Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

Excellent. I suspect that it would be a good place to synchronize watches....

Andysnap said:
Excellent. I suspect that it would be a good place to synchronize watches....

In traditional f&c style? People coming in dribs and drabs over an hour! ;)

Count me in... I might even bring my 4x5 if I can get the lens fixed/serviced.. the shutter is very sticky!! I'm banking on you filum boys especially Woodsy give me some pointers.

So is it Greenwich on the 26th for definite? If it is and we are going to do the Ansel Adams's exhibition I think we have to book.

No reason why we can't do both, obviously not at the same time though....:D

I'd definitely be up for a meet in the Pool sometime. Lots of us North westies about.

Andy

I have to venture north twice sometime in the near future (Jan/Feb) so if I can combine the journeys then I'd be up for a visit to Liverpool.

Count me in... I might even bring my 4x5 if I can get the lens fixed/serviced.. the shutter is very sticky!! I'm banking on you filum boys especially Woodsy give me some pointers.

I'd be keen, sure. Taking photos in London on the LF won't be particularly easy though :/

Well, if I bring the Nagaoka that will be 3 of us slowing the rest of the group down, we'll even make Rob look like a shoot from the hip snapper :LOL:

I could well be up for this. Will we be stopping for refreshments mid route? :beer:

I will look at the site tomorrow re the exhibition. As for beer, we usually manage some'

I could well be up for this. Will we be stopping for refreshments mid route? :beer:

Usually we manage to stop at the beginning and the end of film meets and TBH most points in between, some folk don't even manage to get their cameras out :LOL:

I'm up for this, haven't been to Greenwich in years and it'd be a good way to work on my resolution to take more shots next year. :)

So then chaps, are we confirmed for sat 26th January? Just so that Nikki (my better half) and I can book train tickets? Worry not, she shoots film as well :D

We've been to the Ansel exhibition already, but could certainly go again. We didn't have to book, it's just a case of turning up... Or at least it was when we went three weeks ago in late November. Also, would it be possible to hash out an approx meet time, and where exactly? (again, so that we can plan and book travel) :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to this :) I hope people won't mind me asking too many stupid questions, especially if odd/large format cameras are brought along!

I think I would be up for this and Greenwich will be a great venue, the park, architecture, market,river and cutty sark all within a short walk and the last time I went a good pie and mash shop. :)

I have edited the first post to include all the details.

Greewich it is. I will personally give the Pie and Mash a miss though. Jellied eels? Liquor? :puke: :puke:

I'd be interested in this if you don't mind an old fella with a Pentax or two...

Looking like I will be able to get to Greenwich for about 10 ish. Can't get to Euston till 09.00 so about an hour to Greenwich with a fair wind.

Andy

Looking like I will be able to get to Greenwich for about 10 ish. Can't get to Euston till 09.00 so about an hour to Greenwich with a fair wind.

Andy

Great. I thought there wouldn't be much point in starting too early as there are a lot of long journeys to be taken into account.

Nikki and I should be able to make it into Victoria for 09:30, then make our way to Greenwich for ~10:00. Looking forward to it! Let's book the weather soon as well? :D

Woodsy said:
Nikki and I should be able to make it into Victoria for 09:30, then make our way to Greenwich for ~10:00. Looking forward to it! Let's book the weather soon as well? :D

I will see what I can do...

It'll take me about 30 minutes to get from Reading into Paddington, then another hour to get across town to Greenwich. I'll aim to get there around 9.30am, which allows for my train to be cancelled and for me to catch the later one, as per the trip to Bristol.

Integrated public transport system, my aunt Fanny :bat:

Strappy said:
It'll take me about 30 minutes to get from Reading into Paddington, then another hour to get across town to Greenwich. I'll aim to get there around 9.30am, which allows for my train to be cancelled and for me to catch the later one, as per the trip to Bristol.

Integrated public transport system, my aunt Fanny :bat:

Getting to London is usually the easy bit. Getting from one place to another in London is another matter entirely! ;)

Chaps, would it be possible to have peoples real names added to the forum names in the OP? I know some are under the respective avatars, but it might make things easier :D

Woodsy said:
Chaps, would it be possible to have peoples real names added to the forum names in the OP? I know some are under the respective avatars, but it might make things easier :D

I will see what I can do!

i ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, am Michael Caine ,,,,,,,,oh no i'm not , just think of a four letter word and call me that . be good to see you again Jon ,the last time was when some bright spark came up with the idea to walk around London all night

I would suggest booking. I was at the exhibition first sat of the month and it was very busy. In fact it was almost so busy it was in the cusp if ruining the experience for me.

I live in greenwich borough, know greenwich well and although work and very young son make it hard to make any advance commitment to something like this I might try to put in an appearance.

Ebilpirate said:
I would suggest booking. I was at the exhibition first sat of the month and it was very busy. In fact it was almost so busy it was in the cusp if ruining the experience for me.

I live in greenwich borough, know greenwich well and although work and very young son make it hard to make any advance commitment to something like this I might try to put in an appearance.

Thanks for the hint. Hope you can join us for our wander round, it would be good to have a local with us!

i ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, am Michael Caine ,,,,,,,,oh no i'm not , just think of a four letter word and call me that . be good to see you again Jon ,the last time was when some bright spark came up with the idea to walk around London all night

Likewise :) Yes indeed! That was some time ago now! I do remember getting a shot I was rather happy with though, so wasn't "too" bad an idea :D Before that must have been Dungeness?!

i'd be up for attending this- providing im off work this day.

i'm lucky in only living a couple of minutes walk down the road from the starbucks in question (although i cant say ive ever used the tax dodging caffeine source prior....)

will be interesting to get out n about more locally to find out what delights are nearby- as im normally the one that travels lol

Likewise :) Yes indeed! That was some time ago now! I do remember getting a shot I was rather happy with though, so wasn't "too" bad an idea :D Before that must have been Dungeness?!

good old Dungenessy ,,,, maybe an all nighter in the summer sometime :)

i'm lucky in only living a couple of minutes walk down the road from the starbucks in question (although i cant say ive ever used the tax dodging caffeine source prior....)

is there any decent car parking near there Terry ?? much easier for me to drive

Other names added and real names also put on. Some may not be entirely accurate.

I like the Dungeness idea by the way, its a great place!

Oy, thats Mr Capp to you matey and I'm pleased to see James Dean will be coming along...:D

Rebel without a corpse.......sorry

Mind if a keen beginner-ish to film comes along, with a dinosaur Chinon CS?

Very much willing to learn more about the darkside of film! :wacky:

Hopefully, I won't be booked up on that date - will be able to find out ASAP.

Pull up a chair Will, everyone's welcome.

As an aside, I shall be coming down to that London on the friday with the family and stopping in Greenwich so I shall be at the meeting place nice and early.

Andy

Back