Help with getting pure white background on product shots

Name
Daisy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place - I'm a newbie.

I'm trying to edit a photo of a bottle to have a pure white background, so it will be accepted by an online catalogue. My problem is that the bottle is clear, and the label is white, so it's hard to get the contrast I need without the label fading into the background. I've found an example online of what I need to do, so I know it's possible! I've watched a few online tutorials but I can't even find the same tools (pop-white, anybody?) and it's not getting me far.

I've tried to upload the images to an album on here, but it says the files are too big, so this is going well :LOL:

Does anyone have any tips for me? Gratefully received!

Hi Daisy,

You'd be best trying to 'cut out' your product using photoshop or similar.

Adjust this cut out until your happy with the label then just paste it into a new white background image.

Dougie.

You could try adjusting the white balance in Lightroom and get it as close to 'pure' white as you can.

You need to edit/adjust the bottle and BG separately... set the whites to ~ 240-245 for the bottle and 255 for the BG. This will require masking and could equally involve just replacing the BG.

Without seeing the product it is a bit difficult to say, but I would cut out the label and put it on a new layer, then adjust the background and bottle to pure white, and then adjust the label to the point where you are happy with it looking right.

The label will probably be easier (quicker) to cut out than the bottle.

T

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place - I'm a newbie.

I'm trying to edit a photo of a bottle to have a pure white background, so it will be accepted by an online catalogue. My problem is that the bottle is clear, and the label is white, so it's hard to get the contrast I need without the label fading into the background. I've found an example online of what I need to do, so I know it's possible! I've watched a few online tutorials but I can't even find the same tools (pop-white, anybody?) and it's not getting me far.

I've tried to upload the images to an album on here, but it says the files are too big, so this is going well :LOL:

Does anyone have any tips for me? Gratefully received!
Resize the image so it can be posted on here, there are size limits, looks like your photo is outside those limits.

Back