing a larger more powerful battery for the h1 - especially as it sucks more juice than the other cameras.

It’s one nice thing about the new Sony’s, most folk could probably go a day with only 1 battery now (OK maybe 1 spare..) the Fuji (and A7rii) you feel like you need to take 3-4 with you for a day.
Still none of them can match a D750.... 1 battery for a 4 day holiday!

But some people would moan that their new camera needs them to buy a load of new batteries as well (for backups). Keeping the "old" 126 and adding a 2 battery grip should keep both camps satisfied if not completely happy!

If I start the day with fully charged batteries in each body, it's very rare that I need to swap one out, although I do always carry a couple of spares just in case.

It reminds me very much of the Pentax K-5 range, similar size and shape, never found that particularly comfortable to hold

But some people would moan that their new camera needs them to buy a load of new batteries as well (for backups). Keeping the "old" 126 and adding a 2 battery grip should keep both camps satisfied if not completely happy!

If I start the day with fully charged batteries in each body, it's very rare that I need to swap one out, although I do always carry a couple of spares just in case.

Yeah can’t keep everyone happy.
Although the 3 batteries included may have helped with that.

I watched an interview with a Fuji rep and that was indeed the reason for keeping the batteries. Citing that many of their customers had multiple fuji bodies which are all sharing the same battery so they have a stack of them. That's fair enough.

Me? I'd have rather seen a new, bigger battery. The reason we all have a stack of 126 batteries is because we don't have faith that one or even two batteries is enough. Give us a much bigger battery and we might not need so many. They're going to have to introduce a new battery at some point, to me the XH1 seemed the obvious body to do that with. Hope the X-T3 has a bigger battery.

The reason I have a stack of 'em is that I have 3 bodies (used to be 4 but I sold the bridge that also used them) and a spare for each. Bigger battery = bigger camera and not many people want that. With a bit of luck, battery technology will move on and a battery that shares the dimensions of the 126 will have some extra Ah to cope with the extra demands that advancing features put on the power source.

As Jonathan says a couple of posts up, you can't keep everyone happy!

I went for the X-T2 in December. The main reason to change was to reduce weight from my DSLR and lenses which were becoming more and more annoying to take on walks in the hills. Whilst the A7III sounds awsome the lenses are twice the size and weight. Likewise the X-H1 is heavier with the X-T2 with the same sensor.

Im interested in the X-T3 when it comes out!

Hmmm...becoming interested in this. I’m a Dedicated BBF Guy. Love the fact it has an AF-ON Button. Size doesn’t bother me. Really like to know just how good the AF speed is.
IBIS looks amazing.
Let my X-T2 go for D500,(mainly for wildlife , I’m keeping it) but loved to use the 10-24.
Might have funds the Summer to have another ILC Fuji.
Anyone got one, thoughts on AF speed.

Hmmm...becoming interested in this. I’m a Dedicated BBF Guy. Love the fact it has an AF-ON Button. Size doesn’t bother me. Really like to know just how good the AF speed is.
IBIS looks amazing.
Let my X-T2 go for D500,(mainly for wildlife , I’m keeping it) but loved to use the 10-24.
Might have funds the Summer to have another ILC Fuji.
Anyone got one, thoughts on AF speed.

I still haven’t touched one yet (probably a good thing?) but like the idea of the larger buttons.

Reports on af are mixed with most saying slightly better. However there doesn’t seem to be all that many reviews on YouTube. I think the release of the Sony a7iii took a lot of priority for vloggers.

AF seems pretty much the same as my X-Pro2/X-T2 (now sold). It might be a touch quicker due to the faster processor and I understand there are more PDAF points so that will make a difference depending on how you shoot. For me the main draw of the X-H1 was the IBIS and better handling due to the grip. It's been fantastic on both of those and the EVF is rather lovely too :)

I bought a D500 a month ago, sold it as it was just freaking enormous but the C-AF was noticeably better than any Fuji I've used.

AF seems pretty much the same as my X-Pro2/X-T2 (now sold). It might be a touch quicker due to the faster processor and I understand there are more PDAF points so that will make a difference depending on how you shoot. For me the main draw of the X-H1 was the IBIS and better handling due to the grip. It's been fantastic on both of those and the EVF is rather lovely too :)

I bought a D500 a month ago, sold it as it was just freaking enormous but the C-AF was noticeably better than any Fuji I've used.

was wondering when someone would mention the evf.

If you already have a decent number of Fuji lenses then I think the IBIS alone makes it a worthy upgrade especially if the rumours are true that the X-T3 won't have IBIS.

stop it. id gone a whole half hour not wanting one.
LOL I've defected to Olympus but trying my best to lure you into an XH-1

Just posted my first shots on the Olympus thread, shame you need better low light performance because the E-M1 ii is a cracker

LOL I've defected to Olympus but trying my best to lure you into an XH-1

Just posted my first shots on the Olympus thread, shame you need better low light performance because the E-M1 ii is a cracker

thought i saw you buying some fuji gear too?

the olympus stuff looks good. but i like shallow depth of field and obviously thats harder to achieve with M43. plus the higher end glass is super pricey.

thought i saw you buying some fuji gear too?

the olympus stuff looks good. but i like shallow depth of field and obviously thats harder to achieve with M43. plus the higher end glass is super pricey.
I bought a 10-24 on behalf of a friend. Trying to sell him your 23 too.

Today I shot with the 12-40 and 40-150. The 40-150 is a bargain at around a grand.

Won’t let D500 go.

Like some reassurance about AF Speed.

Won’t let D500 go.

Like some reassurance about AF Speed.

I'd describe the AF has very good, my wife is fussy about AF speed and she's happy shooting with the X-H1. It's not D500 speed but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

I'd describe the AF has very good, my wife is fussy about AF speed and she's happy shooting with the X-H1. It's not D500 speed but I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for letting me know.

In stock at Panamoz.

Classic Jessops.
“Fujifilm? Nah it’s all digital now”
Depends very much on the branch I find. For example, the Jessops in Glasgow has been largely more helpful than Calumet when I've been in.

Depends very much on the branch I find. For example, the Jessops in Glasgow has been largely more helpful than Calumet when I've been in.

Probably. The 2 I go into are pretty clueless unfortunately

dare I go to Park cameras tomorrow for a “look”?

I find it best to go with a friend. That friend can either help you justify your actions, or help you take the emotion out of a potential purchase. A "togging" buddy is only going to help with the first situation, the Mrs on the other hand... :D

Back