Fujifilm X-H1

Niiiice. I’m so tempted to wade in..
Just a question of whether I can make the switch from full frame.
Haven't you learnt this by now by switching to and from the Sony A7R II like 10 times? :D lol
FF is king :)

I’ve made a deal with my local store to trade in the A7riii for store credit (excellent deal), currently I’m eyeing picking up a cheap Pentax K1 with the 24-70 to use for full-frame landscaping and using the XH1 for everything else, but that could easily change into picking up a second body (XT2/X-Pro2) and more Fuji glass if I go that way....
The XT2 was a joy to use (despite losing it), just want some fun back in my photography again and with a few trips planned the smaller body/lenses is the way to go.
:eek:

I’ve made a deal with my local store to trade in the A7riii for store credit (excellent deal), currently I’m eyeing picking up a cheap Pentax K1 with the 24-70 to use for full-frame landscaping and using the XH1 for everything else, but that could easily change into picking up a second body (XT2/X-Pro2) and more Fuji glass if I go that way....
The XT2 was a joy to use (despite losing it), just want some fun back in my photography again and with a few trips planned the smaller body/lenses is the way to go.

Nice, seen that Panamoz has the D810 and 24-120 for £1920. Been tempted a few times but rather not have the hassle of running 2 systems.

Wonder how many there are of us on here who went to Fuji and didn't change to anything else albeit temporarily
I changed from Canon about four years ago and stuck with Fuji ever since, can't say anything else has tempted me.

Been bit of an exodus recently to m43, mainly from the artefact watercolour brigade, think IBIS plays a big part too.
Reckon Fuji need to look at introducing it in the smaller cheaper cameras, probably not feasible from an engineering angle

Wonder how many there are of us on here who went to Fuji and didn't change to anything else albeit temporarily
I changed from Canon about four years ago and stuck with Fuji ever since, can't say anything else has tempted me.

Been bit of an exodus recently to m43, mainly from the artefact watercolour brigade, think IBIS plays a big part too.
Reckon Fuji need to look at introducing it in the smaller cheaper cameras, probably not feasible from an engineering angle

I went over fully from Canon to Fuji 2 years ago, although I had the X100 as my travel camera back from 2011. I had a really nice setup with Canon - worked my way up to the 5DIII, still had the 1DMK3, and lots of nice lenses and no really qualms over image quality but I was just not up to lumping it all around, so I went over to the XPRO2 with as 23/1.4 and a 56/1.2 which was fine for me at the time. I went for the Fuji because I liked the ergonomics of the X100 and for me the XPRO2 was just a slight bigger version with interchangeable lenses. That's all the thought I really put into it.

Since then, my lens collection has grown - first the 90/2, then the 35/2 and, getting a little frustrated with the changing of lenses, I tried the zooms - first to 16-55 and then the 50-140 - basically replicating the Canon kit I'd got rid off. Then I got fixated on the tillable screen (silly little reason) and my inability get down low quite so easily, so I added the XT2, all the while upgrading the X100 to the T and then the F (skipped the S).

After a couple of years I found myself quite heavily invested in a system.

I did head down to Park Cameras to try to Sony RIII, seriously considering switching again, pretty sure it's a great camera but I wanted to hold it and see if I got on without the aperture rings etc (I know some have them) - but as told before, I picked up the XH-1 and decided to stay put. It did cause me to re-evaluate the volume of kit I'd amassed, so sold on the bodies to have less to carry (and to choose from - I suffer from overthinking things!). I may even move on the zooms - who knowns.

I'm not wedded to Fuji - but I do like the ergonomics of the dials and the bodies - more so now I appear to have found a sweet spot. I'm firmly in the mirrorless camp now, as it works better for me than my DSLRs used to - less faffing (see the micro-adjustment thread - that was me!), but I am invested and don't relish the investment of changing again. I wish XTRANS was better supported, and I'd be happy for the XH2 to have a bayer sensor, but I do like the film simulations and have pretty much given up working on raw files now (although I do keep them), and usually use the jpeg file as all I end up doing with a raw file is trying to get it something like the jpg in the first place

I don't think Fuji are magical - but they have two things spot on for me at the moment - the ergonomics and the jpeg engine. If someone seriously challenged that, I'm open.

So what have a missed is chris leaving sony again and moving back to this lol

Delivery/Stock cock up it seems so even if it does come it won't be until next week now - I might just pickup another XT2 which I can get tomorrow to give my glass some use!

They're hard to give up!

Shame as Harrsions got them in stock

I think I'll keep my Fuji gear, the resale value of them are much lower than I expected, when the X-Pro2 or the X-H1 gets to be like £300 in 3 or 5 years from now I'll get one for fun. 23/1.4 will still be a good 23/1.4 lens.

What do you reckon. What you like about it

Well obviously v a 42mp full frame camera the Image Quality isn’t going to be as good but frankly the handling of this thing blow’s any other Fuji out of the water and the Sony’’s as well to be honest.

Yes I get that the larger size isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it makes handling so much better for me, probably partly why I’ve alway flitted between DSLR and mirrorless to be honest.

@chrismscotland why not the pentax 2,had a play at the show,a beast

I loved the K1 (Mark 1) and to be honest I’d probably buy that over the 2, £1250 for a refurb K1 with a 2 year warranty v £1800 for the K1ii which on the face of it doesn’t look much if any better....

Well obviously v a 42mp full frame camera the Image Quality isn’t going to be as good but frankly the handling of this thing blow’s any other Fuji out of the water and the Sony’’s as well to be honest.

Yes I get that the larger size isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but it makes handling so much better for me, probably partly why I’ve alway flitted between DSLR and mirrorless to be honest.

Wouldn't putting a grip on your sony help? as you a grip on that Fuji

Let's be honest here - you Sony guy's have just a little bit of Fuji envy going on :) Something's got to be keeping you in this thread :)

Let's be honest here - you Sony guy's have just a little bit of Fuji envy going on :) Something's got to be keeping you in this thread :)
I owned the original Fuji X100 and had a great Fuji XT-2 setup, there is something special about Fuji, if only it had Sony internal gubbins with the Fuji exterior, firmware and GUI :Doh and was full-frame.

Back