Good domain hosting

Name
Gil
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a .co.uk domain and want to transfer it to another provider - does anybody recommend one in particular? Is GoDaddy good? I'm currently with reg-123 but have had trouble with them, and now I can't even get my payment to work to renew so I'm taking the opportunity to move it over to somewhere else

I currently have a .co.uk domain and want to transfer it to another provider - does anybody recommend one in particular? Is GoDaddy good? I'm currently with reg-123 but have had trouble with them, and now I can't even get my payment to work to renew so I'm taking the opportunity to move it over to somewhere else
FWIW

I have used names.co.uk for a good while now as my registration and parking/forwarding provider.......including years ago transfering one away from 123.....and before you that where I got shafted by another company which I purchased the domain from & hosted with, who charged me an aweful fee but I viewed it as "got rid of".

Once bitten twice shy, I have never since used the domain seller/parker as a hosting company!

PS names has IMO a good user interface for domain controlling :)

After 12 years with TSO host I've recently, along with a few others on here, moved to STABLEPOINT. The folk at Stablepoint are the original guys who started TSO and sold out to GoDaddy which resulted in the crap service now found at TSO.

Can't fault Stablepoint

After 12 years with TSO host I've recently, along with a few others on here, moved to STABLEPOINT. The folk at Stablepoint are the original guys who started TSO and sold out to GoDaddy which resulted in the crap service now found at TSO.

Can't fault Stablepoint

100% agree about staying away from TSOHOST

However am suprised anyone would be unhappy wiht 123 reg just for the domain registration...

Reactions: RIR
Do you mean hosting or domain?

If domain, doesn't really matter one jot who it's with.

I use webhosting.uk.com and haven't had any problems.

Edit: for both domains and hosting, and also hosting where the domain was parked elsewhere

crap service now found at TSO.

Works OK for me now so can't really fault them. That alternative is probably better value if you need to fill 200GB / 6 sites.

Domain prices are not too bad, but not as good as cloudflare. Shame Cloudlare doesn't support .co.uk yet but I'm seriously tempted to move the .com

That alternative is probably better value if you need to fill 200GB / 6 sites.

I'm on the basic package,

TSO is £47.88 + vat per annum plus half price SSL Cert for the 1st year,
Stablepoint is £39 + vat per annum and the SSL Cert is free

In reality I had a 50% off voucher so it cost me £23.40 inc vat

I now have 3 domains, 1 hosted + 2 parked with them and they did all the transfer and setting up.

I'm on the basic package,

TSO is £47.88 + vat per annum plus half price SSL Cert for the 1st year,
Stablepoint is £39 + vat per annum and the SSL Cert is free

In reality I had a 50% off voucher so it cost me £23.40 inc vat

I now have 3 domains, 1 hosted + 2 parked with them and they did all the transfer and setting up.

Tso basic is enough for me for now, but it means I have to downsize pics before uploading (I have ridiculous number to fill like 100 GB as jpeg only). That has benefit of theft protection in case of hacking (thousands are trying as we speak), but also an obvious negative. SSL is free and I run three sites, which you can't on the other basic.
From there price doubles and gives you lots more like storage or 6 sites so if I needed anything to that level I would have to compare 2nd tiers.

For Domain registration and hosting I have been using https://www.webhostuk.co.uk service has been good with free domain transfer for co.uk domains

If domain, doesn't really matter one jot who it's with.
Actually it might ... some offer domains, even free, but then you find that you are not the true owner/admin of the domain and have great difficulty if you want to move it.

Back