Hello from Nottingham

Edit My Images
No
Hello!

I'm Ryan, and I've taken far too long to join a community! I've been playing with my camera for around 10 years, and perhaps more seriously for around 7, although I still feel nervous about showing off my work. My main focus is landscape and wildlife, although I have dabbled with models and even shot a friends wedding (never again...). Now I am starting to take things more seriously still and am trying hard to develop my skills and portfolios.

I use a blog to provide a bit of focus for my photography and am slowly starting to enter one or two competitions and so on.

I'm looking forward to exploring the forum, hopefully making some friends, hopefully learning a lot.

Nice to meet you all.

Last edited:
Hi Ryan, Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Ryan .... welcome! Im Nottingham based as well and landscapes are my passion! Usually in the peaks!

Hi Ryan, Hi, And welcome to the forum, enjoy :wave:

Thanks everyone! Mark Twiglet - the Peaks are my favourite too, I'll be there this weekend hopefully! Planning an overnight to catch the sunrise, although I can't really decide where

Thanks everyone! Mark Twiglet - the Peaks are my favourite too, I'll be there this weekend hopefully! Planning an overnight to catch the sunrise, although I can't really decide where

Where do you go generally?
I was up there all night two weeks ago shooting stars and sunrise!
Up curbar last night for lovely sunset! Last weekend st marys lighthouse and angel of the north!

Winnats and mam tor my fave spots

Do you belong to a local club? There are plenty about

I usually go to the Edale valley and almost always end up on Kinder, last time I was there I slept out just above Grindsbrook clough and got the dawn over the valley. This time I'm thinking of making myself break the trend and head to Lost Lad or somewhere close by and get the edges at dawn, or I might sleep in the woods near Win hill and either get the valley or the reservoir on the other side

I love Mam and the great ridge though! Trouble is, it's where I always go, haha!

I'm not in any clubs, I work away from home so spend my week nights in Suffolk, generally spend what time I can at the weekends at Attenborough nature reserve or get out to the peaks if I have the time

Cool! I do goto the roaches as well ! Love it thete

It's just such a stunning place! I'm going to Felixstowe for a bit of a change on Wednesday this week, I was there last week but forgot my filters! Found a lovely, very classic composition of some rocks in the tide line but couldn't get a long enough exposure to soften the water enough for it to work. I have them this week though!

How near???

Welcome from a near Nottingham member, enjoy.

Ashby.... yeah that's close! Mate I go out with is in long eaton

Ashby.... yeah that's close! Mate I go out with is in long eaton
Sorry only just received notification of post. I am originally from Nottingham but moved away a few years back. I still visit Wollaton and Keyworth.

I'm from near Long Eaton too - Chilwell (perfect for Attenborough reserve)

We must get a meet up together! Soon

Back