weekly Garys(Gjhill) 52 for 22 - Week 52 - Showcase

Sports - Serious fishing GAS going on here, but photographers like to take part too.

Parallel - Ticks the box, the silhouette's created by poles can be varied

Metal - That's an interesting sculpture, I'm wondering what shadow it creates with sun hitting it

Treasure - Makes you wonder how it ended up there.

Solid - It has certainly stood the test of time, well engineered.

Beginning with a P - Reminds me of a computer game where you had to join all the pipes in sequence to route the water to its end point!

week 25 snappers choice.jpg

once again struggled with snapper choice
I have been trying to get a decent image of this tree
this is my best so far

That's a great subject Gary, I think your shot is good but I agree with you that there might be better. I always struggle with these types of trees. There's so much that could be captured that deciding what to capture, and when, is tough.

I like that Gary. The pattern of branches at the top works nicely.I’ve spent the last year trying to photograph trees and it isn’t easy.

I think that works well.. there is lovely contrast between the trunk and surrounding vegetation.

of a duck at Jumbles country park

week 26 One Half.jpg

Quick shot on iPhone this morning

week 27 post and tech dappled light.jpg

Half a Duck, Well spotted for the Theme, nice clear image.

Post, fits the theme and tech, but I'm not a fan of the haze/ glare which has reduced the contrast.

Pete

It fits the bill Gary, I like the artifact from the sun arcing through the shot.

Ticks the box on both counts Gary. Looks like a little unintentional movement going on, but tbf you said it was a quick shot!

Water or lack of it!!

week 28 - Water.jpg

I like the way the composition winds through the frame Gary.
Might have been tempted to crop or clone out the can in the foreground, and a mono version might be interesting

I like the way the composition winds through the frame Gary.
Might have been tempted to crop or clone out the can in the foreground, and a mono version might be interesting
Thanks for the comment
will try both ways as suggested

That says it all for climate change... pretty much how everything looks around here at the moment.

which too choose?

week 29 - handle.jpg

week 29 - handle-2.jpg

week 29 - handle-3.jpg

Some well loved tools there Gary. I quite like the last shot

I like you chosen shot Gary (but maybe with a less cluttered background...)

Lovely textures in all. I agree with @Darkslinger that you could have focused a little more closely and removed some of the background which is a little distracting from the subject.

Dry bank on reservoir

week30 - Dusty.jpg

Nice shot. I'll leaf it at that :)

Back