Fujifilm X-H1

It's the options I'm not sure about, keep thinking what other Canon lenses would I use it with? While I love the Sigma18-35 the size would do my head in, always fancied the Canon 135mm but home much would I use it.
The Fui 80mm can be got for 800.
My daughter has borrowed my H1 and when I get it back is anyone's guess if ever that is so thinking in the long run the OIS would be a good idea for me.

Another couple of Sigma 18-35 have appeared on the same site but they're looking for a lot more. I was more excited when it was going to be a bit of a bargain. There's also a Canon 135 F2 that just went up today and it did catch my eye as the seller is in my town. But like you, not sure how much I would make use of it, the Fuji 90mm is actually the much better choice here I think as it would also double as a very decent macro lens for me using my Raynox attachment

Right now even just for the 55-250 it's worth it for me, as this lens is better than the 50-230 and I don't want to have to buy the 55-200 - as good as it is, it'll cost me more and I lose out on options. But I am looking at the 16mm and 90mm, trying to decide I would make best use of in general. And something like an old 200mm F4 would do the job for the bit of tele shooting I do ... it's all about decisions.

Here's the 55-250 on the fringer, it makes this lens feel so much more solid, adding the metal mount - really does feel like part of the lens. This lens was of course light to begin with, you just have to take the extra weight and length into account when using it for longer and heavier lenses.

fringer55250.jpg

I'm having a dumb! which lock is it? If it's the thumb stick, then it'll interfere with clicking to return AF point to center no?

Against 'lock setting' you choose 'selected function'
Go down one line - against 'function selection' there are 6 pages of functions, click 'q button' on page 2.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Another couple from my Trump day out.

The Clink by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

This street style Fujigraph I like very much, well composed, good colour & exposure, and really liking the wet conditions of the shot giving some great reflections and adding to the atmosphere.

George.

This street style Fujigraph I like very much, well composed, good colour & exposure, and really liking the wet conditions of the shot giving some great reflections and adding to the atmosphere.

George.

Thanks George

I'm in the market for a flash to use on the XH1 and my soon to arrive XT2. Possibly OCF too at a later date. Any recommendations?

I'm in the market for a flash to use on the XH1 and my soon to arrive XT2. Possibly OCF too at a later date. Any recommendations?

Have a look at the Godox range. If it's just a small neat and tidy flash you're after check out the TT350f, along with the X1T-F trigger it can be had for just over £100. Amazon have a lot of their packages. They are much better quality than the prices suggest.

ST. George's, Temple street Dublin City - XH1, 35F2

St. George's, Temple St. Dublin by K G, on Flickr

Imagine after this place failed to get funding for repairs it was bought out by a theater company and at one point was a night club! All the while still having this magnificent steeple. The 35mm is obviously not the best lens for this kind of shot, I did just take it in passing but I love the detail on these old Georgian buildings

Have a look at the Godox range. If it's just a small neat and tidy flash you're after check out the TT350f, along with the X1T-F trigger it can be had for just over £100. Amazon have a lot of their packages. They are much better quality than the prices suggest.
Liking the look of that. Thanks for the pointer

Liking the look of that. Thanks for the pointer

I had the TT350o for M43, just make sure when looking into their range you specifically go for the 'f' variants, that stands for the Fuji version. There is a rechargeable version, the V350f that comes with a separate charger and lithium battery but it is twice the price. I think recycle times will be faster with that one, but you're looking at closer to £200 for the flash + trigger unit. The TT350f uses a pair of AA batteries, so you just stack up on those, always have a pack in the bag and you're good

Another cracking piece of work You never fail to produce goods George!
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of the Arches underneath the promenade. I've been to this area many times but its the first time that I've managed to catch the lovely early morning light and the tide being out at the same time enabling me to get the snap.

X-H1, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/150th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Underneath The Arches (2) (C)-03272C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Excellent set of images Keith
A few recent images, all X-H1 of course

35 F2
Abandoned mill by K G, on Flickr

Canon 55-250
chaffy by K G, on Flickr

It was so fast you might have missed it! But I did post another snail image on the previous page, they are everywhere lately, with all this rain - Another with the 35 F2
Pookey by K G, on Flickr

Imagine after this place failed to get funding for repairs it was bought out by a theater company and at one point was a night club! All the while still having this magnificent steeple. The 35mm is obviously not the best lens for this kind of shot, I did just take it in passing but I love the detail on these old Georgian buildings
I love Dublin, I visit it 4 or 5 times a year. I always bring a camera, but after calling into Toners in Baggot Street I seem to loose the inclination to take photos
:beer:

Another cracking piece of work You never fail to produce goods George!

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciated your reply.

George.

I love Dublin, I visit it 4 or 5 times a year. I always bring a camera, but after calling into Toners in Baggot Street I seem to loose the inclination to take photos
:beer:

Not familiar with that particular establishment, but then there's about 750 other similar options to get lost in besides :D

I had the TT350o for M43, just make sure when looking into their range you specifically go for the 'f' variants, that stands for the Fuji version. There is a rechargeable version, the V350f that comes with a separate charger and lithium battery but it is twice the price. I think recycle times will be faster with that one, but you're looking at closer to £200 for the flash + trigger unit. The TT350f uses a pair of AA batteries, so you just stack up on those, always have a pack in the bag and you're good

I have a number of Godox flashguns and so long as you have the correct X1T trigger they are cross compatible i.e.: my Nikon Tt685 Nikon V860 II work with my Fuji, Olympus,and Canon cameras as do my Olympus TT350 & Fuji units. The cross compatibility is just one good reason for buying apart from the excellent value that they offer you will be looking for a X1Tf trigger and a flash of your choice and budget I really rate the TT350 F takes 2 AA batteries and it's easily pocketable offers TTL Manual and even HS sync

Last edited:
I have a number of Godox flashguns and so long as you have the correct X1T trigger they are cross compatible i.e.: my Nikon Tt685 Nikon V860 II work with my Fuji, Olympus,and Canon cameras as do my Olympus TT350 & Fuji units. The cross compatibility is just one good reason for buying apart from the excellent value that they offer

AH good to know! The flash unit itself must be the right one thought, for direct mount

For direct mounting on camera you will need the correct model i.e. TT350F for Fuji TT350N for Nikon etc or other model.
But
AH good to know! The flash unit itself must be the right one thought, for direct mount

if it's off camera any flash works with the trigger for your camera

For direct mounting on camera you will need the correct model i.e. TT350F for Fuji TT350N for Nikon etc or other model.
But

if it's off camera any flash works with the trigger for your camera

If I'd known this a while back I'd not have sold my TT350o, could have just used bought the trigger for Fuji. I have a Yongnuo flash with triggers, but the Godox was so much neater, not as powerful but was useful when traveling or when I just wanted fill light - say for macro.

Another couple of Sigma 18-35 have appeared on the same site but they're looking for a lot more. I was more excited when it was going to be a bit of a bargain. There's also a Canon 135 F2 that just went up today and it did catch my eye as the seller is in my town. But like you, not sure how much I would make use of it, the Fuji 90mm is actually the much better choice here I think as it would also double as a very decent macro lens for me using my Raynox attachment

Right now even just for the 55-250 it's worth it for me, as this lens is better than the 50-230 and I don't want to have to buy the 55-200 - as good as it is, it'll cost me more and I lose out on options. But I am looking at the 16mm and 90mm, trying to decide I would make best use of in general. And something like an old 200mm F4 would do the job for the bit of tele shooting I do ... it's all about decisions.

Here's the 55-250 on the fringer, it makes this lens feel so much more solid, adding the metal mount - really does feel like part of the lens. This lens was of course light to begin with, you just have to take the extra weight and length into account when using it for longer and heavier lenses.

View attachment 247430

Its a Really good to see the fringes work as good as it is and if if didn't have the Fuji lens I do have it t's the way I would definatley go, another lens to look for at close up/macro if your happy with manual focus is the Samyang 135mm f2 (espically with the IBIS) . Has a approx a 0.25x reproduction ratio and suppose to work well with tubes (no idea about the Raynox). Optically all the reports rate it very highly.

Last edited:
Another couple from my Trump day out.

The Clink by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Southbank by Nick Brennan, on Flickr
One more. After Trump. Trafalgar Square

After Trump by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Quality Nick really the balance the figures give to the image in no 2.

Excellent work George really like this.

Excellent work George really like this.

Thanks, I'm not George though :D

Its a Really good to see the fringes work as good as it is and if if didn't have the Fuji lens I do have it t's the way I would definatley go, another lens to look for at close up/macro if your happy with manual focus is the Samyang 135mm f2 (espically with the IBIS) . Has a approx a 0.25x reproduction ratio and suppose to work well with tubes (no idea about the Raynox). Optically all the reports rate it very highly.

Yeah I don't mind MF lenses at all. The Raynox will clip onto any lens with filter thread between 52mm and 67mm, otherwise you need step up or down rings, I prefer lenses that I can just clip it on and off - it comes with a spring-loaded mount that you can screw the actual element into and then that just clips onto the lens, very handy.

Atm I either sell the fringer and canon lenses to help fund the 90mm and keep the 35 F2, or I keep the fringer and sell the 35 F2 to get the 16 1.4 ... in two minds really. At some point I'd love to have both the 16 and 90 along with either the 35F2 or 50F2. The third option is to trade the 32 for the 50 [someone is looking to trade locally] sell the fringer and canon lenses and get the 16. That way I would have the 16 1.4, 50 F2 and I would add a Nikon 200mm F4 that I've spotted. I like that set up actually.

Last edited:
Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of the famous "Prospect Cottage" where Derek Jarman used to live. I've included a small bit about him and the cottage below.
The space around this modest cottage in Dungeness, Kent, the former home of the multitalented filmmaker Derek Jarman (1942-1994), could be considered one of England’s best-loved gardens. The property is not open to the public, nor is it closed; visitors are free to wander. “The garden is the landscape,” says Jarman’s friend, the photographer Howard Sooley. “It ends at the horizon”.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/340th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Prospect Cottage (M) (Dungeness)-03292M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Just a simple Landscape type Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of the famous "Prospect Cottage" where Derek Jarman used to live. I've included a small bit about him and the cottage below.
The space around this modest cottage in Dungeness, Kent, the former home of the multitalented filmmaker Derek Jarman (1942-1994), could be considered one of England’s best-loved gardens. The property is not open to the public, nor is it closed; visitors are free to wander. “The garden is the landscape,” says Jarman’s friend, the photographer Howard Sooley. “It ends at the horizon”.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/340th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Prospect Cottage (M) (Dungeness)-03292M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Nice one, I love when there's some back story to images :)

Nice one, I love when there's some back story to images :)

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

Has anyone used the XF16-55mm on their X-H1 and if you have is it better than the XF18-55mm ?

I’ve used it. Magic
As for being better... of course it’s tested as such. Big thing for me was constant F2.8
Always been quite happy with 18-55 (when I shot Fuji)

I’ve used it. Magic
As for being better... of course it’s tested as such. Big thing for me was constant F2.8
Always been quite happy with 18-55 (when I shot Fuji)

As I’ve got Trevor’s 16-55 I can attest to how great it is especially this sharp copy, having just purchased the X-H1 I’m taking them both out this weekend to see how they perform....

Have had a cold for a while that went to my chest, at long last I`m feeling better but the weather today was grotty and sods law now as sun is out. X-H1 +XF35mm f2.

Double Time by Dave, on Flickr

Music Time by Dave, on Flickr

To very nice Fujigraphs, and like other comments my fav’ would be #1.

George.

Back