weekly Garys(Gjhill) 52 for 22 - Week 52 - Showcase

Playing comment catch-up.

Snappers Choice - That's an impressive tree, I don't how the other attempts have gone but this one looks good, although as any photographer feels there is always room for improvement. Have you tried capturing it during different seasons?

One Half - An interesting take on the theme, nice patterns surrounding the duck too.

Post - Having looked at the comments you can see that "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" with not everyone keen on the effects of the sun. The world would be a boring place however if we all agreed. Personally I like it and it probably only briefly looked like that so well done on a fast response.

Water - There is definitely a lack of it, I did also notice the can which the image could benefit with being removed. Many times I have submitted images in the camera club internal competitions, had something that detracts from the image being pointed out by the judge and then wondered how I missed something obvious. A fresh pair of eyes can be a great help.

Handles - I do like the shapes in the second image but the cleaner third image would be my pick.

Dusty - Well spotted, could easily be a stock image for the dry and hot periods being experienced across the world.

stuck for this theme so many choices
from the garden this morning

week31 - food.jpg

Great minds. Have to say your macro skills are much better than mine :)

Roberts digital radio

week32 - Internal.jpg

Not much in them, these days, I can remember my Dad had a portable(just) radio that had valves in it. I think it had a 90V battery to power it.

The B&W gives it interest.

Pete

I still have an analogue one and it has a little more inside. Works well in mono and fits the theme nicely.

A snap on todays dog walk

week33 - Square.jpg

Good eye Gary, I have to ask, "Is the street really square?"

Well spotted, I was going to ask if the street was square s well, but someone beat me to it.

Interesting shot, That wall raises questions such as
what door used to be on the left of the picture
whats that on the lintel on the left
whats inside the door
where does the street go

Perhaps I should be just appreciating the shot fitting the theme and not think so much !

Interesting shot, That wall raises questions such as
what door used to be on the left of the picture
whats that on the lintel on the left
whats inside the door
where does the street go

Perhaps I should be just appreciating the shot fitting the theme and not think so much !
Google can help :)

ss.jpg

an item from my other hobby

week34 - Small.jpg

Nice (trout?) fly. I used to tie flies for my dad but a bit bigger (well, a lot bigger) for salmon but I started learning with trout flies. Still have all the kit in the cupboard.

Nice (trout?) fly. I used to tie flies for my dad but a bit bigger (well, a lot bigger) for salmon but I started learning with trout flies. Still have all the kit in the cupboard.
It is a trout fly, about size 16/18
not tied by me though can’t tie them that small

week35 - snappers choice and tech shadows.jpg

Simple and very effective.
I am a simple person :)
it did take a while to get the right conditions so the light was in the right place

Last edited:
from this mornings dog walk

week36 - Scapes (land).jpg

I like this Gary but I'm with Simon above, wondering about the "hill building".

Lovely location. I might have been tempted to crop out some of the left and and sky to concentrate more on the curve and the tower but works well as it is too.

jumbles reservoir sat 17/9
a little stroll with Dave the staffie

week 37 - Looking up.jpg

Back