Fujifilm X-H1

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of a discarded & dilapidated boat that is just one of the many things that are scattered about the beach that have just been left behind to rot. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rot & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 10-24mm Lens, 1/280th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Things Left Behind (29) (M) (Dungeness)-03309M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Very nice, I like the idea of your project, love the theme

Very nice, I like the idea of your project, love the theme

Thank you kindly fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

George.

One from my daughters communion a month ago. Just got round to editing them all. Evaluating Capture One, and I like it so far

Skew by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

Very nice candid portrait style Fujigraph, liking this shot very much, odd as it may seem I quite like the OOF guy in the foreground as I feel it brings emphasis to the ladies face.

George.

Very nice candid portrait style Fujigraph, liking this shot very much, odd as it may seem I quite like the OOF guy in the foreground as I feel it brings emphasis to the ladies face.

George.
Thanks George. He's her husband, so it works on a couple of levels too

Last edited:
Really struggled with BBF yesterday on the X-H1 so put it back to shutter button, lens was the XF16-55mm this place is going to be my new jazz pub to go to every Friday.

In the zone by Dave, on Flickr

Then Andy and Tess had a dance.

Andy and Tess by Dave, on Flickr

Last edited:
Went for a walk down the river today and had the H1 and 16-55 hanging on my shoulder [didn't get one decent shot, but hey ho ...] Anyway, 4 late-teens/20-something yr old lads passed me, and one of them loudly proclaims "People get robbed down here all the time, like camera gear and stuff!" - I turned and said "Have you ever been hit by a brick across the head, because that's what this is like when it's swung" - they laughed, thankfully and kept walking, think they shouted back something like 'away ya madman ya' :D Thing is I wasn't kidding too much, I would use it as a weapon if they came at me :wacky::LOL:

Last edited:
Just some simple contrast and texture images making use of the golden evening sun we've been having recently. First couple X-H1 + 16-55, cat and butterfly shot with the adapted Canon 55-250

Survival Weed by K G, on Flickr

Strolling Louse by K G, on Flickr

Shadow Scout by K G, on Flickr

Had a little visit from a common blue today also, every time one of these lands in the garden I see it from inside, by the time I get out I'm lucky to grab one shot before it buggers off again

Common blue visitor by K G, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just some simple contrast and texture images making use of the golden evening sun we've been having recently. First couple X-H1 + 16-55, cat and butterfly shot with the adapted Canon 55-250

Had a little visit from a common blue today also, every time one of these lands in the garden I see it from inside, by the time I get out I'm lucky to grab one shot before it buggers off again

Cracking set mate, loving the light on the cat.

Cracking set mate, loving the light on the cat.

Thanks :) She's only started going to that spot, it's weird, because her old pal, our older cat, is buried right beneath her - it's like she knows.

I could have cloned out the blade of grass she looks as if she's eating :D but I've been a bit lazy on the processing lately, just usual contrast/highlight/blacks and white adjusting with some cropping really

Last edited:
Thanks :) She's only started going to that spot, it's weird, because her old pal, our older cat, is buried right beneath her - it's like she knows.

I could have cloned out the blade of grass she looks as if she's eating :D but I've been a bit lazy on the processing lately, just usual contrast/highlight/blacks and white adjusting with some cropping really

I think our pets do know more than we do.

Very nice set of Fujigraph, liking all of these very much, especially the last one.

George.

Lovely light on those Keith, I like the simplicity of the 1st 2. The blues are always on the move, nice to get one still, this to me is a Holly Blue by that underwing.

Lovely light on those Keith, I like the simplicity of the 1st 2. The blues are always on the move, nice to get one still, this to me is a Holly Blue by that underwing.

I know very little about butterflies tbh, so you could be right on that one

Back