New to me - Xmas present not yet opened

tonight could be the night

Last edited:
removed from main thread - mis understood rules

DSC_0079.JPG

First attempt at ICM

view from the window when sat at pc

Last edited:
hmmmmm I didn't know there was such a thing as a Welsh single malt :eek: Might have to do a little research on that! lol.

Certainly meets the theme, as does the ICM shot, I thought that when we did the tech shots that it was supposed to be of the theme of the week though not 2 seperate shots? I could be wrong though so shall ask in the discussion thread.

hmmmmm I didn't know there was such a thing as a Welsh single malt :eek: Might have to do a little research on that! lol.

Certainly meets the theme, as does the ICM shot, I thought that when we did the tech shots that it was supposed to be of the theme of the week though not 2 seperate shots? I could be wrong though so shall ask in the discussion thread.
Thanks , it came from ASDA I think

I thought we get 2 months to do the tech shot? but thought I'd get in early

Hope the whisky tastes as good in real life as it does in my mind!

My only crit is the messy background.

It’s good stuff. my favourite is their Madeira finish whisky, but it’s all good

Nice shot. Wouldn’t stay new very long in this house!

Nice shot. Wouldn’t stay new very long in this house!
I already finished a bottle of bushmills my partner's son got for me
had a nice shiraz her other son got for me with tonight's meal
maybe wait until tomorrow to open it

I'm not sure of the angle that this is taken from.
It looks like it was taken from below, but feels like it was taken from above (given that it appears to lean outward as you look up the image).

Nice shot, and a great choice of drink. Penderyn do some lovely drinks. I should know, I have a cupboard full of their products.

Nice shot - I'm a big single malt fan :)

I had an early example of Penderyn years ago and it was erm... lacking. I hear they've come on a lot!

Penderyn is a nice whiskey, the Celt in a Green box was the last one I had, very nice

I think I would have put a glass in the photo as well, anyway enjoy :)

I’ve never tried a Welsh whisky as yet. Nice colourful shot, though l would have moved the items from the background on the right.

The verticals are leaning outwards which is peculiar, just like the whisky as I have not heard of it before.

Nice vibrant colours, but the background could do with some thought.

The verticals are leaning outwards which is peculiar, just like the whisky as I have not heard of it before.

Nice vibrant colours, but the background could do with some thought.
It was to be fair a quick shot,didn't really give much thought to the background, naughty me!!

The outward leaning verticals are probably due to the uneven A2 cutting mat they are standing on

I'd certainly like to try it.

It's a good start Gary. I like how the wall patter behind the bottle almost seems to growing out of the top. I do find my eye getting pulled to the bottom right trying to figure out what the bottle/jar(?) thing is.

I'd certainly like to try it.

It's a good start Gary. I like how the wall patter behind the bottle almost seems to growing out of the top. I do find my eye getting pulled to the bottom right trying to figure out what the bottle/jar(?) thing is.
Thanks
it belongs to the grandson, it's a jar full of small plastic paper clips

I was expecting some box shots of new kit but this fits the bill too... enjoy!

Nice bit of kit. Fits the theme nicely. Would have been tempted to see if I could get a shot without the trespass sign, but guessing might have been too close.

Older than me!!! (But not by much...)

I am a few years older

Nice owd beast that's I've seen many times at the ELR :)

Taken almost a year ago though - with a full week left to get a current shot! :police:

Last edited:
You can't beat an old Brush 4 :)
(Well, you can with a Western, Deltic or Hoover, but these were the mainstay of the railway when I was a kid)
@-Oy- more competition for us by hte looks of things !!!

Can I ask, was the photo taken as a jpg and then lightened? I ask because the sky appears posterised, as if it's missing some tones.

Nice owd beast that's I've seen many times at the ELR :)

Taken almost a year ago though - with a full week left to get a current shot! :police:
you are right
image deleted - rushed entry

You can't beat an old Brush 4 :)
(Well, you can with a Western, Deltic or Hoover, but these were the mainstay of the railway when I was a kid)
@-Oy- more competition for us by hte looks of things !!!

Can I ask, was the photo taken as a jpg and then lightened? I ask because the sky appears posterised, as if it's missing some tones.
it was a low res image
it's around a year old - rushed entry
image deleted
Willl try again

you are right
image deleted - rushed entry

Good man - you can always put it back later in the week if you can't get something new :)

Last edited:
Found these amongst my dads possessions when we cleared his house a couple of years ago

no-one in the family knows who this guy is but he must have meant something to him

DSC_0095.JPG

two more from the same bag

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Think that combined they make a great series of images giving us a bit of a window on your Dad's past. Thanks for sharing.

A nice photo of an old photo, I have some really old photos and have no clue to who is in most of them.
The other pictures add to the story.

Back