Grass like snow

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I've been to Hidcote a couple of times, walked down to this spot and known exactly how I want the light to be for it, but it's never been right (I suspect moonlight is really what it needs). Well, I can't arrange moonlight, but I can arrange IR.

IRsnowgrass-2856 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

To me, the grass and foliage looked a little like snow, a little like the scene might under moonlight.

C&C welcome.

I've been to Hidcote a couple of times, walked down to this spot and known exactly how I want the light to be for it, but it's never been right (I suspect moonlight is really what it needs). Well, I can't arrange moonlight, but I can arrange IR.

IRsnowgrass-2856 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

To me, the grass and foliage looked a little like snow, a little like the scene might under moonlight.

C&C welcome.

usual brilliant technique...bad weather though...pity
:D
so its IR comp time at the old corrall
cheers
geof

Very high charming factor! (y)(y)(y)

Let me tell you, IR stuff is WEIRD sometimes, and even with fixed colour temperature in the camera, there's no single group of settings that will give consistently usable images. Every OK shot is half planned, half accident, even when you *think* you're starting to see in IR.

Thanks Steve. The snowy effect was really a happy accident, available to be brought out in the processing.

Toni I'd be tempted to lower the mid-tones (the treetrunks) and up the contrast within that tonal area too. I could be wrong, of course - it's an experiment.

Toni I'd be tempted to lower the mid-tones (the treetrunks) and up the contrast within that tonal area too. I could be wrong, of course - it's an experiment.

Thanks - the trunks glow a little more than I'd like, so that might be good to try.

Not my genre at all but there is a real quality about these, just escapism and fantasy.

Personally I like the colours in the first more than the colder feel of the second, all it really needs is a bit more mid tone contrast.

Thanks Craig. I'm not sure I have the software tools to adjust mid-tone contrast: just DXO OP, Lightroom. GIMP and On-One photo suite. No photoshop here.

Back