Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
EDITED AS PLAN MADE!

26th January 2013 meeting in Greenwich, London to have a wander round the park, observatory, local ship base sights, naval college and the Ansel Adams exhibition at the national maritime museum.

I would propose that we meet at 9.30-10am in the Starbucks by the Cutty Sark DLR station (I am going by google maps here, so hopefully it is right!) and go from there. The exhibition is open from 10am to 5pm.

Attending:

menthel (Jim)
Woodsy (Jonathan)
Andysnap (err.... Andy Capp)
MindofMel (Mel)
mothdust (Charlotte)
donutagain (Geraldine)
RaglanSurf (Nick)
robhooley167 (Rob)
FruitFlakes (Lloyd)
Threeracers (Mark)
onform (Matt)
sidxms (I am going to call you Sid)
JB131 (James)
Strappy (dean)
medwaygreen (Richard)
ChrisR (Chris)
?Ebilpirate (Matt)
?tezmed (Terry)
dkh (Dilip)
Footman (Laurence)
Bastic (Lukas)

Last edited:
I'd be keen, sure. Taking photos in London on the LF won't be particularly easy though :/

We could always not go to the usual places. Alternative venues are always welcome. As are alternative times of day! ;)

Might be able to get darn sarf in January, suggestions for dates?

Andy

Bloody London....:p

I'll have my own meet. In Liverpool. With cameras!

if you are thinking early January Jim ,, i would be up for the 4th or 5th ( fri -sat ) then my next weekend is the 26th - 27th ???????????????????????

London! do it.

Happy to take people off the beaten track! I'm not walking down southbank! :LOL:

All of you bring all the gear I am debating wasting my student loan on!

No problem Mel, I'm sure I have a few gems I need to find a new home for :LOL:

Interested but it would have to be after the 18th as i have exams til then

Lets give ourselves a little time. How about 26th of January? All suggestions for a venue are gratefully received. We won't do southbank!

Thinking about my M6, even if I don't have it back it will be a good excuse to exercise the Rolleiflex and trip!

It all depends on exams/essays for me. Agreed on the SB though, even if it is my default spot for whenever head out with someone since it's a nice place to walk/talk/take photos. Camden perhaps? Brick Lane?

It all depends on exams/essays for me. Agreed on the SB though, even if it is my default spot for whenever head out with someone since it's a nice place to walk/talk/take photos. Camden perhaps? Brick Lane?

We did that last time (y)

Bloody London....:p

I'll have my own meet. In Liverpool. With cameras!

No reason why we can't do both, obviously not at the same time though....:D

I'd definitely be up for a meet in the Pool sometime. Lots of us North westies about.

Andy

No reason why we can't do both, obviously not at the same time though....:D

I'd definitely be up for a meet in the Pool sometime. Lots of us North westies about.

Andy

I would be up for the 'Pool as it's a little closer (y)

well if the people decide on the 26th i will be there .( if its a fillum only meet :) )

Last edited:
those who are up for the 26th ,,,,,

come on down and i'll scre,,, er offer to develope the odd roll of film ,if it can be done in id11 ( i'll even scan it for you and put it on a disc )

I wouldn't mind going somewhere a little quieter and away from the throngs of tourists.

How's about a chilly London park? We could do Richmond or bushy. Bushy has the added bonus of Hampton court...

Sorry for the double post but just want to ask for ideas now really. Have changed the thread title to reflect the date.

Bushey Park and Hampton Court?
Richmond Park?
Greenwich and all the excitements it holds?
Raynes Park? ;)

Any preferences or other ideas?

menthel said:
Sorry for the double post but just want to ask for ideas now really. Have changed the thread title to reflect the date.

Bushey Park and Hampton Court?
Richmond Park?
Greenwich and all the excitements it holds?
Raynes Park? ;)

Any preferences or other ideas?

I'd be up for this and West London parks are perfect for me but it will add nearly another hour to the journey for those travelling in by train from north of Watford.

I'd be up for this and West London parks are perfect for me but it will add nearly another hour to the journey for those travelling in by train from north of Watford.

I think that is the problem. Anything that is not central racks up the travel time for non-Londoners. Greenwich might be better in that respect but it is East London and I don't really know anything about that part of the world. I have heard that there are dragons and men with their eyes in thier chests that live there!

menthel said:
I have heard that there are dragons and men with their eyes in thier chests that live there!

This is, of course, very true but I believe that they can be placated sometimes even tamed by offering jellied eels and a cup of Rosie lee.

And some shiny baubles for their pearly king/queen outfit. Not that I can talk, I am born from official cockney stock! ;)

The extra travelling doesn't bother me. I'm a tough Northerner and am used to travelling many miles over rough ground and snow in freezing temperatures in search of food. However I haven't been to Greenwich since I wer' a nipper so that would be nice as well.

Andy

I am starting to favour greenwich as it does have a few things going for it, mainly the park, the observatory and also the naval college buildings. Anyone photographed round their before?

Sounds good to me, lots of interesting buildings etc and the park. Best of both worlds.

Open to newbies?

Canterbury here and up for a photo meet. London is only an hour away

regards

Mark

Threeracers said:
Open to newbies?

Canterbury here and up for a photo meet. London is only an hour away

regards

Mark

As always! As long as you bring a film camera. ;)

I'd love to make it but it's a bit too far for me. However if you are going to Greenwich you could also take in the Ansel Adams exhibition at the National Martime Museum

wickerman said:
I'd love to make it but it's a bit too far for me. However if you are going to Greenwich you could also take in the Ansel Adams exhibition at the National Martime Museum

I had thought about that possibility. I really would like to see the exhibition.

Oooh, I like that.

As always! As long as you bring a film camera. ;)

I almost exclusively use film so no worries there :)

And although I have seen the Ansel Adams exhibition I would be happy to see it again so another vote for Greenwich as a location.

regards

Mark

Andysnap said:
Oooh, I like that.

Looks like a plan is forming! I will just check the dates.

Threeracers said:
I almost exclusively use film so no worries there :)

And although I have seen the Ansel Adams exhibition I would be happy to see it again so another vote for Greenwich as a location.

regards

Mark

Good news! We have actually allowed people to use digital cameras on an f&c meet before. The rest of us just gather round and tut. ;)

Looks like Greenwich then!

Back