weekly GarethB's extra unofficial, late 52 (2018) - wk 52 - Showcase

I think I'll retire from the 2019 52 now.
I've been in it for 4 years now and I think at least 2 of your 6 surpass what I've managed over 200+ images.

Top one for me, I love the way you've used the light in conjunction with the droplets.

Gosh Tim! You are too kind, and modest!! Thank you for your most encouraging comments.:)
I've been nosing leafing through your previous 52s, and you have a tremendous body of work there...impressive indeed!
I'm certainly looking forward to many more of your super images and wonderful shoehorns in 2019 and beyond!
Please don't retire....who will change our spreadsheet colours?!:D

Woah, what a way to finish, Gareth! They're superb images and as good as any water drop/collision images I have seen, and the colour in #2 really pops. It's something I keep meaning to try but it looks hard to get into. If you find the time to write a little 'tutorial' or 'how to' at any stage, I'm sure it would be welcomed in the wider TP community too.

As Dave and Tim have already said, you have posted some very strong images in your short time so far and I am really looking forward to seeing your images next year. Happy New Year!

Thank you so very much Andrea! I'm overwhelmed with the kindness and encouragement from you and all the other lovely folks here at TP!:)

I was daunted too at first....I'd been putting it off for well over a year, and when I'd gone as far as I could with the 'pinhole-in-a-bag' method, (and baulked at the cost of a commercial drop kit) I thought "How hard can it be?!"
The answer: tricky at times....but not that hard, and much cheaper than the bought kits.... that's the best part!!
My contraption isn't the prettiest, but it gets the job done!:D

I will endeavour to put together a guide on my build method very soon.

Thank you once again to everyone who has taken the time to view my images and post such lovely comments.

Happy New Year to one and all!:)

Really strong finish some excellent water drop images, good luck with next years 52 and have a good new year :)

Really strong finish some excellent water drop images, good luck with next years 52 and have a good new year :)

Thank you kindly Allan, hope we get to see some more images from you next year, Happy New Year!:)

Showcase
They look superb, there's not much more to say really.

Thank you very much Dominic, you're too kind! Happy New Year, and look forward to your 52 next year. :)

Hi Gareth, a great selection of pics there, all of which I enjoyed looking at. The waterdrops are amazing, something I have never succeded with, trying to do it all manually with guess work. I love these type of pictures.

Look forward to following your 2019 thread!

happy new year!

Thank you Michael, very kind comments indeed!:)
Looking forward to your next 52 also!(y)

I will be creating a guide for my drop controller setup soon....purely from a laypersons perspective since I have virtually no experience in electronics or Arduino programming. I was very pleasantly surprised how straightforward it was!
I fully sympathize with you regarding the manual method....I spent the best part of a year trying to get collision images...never got one!!
But after buying in a few inexpensive components, within a few weeks I'd produced the images above!!

Hopefully it will be useful....the guides on the interwebs are far too technical, assuming a level of knowledge or experience that I do not have!:D

Happy New Year Michael. :)

Back