Hadrons 52 for 21 Week 3 - Stone. Technique - Filling the frame

Edit My Images
No
Week 0's attempt, Nearby. We unearthed this whilst clearing the garden when we first moved in to this house so its fairly nearby. It makes quite a nice, if somewhat macabre, feature i suppose :)

Shelly Cat by James, on Flickr

Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Interesting garden 'feature', could make a good game for visiting childen to find the grave :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Nice image, would also look good in sepia I reckon.

minx

Papillon
Edit My Images
Yes
An unusual feature indeed, I like the purple tones of the leaves.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Nicely shot.... and RIP Shelley Cat :(

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
Definitely an unusual thing to find. Must have been very well loved to go to the effort of etching the name in stone! Nice take.

Fuji Dave

Teacher's Pet
Name
FUJI SON
Edit My Images
No
Good colours and lighting, lovely image.

OP
Hadron
Edit My Images
No
I was a bit stuck this week (still life's not really my thing) but came across this stocking filler of my sons :)

Week 1 Fruit by James, on Flickr

OP
Hadron
Edit My Images
No
Thanks chaps, as for the reflections it’s simply stood on a wet roofing slate :)

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Clever take on the theme and well shot :)

Name
Dominic
Edit My Images
Yes
Fruit
Not something you see everyday. It's nicely exposed and a good strong reflection.

Cobra

Staff member
Name
Phitt, Hissy Phitt
Edit My Images
No
That's certainly not something you come across on a day to day basis :D
Well thought out

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
There are some really imaginative shots coming through.. well thought out and nicely executed.

Edit My Images
Yes
I like your ladybug / avocado / slate very much! It is well executed, and the little reflections from the water on the slate work nicely with the composition.

OP
Hadron
Edit My Images
No
Week 02 Dirty ... I took this at work and hopefully it semi fits the brief. I’m not entirely happy with it but to be fair I probably didn’t make life easy for myself. Firstly it wasn’t the ideal location but given the current situation I think it would be a bit of a push to claim it was reasonable to drive elsewhere. Secondly it’s also a self portrait and setting the 10s self timer, legging it to the truck and then giving it a boot full made getting the timing right ermm.... interesting :ROFLMAO:

_DSC1165 by James, on Flickr

View: https://flic.kr/p/2ktqYUr

Last edited:
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Looks like a nice take on the theme. Personally I'd much rather see it a decent size here rather than having to click through a small pic.

OP
Hadron
Edit My Images
No
Looks like a nice take on the theme. Personally I'd much rather see it a decent size here rather than having to click through a small pic.
Ahh! Slight technical hitch:rolleyes: Is that better (I was trying to be clever and do it on my phone, never works:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: )
Thanks for pointing it out (y):ty:

Name
bill boyd
Edit My Images
No
I like the exposure and the composition of the shot Hadron but for me, because we can't see any movement in the wheels, it seems like the car is standing still and dirt is just being thrown at it.

Maybe it would look better with a radial blur from Photoshop applied to the tires?

OP
Hadron
Edit My Images
No
I like the exposure and the composition of the shot Hadron but for me, because we can't see any movement in the wheels, it seems like the car is standing still and dirt is just being thrown at it.

Maybe it would look better with a radial blur from Photoshop applied to the tires?
Thanks for the feedback, I know exactly what you mean about the lack of “movement” in the shot and quite agree, it’s one of the many aspects I’m not too happy with. I took the decision to go with a high shutter speed as obviously I couldn’t pan and wanted the truck to be sharp. I may very well try your suggestion of some photoshop magic and see if it helps.
Thanks again for taking the time :)

LC2

Negan
Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Having read your description, there was no way to do a pan, so actually I do feel the movement. It's the mud flying up, which is just about enough to show that the truck is moving. I think it's nicely done given the constraints you had. Very impressive to have the truck in the right place for the image to be taken for a start !!!

OP
Hadron
Edit My Images
No
Having read your description, there was no way to do a pan, so actually I do feel the movement. It's the mud flying up, which is just about enough to show that the truck is moving. I think it's nicely done given the constraints you had. Very impressive to have the truck in the right place for the image to be taken for a start !!!
Thanks for your comments, believe me I had a LOT of shots just the tail lights before this one:LOL:

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Love how you look like you're trying to escape the camera instead of the "has it taken the shot yet?" look :)

The tyres and the dirt flinging through the air work really well and it's an unusual take on the theme. 10/10 for effort and original thinking!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I think given the technical challenges you faced, you did really well. I suspect @Darkslinger had the answer with a bit of introduced radial blur.