Greenwich and Ansel Adams Exhibition Film Meet, 26th Jan 2013

:nono: Careful what you admit to, you may find you can't get in even after 25 posts and 60 days... :rules:

(this is one area where we don't have a sense of humour btw! We waste hours of our time sorting the nightmare that is the classies, and just take a pretty dim view of anyone "raiding the classifieds")

Waah! Joke! Honestly, it is pure unadulterated vanity that keeps me posting stuff. Ask anyone! :D

Haha, ok so it's true, I am yet to dev my two b&w shots from the day, but only through lack of time! Honest! The colour stuff should get sent off to peak soon-ish... I have a few more frames to take before sending all 10 at once. Just need some nice weather at a time when I am free to take photos now!

^^ Very interesting thread. I think I'll stick with the C330f for the moment though.

Andy

A bit of Provia 100F from me

Scan-130224-0003_zps09e014a3.jpg

Superb stuff Ali, love the one of Lukas. He looks like a scientist at work.
Your processing is a real eye opener to me, very much the sort of look I would like to achieve when I finally start serving my own stuff.

Andy

Really like this one Rob, lovely exposure and composition.

Thanks Andy! :) My processing, sadly, nothing special. It's all available in the 'Develop' tab of Adobe Lightroom. Only recently started using the Develop stuff as mostly use lightroom for tagging, cataloguing and archiving my digital and scanned stuff. (it tells me I have 112,000 images. J**zus..) It makes backups of everything to 2 separate hard disks, which I then also backup. Cue my pet rant: If there is one thing that I want to make sure all the photographers I know, know, it's that 3 copies of your digital stuff, on 3 different disks or 'the cloud', is the bare minimum. Every disk does 'ping' eventually, and that can be a devastating loss of hard work. Rant over.. must switch to decaff..

Don't know what building it is Rob, but I do like the way you've framed it.

Cheers Asha (y) It's one of the spires of the Greenwich Naval College in London

They both look good to me mate. I think that the first one is less eye-catching simply because we all took the same shot so we've seen iy already but from a technical point of view its a stunner.

Andy

Jonathan,

I think that #1 is a stunning shot as Andy said it has been seen before, but I think you have bought a symmetry in both composition and the balance of light, if that tarpaulin covered crap on the LH, which blighted other shots were not there then well, who knows.

With regard to #2, I must say that I am not keen apart from the RH third which for me in detail terms is wonderful, keeping the whole bush in crop and try an upright landscape:).

I am sure with a bit of work it would be a stunner.

Richard.

I've just looked through the images in this thread, and it's amazing how different the colonnade shots are!

I'm going to see exhibition this coming Thursday finally ;) as I didn't go after the meet.

Our students will be performing music to it:) so got free staff tickets;)

Quality work Jim.

Thirdeded, very nice indeed.

Great work, Jim. Can't say I'm that keen on your model in a couple of those shots though as he doesn't seem to know what to do with his hands. The big idiot.

;)

Great work, Jim. Can't say I'm that keen on your model in a couple of those shots though as he doesn't seem to know what to do with his hands. The big idiot.

;)

Thanks. I think you did know what you were up to though, that burger went quickly enough! ;)

Thanks. I think you did know what you were up to though, that burger went quickly enough! ;)

Agreed, very professional burger consumption, on the other hand your Yashica work needs some practice :LOL:

Back