Hello new people, from the TP Team :)

Hi I'm new to this site, my friend fatphotographer suggested I joined up. I haven't been into photography for that long, but have always had a keen eye for a decent picture/image..

I've got really interested in macro and am in the process of setting myself up with all the gear (& no idea)...:D

From what I can see in the forums, I've a lot to learn, but am loving the fact I can learn so much on here...

I'm moving to Honduras at the end of Feb and am excited about what I can photograph there, I can't wait to share it with you all...

Foxy

I'm moving to Honduras at the end of Feb and am excited about what I can photograph there, I can't wait to share it with you all...Foxy

and we need pics..................(y)

Hello :) Just found this site by searching for photography IRC channels. Thought I'd join the forum first. :D

Hi everyone... I dabbled in a bit of 35mm photography quite a few years ago and now the kids are grown I've got myself into the 21st Century with a DSLR! :D

Here's to a long and happy membership!!

:wave: ...Hello and :welcome: to the great TP forae FM... :D

Enjoy but I think you've got it all wrong... :cautious: ...most members here seem to be heading for either of the latest technologies... :thinking:

Fillum Cameras or Fone Cameras... :shrug: ...get a grip... :LOL:

:p

:bonk:

I am a VERY late convert to photograpy, and am looking forward to being inspired to great things though your forums.

As you can see from the smilie choice above, I am getting on a bit and losing some of my faculties... I thought the smillie was a good one for this post, as it depicted a man raising his hat in greeting.

A further look (with the aid of my glasses) shows me that, for telling you all a little about myself, it is much more appropriate that I ever could have thought

Here's to constantly appropriate exposure only

Regards, Rob

PS my chosen name here indicates the thing I fear most

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I'm new here. Decided to give photography a go now that I have some disposable income and most importantly free time to play with. I'm originally from OCUK and heard people recommend this place so decided to join. Currently don't actually have a camera but will be looking to buy one in the next few weeks.

Hey all, looking forward to getting some photo banter on these forums.

Another new one here, only recently got my DSLR so still learning all about it! Need all the help I can get.

Hi There,

I am Rosemarie and just found this forum. Hoping to see all of your photography shots and learn from you as well. Thanks for all of the hello's and greetings.
Keep seeing and shooting.

Sincerely,

Rosemarie

Hi folks - I've just stumbled across this great looking forum after a good 15 year absence from photography (recently bought a canon eos 1000d).

I'm really looking forward to Participating :)

Just discovered this forum by following a link posted on AVForums.

This looks like a great forum, and being new to photography Im hoping to pick up some tips.

Dont take my username literally, there is a perfectly good reason why I chose it.

Cheers all:)

Welcome and I think an explanation would be wise...but even that would not preclude us asking for a name and avatar change as others who don't read you explanation may be offended.....

Point taken.

As part of my job I spend most of my time visiting peoples houses. On more than one occasion I have been attacked by owners dogs and bitten quite badly.
On one occasion the only thing I could do to defend myself against a Rhodesian Ridgeback was to kick the dog and run. So my colleague nicknamed me 'Dog Kicker'.

Perhaps I should change my username, or cancel my account and sign up again?

I recommend a change...let me know what and if its available i'll change it

(note to other people, NOT you!)

Report this thread using the little triangle icon and suggest an alternative and we'll change it...also a change in avatar might be wise :)

I appreciate the explanation but it's still likely to cause problems :)

Report this thread using the little triangle icon and suggest an alternative and we'll change it...also a change in avatar might be wise :)

I appreciate the explanation but it's still likely to cause problems :)

Avater removed:)

Thread reported

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello to you too,

I've just joined this morning and I'm looking forward to getting involved.

Clown Guy

Said my 'hi' in the main forum, appears this is the place to do so again :)
Loads to read, hope I don't get too bogged down reading, rather than doing!

Hi all, I've just joined in the last couple of days. Never had a DSLR before, and don't have one yet but will be looking round the forums trying to pick up some hints and tips before I hopefully get one!

Last edited:
I've said hi but thought I'd take the opportunity to thank you for saying hi prior to me joining :D

Hi all,
joined up yesterday and loving the forums :)
i came looking for a lens but couldn't find one, however, purchased a nice new camera instead!! bonus ....
still very interested in the lens though but dont know how (or if i can) to put an ad on the wanted threads??
thanks
charlie

hello :D
joined a few days ago, thought it was about time i said hello!
I love the threads and look at them daily, I have always had a passion for photography although its always been with a standard digital compact camera....however I have decided to take the enjoyment to the next level by buying a Canon500D and loving it!
I am learning new things everyday and always wanting to learn more.
:)

Never posted here so I will introduce myself a bit more. I'm a mother of 3 kids who needs some me time and so I get my camera and other bits and bobs and go on the hunt.

I've got a real big passion for photography and won't leave the house (when going out with the family) without my camera.

I'm also very eager to learn more. I've got a wedding coming year, and a photoshoot with a big family. Hopefully more photoshoots in my place. Plenty challenges for me, next to our busy family life.

Hi all.

Already posted a thread to say hello, but thought I'd pop in here to do so as well.

hi i'm jan
i've only had my camera a matter of weeks so i'm on a steep learning curve. the main thing is the pleasure it gives me and i'm delighted with the results. my camera is panasonic lumix g2.
i joined a photographic walk group, but we don't resume now till march at least. i'm far too nervous to go out alone for fear of getting mugged.
cheers from jan

Last edited:
Back