Hesitation...

Marcel would you be thinking of the song enquiring about the dad owning a brewery?

I would still advise you to come straight out with it and ask her if she feels like doing the wild monkey dance after class :D

she'd be made up with an offer of making the beast with 2 backs.......trust me ;)

Complicated breed, us women! :shrug:

There's nothing complicated about being a complete bunch of psychopathic, lunatic, wallet-emptying Space-Aliens from another dimension...

Men? Understand Women? Never Happen...

There's nothing complicated about being a complete bunch of psychopathic, lunatic, wallet-emptying Space-Aliens from another dimension...

Men? Understand Women? Never Happen...

Single are we? :D

Only single men would say that...Married men would say "Enigmatic" :D

I went to watch The Last Kiss last night. It's about a 29 year old who's having a quarter life crisis. I'll be 28 next week and I'm feeling a bit of "what the heck am I doing with my life?" moment. :) I'm just drifting through life now. No aim, no idea where it's headed, no one special in my life.

Just me and this forum. :LOL:

Oi! I resemble that remark! :LOL:
Actually I dont, guess I must be one of the few women who still shared a joint account with her ex for 2 years after we split ... see ... trustworthy, moi!

I'm just drifting through life now. No aim, no idea where it's headed, no one special in my life.

Just me and this forum. :LOL:
Thats called being young, and hassle free single ... njoy!
... Seriously, hope you find someone special soon, preferrably a certain senorita! ;)

Get youself a copy of the 40 year old virgin. That'll lift your spirits and make you feel better about yourself. As for the drifting thing it's not exclusive to singlies. I'm married and that's great but everything else like work, education and social life wise I'm drifting along too.

As for the drifting thing it's not exclusive to singlies. I'm married and that's great but everything else like work, education and social life wise I'm drifting along too.

Good point that. :) I guess I should realise that they're all quite separate and getting someone special won't mean my life in general will get any clearer or more of an aim. :LOL:

Does anyone know where their life is headed? :shrug:

LOL. Buy something expensive... cheer yourself up! :D

You never find what you're looking for when you're looking for it, you're more likely to trip over it. ;)

Thats called being young, and hassle free single ... njoy!

Just been thinking about this and it's true. Just a different perspective on life. I guess it's all in our frame of mind how we see a situation eh? the question is........ what should I be doing with this opportunity? :LOL:

LOL. Buy something expensive... cheer yourself up! :D

You never find what you're looking for when you're looking for it, you're more likely to trip over it. ;)

Ah hah! The shopping therapy. I did buy myself something expensive for my birthday two years ago - the Civic Type-R. :LOL: Did it make me happier? Yup. Did it improve my life in any other way? Not really! It did make me poorer though. :cautious: Plus I already bought myself the Canon 70-300mm IS a couple weeks ago. :) Shopping therapy isn't very effective in the long term really.

Get youself a copy of the 40 year old virgin. That'll lift your spirits and make you feel better about yourself.

Agreed - best film 'nearly ruined' by the title ever...

And yes buy stuff - you know...bloke stuff... new digi-box decoder with HDD and 7-day programme info...
or a new 80Gb iPod and a new laptop to put the iTunes on...
or a new Moby, camera lenses, shoes, shirts...stuff you don't need but makes you feel happy anyway...

and yes... still single, but thinner, wealthier and happier than I've been for years...

I just remembered this line from The Last Kiss movie that I saw yesterday:

What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you love. That's what matters. That's the only thing that counts.

You're getting maudlin now - go and rent the Texas Chainsaw Massacre or a John Wayne/John Ford Western DVD box set... 3 packs of Pringles and a 6-pack of Stella, you'll be right as rain by tea time... promise.

lol aye, get some mindless violence on the dvd, under siege or Platoon!

i remember being single...them was the days you didnt need permission to buy stuff, or get asked if this item of clothing looked ok, or what colour should you paint the bathroom....

Good point that. :) I guess I should realise that they're all quite separate and getting someone special won't mean my life in general will get any clearer or more of an aim. :LOL:

Does anyone know where their life is headed? :shrug:

Too right! I have someone special in my life, but I often feel that life is passing me by. I have a full time job and a mortgage but I'd love to just say 'sod it', sell up and travel the world. I go through phases (like right now) where I hate my job, but then can't think of anything else that i really want to do that will pay as well. I don't have training in anything else, and this is the only job I've ever had since leaving uni. I can't afford to go back to uni and study anything else, which I would love to do.
Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread Kamion, I'm just as fed up as you are!

I was about to ask out this girl tonight (via txt of course...) when I thought I should just run it by my cousin. You see, he has had this crush on the same girl for quite some time now. I had hoped that he was over that, but the reply I got was "Joe please dont do that to me, you know how I feel. We'll talk, ok?".

My cousin is one of my best mates, so now I'm really stuck! :p :shrug:

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread Kamion, I'm just as fed up as you are!
Well, it's not thread hijacking really. :) I think it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way and some people are in the same boat as me (though I'm sorry to hear you're in the same boat, really).

I was about to ask out this girl tonight (via txt of course...) when I thought I should just run it by my cousin. You see, he has had this crush on the same girl for quite some time now. I had hoped that he was over that, but the reply I got was "Joe please dont do that to me, you know how I feel. We'll talk, ok?".

My cousin is one of my best mates, so now I'm really stuck! :p :shrug:

Right. Now I'll put on my wise-ass hat :geek: and dish out some advice. :LOL: It's up to the girl to decide who she wants to go out with. Your cousin can't just hog her to himself cause he ain't got her yet. :p

Right. Now I'll put on my wise-ass hat :geek: and dish out some advice. :LOL: It's up to the girl to decide who she wants to go out with. Your cousin can't just hog her to himself cause he ain't got her yet. :p

You are absolutely right of course, but I'd rather keep my best mate than lose him and maybe get the girl! I'll see if I can talk him into it.

She's actually going out with someone else at the moment, but the vibes I'm getting mean I dont think she is happy.

I'm in the same boat too! (I think I'll start a thread in a wee while :))

Joe. Girls will come and go. Your cousin will always be your cousin. I'd say stand back, if he really feels for her. She'll choose yay or nay to him in the end, but if it were me I couldn't put my cousin through that sort of hurt, if I was that close to him.

/end of my part in the hijack :D

Yeah, Joe T, listen to Marcel and Jewel. I obviously gave the wrong advice! :coat:

Stuff that! Take her out, get her smashed on Blue WKD, take advantage of her while she's drunk, videotape it then send the tapes to your cousin - that way you both get to enjoy the young lady in question!!!

Children...don't try this at home - Uncle Buck is only joking...

Seriously Joe - life's too short - ask her out - your cousin will get over it.

Nah, ask her straight if she wants to hop on the good foot and do the bad thang ;)

umm you mean bump uglies?? :LOL: that's not good advice there DF :p

LOL Not heard that for a while.

You can tell the bad boys from the good ones in this thread can't you :LOL:

Welllllll?

Welllllll?

If you're asking for an update, I've not had a reply to my email. And it's mid-term this week so no class yesterday. :shake:

Right, tonight is the night. I'm going to ask her out after class. :eek:

Sh!t! I'm already feeling the butterflies and sweaty palms just thinking about it! :puke: :help:

Back