Gardenbirders 52 for 2020

What a fab looking critter!

Chameleons are great aren't they?
I killed mine by putting it on a tartan rug, " camouflage that" the stress got to it :(

( just kidding :D )

Hi Michael

Great Chameleon Image, stands out against the background which would not be the case in real life.

Pete

A wee beastie, i think it might be a fly evolved to somewhat imitate a bee, taken in our garden in Scotland before the weather:

Tiny 52.JPG

Super capture, nicely taken.

Another one dragged kicking and screaming from the archive, we've been too hectic this week and poor weather to boot. This is from a year ago today taken up Bunya Mountain in southern Queensland, Australia. Oh to be travelling again... one day hopefully! This is a Red-necked Wallaby with a joey in the pouch, though not for long. They are curious but also safe both from the fires and the shooters. Interestingly the resort at the top of Bunya had, as well as a very healthy population of Wallabies and Pademelons (nocturnal) over 120 single malts in stock, from near and far.

joey 52.JPG

I haven't been to that bit of Aus, but I really enjoyed touring around NT. So much wildlife that's is so different to here. So many pictures of roos, wallabys and I really liked seeing the crocs up close.
Lovely to see the Joey in its pouch, nicely filling the frame too.

This is a Pashmina I bought for my wife about 15 years ago on a business trip to India, threaded through my wedding ring. True Pahsminas are made from the down of domestic Changthangi goats and they can, as you can see here, be threaded through a wedding ring, a quick test of their authenticity. Some of the individual goat hairs are working loose. A Pashmina is so warming it can be worn alone to fend off the chill. I used a torch to illuminate it trying different light angles before settling for this one with some contrast and structure:

Textures 52.JPG

The lighting does show the texture nicely. I love the backstory and am now dashing off to see if I can fit mine through my wedding ring :ROFLMAO: I think mine came from Jerusalem, so possibly not 'true'.

Nice texture pic :)

Texture
Good lighting, you've managed to keep the highlights in check. Nice idea to use your wedding ring. It adds a little bit to the story.

Tank traps in the dunes at Aberlady Bay Nature Reserve. Finally getting away from home a little further. Processed in Silver efex.
artificial 52.JPG

I like the picture and I like your processing, but I am not sure what is artificial unless it's the ageing effect?
tank traps, in a nature reserve :) and thank you, really appreciate the feedback from everyone, it's a very motivating project and group, thank you :)

I've picked another stock image as i can cover both the subject Autumn and the earlier Tech Silhouette which is missing from my tick sheet. These are Sandhill Cranes in their wintering grounds at Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico, photographed in 2011. Any chance we can have 'Autumn' again in about 3 weeks time please?

Sandhill Cranes.JPG

Nicely caught in flight.
The technique is supposed to be on one of the themes issued during the technique, but as 2020 is such a weird year, go on then ;)
I'm guessing this is sooc? I say that as it's fairly grey. I would be tempted to massively edit the dynamic range in pp, forcing the lights to white and the shadows to black (as you're going for the silhouette), but that is purely me and ymmv.

Back