High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
No
Anyone use a flash gun on the various Sony RX? Any recommendations?
The best value currently is Godox. The basic choice is between the TT350S and TT685S (or their lithium-batteried equivalents). The differences being size, power and recycling time. If you want to use off-camera flash you can then add almost any other Godox TTL flash and the system just works.

If you want to stick with Sony then my favourite is the HVL-F43M. Note it must be the 'M' version, not the 'AM' as that has the earlier Autolok shoe and will need an adapter to work.

There's also the Nissin i40 & i60. The i40 is worth consideration but the i60 is too expensive compared with the TT685.

Edit My Images
Yes
The best value currently is Godox. The basic choice is between the TT350S and TT685S (or their lithium-batteried equivalents). The differences being size, power and recycling time. If you want to use off-camera flash you can then add almost any other Godox TTL flash and the system just works.

If you want to stick with Sony then my favourite is the HVL-F43M. Note it must be the 'M' version, not the 'AM' as that has the earlier Autolok shoe and will need an adapter to work.

There's also the Nissin i40 & i60. The i40 is worth consideration but the i60 is too expensive compared with the TT685.
Thanks for that! Will review these options. Cheers!

OP
OP
dibbly dobbler
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Are you sure this is a crow, Mike? The curve of its beak, the tuft at the base and the shaggier throat feathers suggest it's a raven. Can you remember if it said 'caw, caw, caw' or 'kronk, kronk'?
Hmm - no I'm not at all sure! I can't recall the noise it was making but I suspect you are right and it's actually a raven. Thanks :)

Edit My Images
Yes
Well a week without my RX10 3... and I bought another to replace it. It’s a cracker and decided I’m going to keep a hold of this. The quality is amazing and it’s so flexible. Few below from Monkey Village visit today.
RX308542.JPG
RX308515.JPG
RX308452.JPG

Edit My Images
Yes
After another tandem shoot yesterday with the Canon m50 and 100-400, and the RX10 - dare I say it, the RX10 seems initially sharper, and better resolution than the M50...! Pictures to follow...
View attachment 242931
View attachment 242932
View attachment 242933

Could you get a sharper shot of a robin with a 600mm?! That was wide open, even zoomed in to 200 percent it is incredibly detailed!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dibbly dobbler
Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes