Fujifilm X-H1

You could but that money spent on the Fooj could be spent on great Sony lenses :D

My issue is I love the output of the A7rii. And for me the focus is good enough. A focus joystick would be wonderful and after having a play with an A7r3 I was in dreamland. But I’d probably benefit more by keeping the r2 and adding glass.

I love fuji as the handling works so well.

My issue is I love the output of the A7rii. And for me the focus is good enough. A focus joystick would be wonderful and after having a play with an A7r3 I was in dreamland. But I’d probably benefit more by keeping the r2 and adding glass.

I love fuji as the handling works so well.

If you don't buy the Fooj, you could sell your A7R II or trade in towards a A7R III :D Are Sony doing any trade-in bonuses at the moment. :D

If you don't buy the Fooj, you could sell your A7R II or trade in towards a A7R III :D Are Sony doing any trade-in bonuses at the moment. :D

I’d probably get around £1,300 maybe for the A7rii
So there’s a lot to add to upgrade to the r3.

From what I can see you do need to go into the menus to change - you can assign it to 'My Menu' as a shortcut, but you can't assign it to one of the function buttons or the Q menu tiles.
Thanks. I was really hoping that one could assign it to one of the shortcut buttons. Oh well, at least you can add it to "My Menu'

Had a quick look at X-H1 prices, should have looked harder.
They did mention there were getting quite a stock of XT2 as a result, so not sure how long they will keep it at that level - but then again, perhaps that’s just sales patter :)

If I do go for one, I think it will be in addition to the two T2's I have. But as I quit my job I don't think it's going to be any time soon!!

Aaaarrrrgghhhh, Who posted this thread?? :mad:

I really want this camera but so nervous about selling all my canon gear for an unknown system. Will I love it?, Will I regret it? It's taken me years to collect my Canon gear and it's not just body and lenses. It's L brackets, flashes, remote triggers, wireless flash triggers all having to be sold and replaced.

I really want to downsize to make photography more fun and less of a slog when out in the countryside but I'm also worried about going back to APS-C. I've look at the new Sony but as others have mentioned here it would cost me a fortune to replace all my lenses with Sony.

What to do :help:

Think I may hold off and see what the XT3 has to offer as I have no interest in video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
The most interesting part of that is where they basically say that the Fuji lenses aren't up to resolution beyond 24mp.....

This bit?...

"Next X-Trans Sensor: The [current] 24 Mpx are a good compromise for now. On the other hand, increasing the resolution would not increase the quality either, due to the limitations of the optics"

If so... for the people who want a lot of detail... ouch! but in reality 24mp will be more than enough for most people and usage.

The most interesting part of that is where they basically say that the Fuji lenses aren't up to resolution beyond 24mp.....

This bit?...

"Next X-Trans Sensor: The [current] 24 Mpx are a good compromise for now. On the other hand, increasing the resolution would not increase the quality either, due to the limitations of the optics"

If so... for the people who want a lot of detail... ouch! but in reality 24mp will be more than enough for most people and usage.

My first reaction was shame, but what the pixel density of the X-T2 equipment to in FF? The Nikon D850 is just under 20mp so Im guessing 55mp and how many lenses can resolve that? A few of the Sony GM?

This bit?...

The advantage of Fuji optics, specifically the primes is they are extremely sharp - to the point where I’ve done side by side comparisons with x-t1 and A7rii. I imagine they are resolving a lot of the detail available in the current 24mp sensors.

Could argue that Some of the current lens line up are due a “mark ii” and these could be possibly be built to resolve higher mp sensors. But is that worth it if they would realistically only move from 24 to 30mp?

In most cases 24mp and quality glass is good enough.

Aaaarrrrgghhhh, Who posted this thread?? :mad:

I really want this camera but so nervous about selling all my canon gear for an unknown system. Will I love it?, Will I regret it? It's taken me years to collect my Canon gear and it's not just body and lenses. It's L brackets, flashes, remote triggers, wireless flash triggers all having to be sold and replaced.

I really want to downsize to make photography more fun and less of a slog when out in the countryside but I'm also worried about going back to APS-C. I've look at the new Sony but as others have mentioned here it would cost me a fortune to replace all my lenses with Sony.

What to do :help:

Think I may hold off and see what the XT3 has to offer as I have no interest in video.

Buy a Sony. Adapt your current lenses to fit if you focus mainly on landscapes..

Back