Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Pull up a chair Will, everyone's welcome.

As an aside, I shall be coming down to that London on the friday with the family and stopping in Greenwich so I shall be at the meeting place nice and early.

Andy

That's a cunning plan Mr Snap, you're not as green as you're cabbage looking, as my old Gran used to say.

Hrímfaxi;5210413 said:
Mind if a keen beginner-ish to film comes along, with a dinosaur Chinon CS?

Very much willing to learn more about the darkside of film! :wacky:

Hopefully, I won't be booked up on that date - will be able to find out ASAP.

I will stick you on the list!

Thank you, brilliant.

I have decided to make myself "unbookable" that day, the perks of freelancing... for once hah.

Looking forward to it, i'll be easy to recognise... :p

Hrímfaxi;5211045 said:

Are you green and will your tongue be sticking out?

If so, you probably will be easy to spot, although we're not the most observant bunch :LOL:

is there any decent car parking near there Terry ?? much easier for me to drive

car parking in the area is great to be honest.... there are pay and display car parks, but are limited to 4 hour sessions and are pretty expensive to be honest.....

if you come out of greenwich to deptford where i am theres ample of free of charge parking (where i leave my motor) which is a slow 10 min stroll away (best and cheapest area to park would be off evelyn street se8- all the other stations are right next to stations and have pathetic permit holder time restrictions

if im at home and not working i dont mind making teas/coffee for people and all go down together if people want?? im just trying to ensure ive got day off ast the moment....

Hrímfaxi;5211045 said:
Thank you, brilliant.

I have decided to make myself "unbookable" that day, the perks of freelancing... for once hah.

But how will we know in what way you will be easily recognized if you don't tell us in what way you are easily recognizable? If I see someone 6' 10" with pink hair will I think its you.....? :D

But how will we know in what way you will be easily recognized if you don't tell us in what way you are easily recognizable? If I see someone 6' 10" with pink hair will I think its you.....? :D

Waist length hair and tendency to wear patched up denim jackets with all manor of extreme metal patches - stand out like a sore thumb in anything other than a gig scenario haha

I'll tame it down a bit.. :LOL:

No need to tame it down Will, I'm 6' 10" with pink hair so.......:LOL:

thanks Terry , i'll have a look on the map when i can ,,,

Will ,,,what era do your patches come from ????
and what part of Kent are you from ? might be able to sort out some transport if its on my way ,,,,and that goes to Mark and Richard if ( you ) they are both still up for the day

let me know chaps

Terry : I was tempted to suggest parking at the shared store car park between pets at home and wicks on the hill up into blackheath. I have never noticed parking restriction signs there.

Terry's suggestion is less of a gamble. I would be gutted if anyone got clamped or towed after taking my suggestion, it seems every square inch of private land in London has a shady private parking enforcement operator hiding behind a bush.

Last edited:
The nearest car parks are the Cutty sark Gardens in Welland street and the Burnley street car park behind the same name market, I do not know the cost, but it cannot be more than any other car park in the London suburbs.

The other option to try is of off Maze Hill take Westcombe park road into Vanbrugh hill follow the road down and there are lots of residential roads that it may be possible to park in, if you are lucky it is only a 10/15 minute walk to Starbucks.

Cutty Sark Gardens car park I'm pretty sure is £2.50 an hour, which is fine if there's a few of you sharing the cost.

I will be jumping on public transport personally- train, jubilee line then DLR. And yes, I will be standing at the front of the DLR train pretending to drive.

I will be jumping on public transport personally- train, jubilee line then DLR. And yes, I will be standing at the front of the DLR train pretending to drive.

I'll think you'll find that the driver's seat is mine although I may allow you to be co-pilot :LOL:

and what part of Kent are you from ? might be able to sort out some transport if its on my way ,,,,and that goes to Mark and Richard if ( you ) they are both still up for the day

let me know chaps

Well, one jacket is covered with NWOBHM and original 80's Thrash patches, got a few late 70's Sabbath patches about too. :cool:
Other jacket is all later bands, 90's onwards.

As for being in Kent, only just scrape it really haha, In Beckenham - A bit out the way from North Kent, plus getting into town is no problem for me - Thanks for the heads up though! (y)

I'll be the one with a severe stoop from carrying my RB67, probably have a big rucksack with a tripod strapped to it (y) might have to bring a flatcap to represent t'north too :D

The RB67, now that's real heavy metal :D

I should imagine I will be poncing around with an M6, Rolleiflex T and my trusty Oly Trip!

let me know chaps

Yes, I am in Gillingham, will be there, but not sure how at the moment, probably by car so I have flexibility on the times.
Really looking forward to the day.

(y)

Hrímfaxi;5212271 said:
Well, one jacket is covered with NWOBHM and original 80's Thrash patches, got a few late 70's Sabbath patches about too. :cool:
Other jacket is all later bands, 90's onwards.

As for being in Kent, only just scrape it really haha, In Beckenham - A bit out the way from North Kent, plus getting into town is no problem for me - Thanks for the heads up though! (y)

damn , just reminded me how old i am ,,,,i didnt think there were any heavy metal bands into the 80's ..90's :LOL:

Can i be put down as a very possible for this..I dont shoot film though ;)

hey Dave , how you doing ? would be good to see you again ,,but if you turn up with a dslr ,,,,,,im either going to tie you to the nearest tree by your testicles , or make you listen to trucking tales ( which ever is the most painful ) lend him a film camera someone ffs :LOL:

hey Dave , how you doing ? would be good to see you again ,,but if you turn up with a dslr ,,,,,,im either going to tie you to the nearest tree by your testicles , or make you listen to trucking tales ( which ever is the most painful ) lend him a film camera someone ffs :LOL:
How ya doin..;)..no good lendin me a film camera,wouldnt know what to do wiv it..:D..
Wonder if this could be "Digital Discrimination"..:LOL:

good thats settled then ,,,,i've got a NIKON f65 for you , with a film in it that i will sort for you ,,,,look forward to seeing you

OK filmies, I need your help, If I decide to bring my Bronica ETRS kit it will be the only kit I could manage, because of weight plus lenses,tripod etc. I have other camera,s that I have not used in anger, so with this selection of bodies and lenses what would you do.
Bodies.
Nikon: FE, FA,F3,F5.
Lenses: Vivitar series 1 28mm f2.5, Nikkor 28mm f3.5, Nikkor 50mm f1.8.
Lastly my latest addition Voigtlander R3A with Nokton classic 40mm f1.4.

So its the Bronica or any combination of two listed.

Please help an old man decide :).

What ever you do, please don't bring the F3 or F5... It'll only make me want to buy them :D

On a serious note though, I personally would bring the ETRS (and kit) only. Call me a snob :D but the smaller formats... well, they're just not medium format are they! Would you rather nail a shot on MF or 35mm? That said, I'm only bringing one camera, and it isn't the RB67.

Woodsy said:
That said, I'm only bringing one camera, and it isn't the RB67.

I'm only bringing one camera and it is the RB67 ;)

How is the RB these days mate? Still suffering from the usual collection of problems only you seem to be unlucky enough to encounter? :D

:wave: trolololol

Woodsy said:
How is the RB these days mate? Still suffering from the usual collection of problems only you seem to be unlucky enough to encounter? :D

:wave: trolololol

It's working perfectly-ish, it's had a problem since I bought it where when cocking the shutter, the ratchet doesn't engage, it uncocks itself and fires the shutter, which is a right ballache although it only happens every now and again.

Other than that there is nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of percussive maintenance and WD-40 (y)

I am unable to make the meet on the 26th as I am on Standby that weekend with work, pity as it is my birthday on the 25th and I could have combined the 2 with a weekend away.

So as I am having to go to London to collect my new (to me ) Devere 507 enlarger, I am going up tomorrow to see the Ansel Adams exhibition will stay in a Croydon Hotel overnight and then collect the enlarger on Monday before driving back to Plymouth on New Years Eve.

Thanks Jonathan for your reply and I guess it makes sense, so I am going to bring my Bronica with film backs loaded and one lens, I have to choose between a 50mm PE, 100mm MC and 150mm, I think it will be the 100mm which I believe will suite the day more.

I might sneak in the Bessa, it should fit into my pocket on the walk around, now film, what film :).

Back