High-end bridge cameras: Sony RX10, Panasonic FZ1000 etc

You can just about squeeze one into a ThinkTank MirrorlessMover 20
T-T M-M 20.jpg

But I prefer the larger MirrorlessMover 30i as it has room for a flash, table tripod or bottle of water as well as the camera. Plus the pocket at the back takes a 10.6" tablet.
T-T M-M 30i.jpg

Just ordered my RX10 IV after shifting on all my canon stuff.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good quality camera case/bag that fits this perfectly well with space for batteries and SD cards?

I’ve only got rucksacks left from the Canon stuff, which are just too big.

Thanks in advance and appreciate your advice.

That sounds like a positive “RESULT” in my book, “ENJOY”.

George.

I have mine in a Lowepro Toploader Zoom 45 AW II which seems to work well.

You can just about squeeze one into a ThinkTank MirrorlessMover 20
But I prefer the larger MirrorlessMover 30i as it has room for a flash, table tripod or bottle of water as well as the camera. Plus the pocket at the back takes a 10.6" tablet.

Thanks I'll have a look at all three. :ty:

Just wondered if someone is able to answer this question for me ?

On the RX10M4 is there a step zoom facility similar to my RX100M6 ?

George.

Just a side note - the battery on the RX10 IV is shocking - much worse than the 3!
I've found it shocking on all four versions and I don't think the IV is much different to the others. You've done the usual things like turning off pre-focus and turning on airplane mode?

I've found it shocking on all four versions and I don't think the IV is much different to the others. You've done the usual things like turning off pre-focus and turning on airplane mode?

Yes... So not sure! I think I just have high moaning powers haha

Thanks George - the lens on the RX10iii is very very good :)

With regards to sharpness etc I’ve been very impressed with some of the images on this thread. So much so that as soon as I’ve recovered enough to walk a bit further than about 100 yards I shall invest in an RX10M4. I’ll not be able to carry a full camera kit about for quite some time yet so I’m sure an RX10M4 will fulfill my needs admirably until such times that I can carry a more substantial kit about. Who knows I might just really like using it and for general walk about photography (mainly street stuff etc) it could well end up being my go to camera.

George.

Last edited:
With regards to sharpness etc I’ve been very impressed with some of the images on this thread. So much so that as soon as I’ve recovered enough to walk a bit further than about 100 yards I shall invest in an RX10M4. I’ll not be able to carry a full camera kit about for quite some time yet so I’m sure an RX10M4 will fulfill my needs admirably until such times that I can carry a more substantial kit about. Who knows I might just really like using it and for general walk about photography (mainly street stuff etc) it could well end up being my go to camera.

George.

Wish you a speedy recovery. I am confident you won't regret buying one of these; For me, the speed is far far superior to any other SLR or Mirrorless - mixed with phenomenal sensor quality I am very happy with it

Wish you a speedy recovery. I am confident you won't regret buying one of these; For me, the speed is far far superior to any other SLR or Mirrorless - mixed with phenomenal sensor quality I am very happy with it

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.

I'm well aware of the capabilities of the sensor as its the same one that is fitted to my RX100M6. The speed on that little thing is pretty good as well and I've been very impressed with the quality of the lens at all focal lengths. If the RX10M4 matches it then I'll be very pleased.(y):):)

George.

George.
I love them George but be aware they are not particularly small or light :)

I love them George but be aware they are not particularly small or light :)

Many thanks but I’m guessing the RX10M4 is still considerably lighter than my Fuji gear with the same amount of focal lengths (24-600mm equivalent) covered with various lenses.

George.

Well after another ten days recovery I can now walk about 300 yards which is getting better but not anywhere near what I'd been hoping to do by now.,

Still that's enough about me, so purely on the strength of the outstanding images & comments on this thread and a few reviews that I've read I shall order an RX10iv some time over the weekend.

I've already bought a couple of spare batteries & a charger together with a decent strap so I'll be ready to use the new unit hopefully by this time next week. I'm sure it'll do everything I want for quite a while, and I really can't wait to get using this new camera.

Thanks for your help guys., (y)

George.

Well I'm now the proud owner of a Sony RX10M4. :)

My first impressions are "Very Positive" now that I've more or less worked out most of the menu settings. The lens appears to be "Extremely Good" throughout the full zoom range with F4-F5.6 being the sharpest apertures. Although I'm mainly a fully manual togger, I have tried the auto focus and my conclusion would be its deadly accurate and probably the fastest camera/lens at auto focusing that I've ever experienced, its simply "Phenomenally Fast". The colours it produces are slightly on the cool side and sooc are not as pleasing to my eye as those produced by my Fuji gear. This is not in anyways a problem as I shoot in RAW and PP all of my snaps manually. Hope to get a few snaps posted on this thread in due course.

George.

The rear screen of my RX10ii has got the classic Sony delamination/mottling. Has anyone on here replaced the foil covering the screen (looks an easy job according to youtube).
If so do you have any recommendations as to which to use and where to get it from please?

The Sony PCK-LM15 does a good job. I also buy protectors from UK Highland (www.uKhp.co), either GGS, JJC or own brand, depending what they have for the camera I'm shopping for.

I'm going to flog my Fuji gear and am tempted to try out one of the higher end bridge cameras. I did have a FZ1000 previously and looking back it was a good all round package, which probably suited my needs. For that reason (among others) I think that I'm heading back in that direction, albeit with a more up to date model.

Would anyone here with experience of either the Lumix FZ2000 or Sony RX10 III (or even both) care to share some thoughts?

I'm going to flog my Fuji gear and am tempted to try out one of the higher end bridge cameras. I did have a FZ1000 previously and looking back it was a good all round package, which probably suited my needs. For that reason (among others) I think that I'm heading back in that direction, albeit with a more up to date model.

Would anyone here with experience of either the Lumix FZ2000 or Sony RX10 III (or even both) care to share some thoughts?

I had the FZ1000 (still got it in its Leica guise.. haha) and RX10 iii and did end up getting rid of both for the 4. If I had to go back, I would say the RX10 iii just about nudges the competition; Mostly the lens - it is phenomenally sharp and deficiently better than the Leica one. The ergonomics are not as good as on the Panasonic but it is the better choice. Sharper across the range, feels good in the hand..

By the way, I did have an FZ2000 for a short while (under a week)O but I returned as the samples I got with it just didn't have a decent clarity at the long zoom at all; for the sake of another 85mm and a touch screen, I was happier with the much much sharper V Lux 114 (FZ1000) or, even bette, the RX!0 4. So all said, I'd head for the RX10 iii

I have the RX10iii and am a big fan - there are plenty of sample pics if you browse back through the thread :)

I have the RX10iii and am a big fan - there are plenty of sample pics if you browse back through the thread :)
Thanks Mike. It’s some of your images which got me looking in more detail at this camera. Of discounted Sony for a long time, but think the RX10 might be too good to overlook.

Thanks Mike. It’s some of your images which got me looking in more detail at this camera. Of discounted Sony for a long time, but think the RX10 might be too good to overlook.
I don't think you'd be disappointed - the lens really is very sharp even wide open and at 600mm. The only downsides are it's quite bulky and you can't really use high iso (I don't go above 400 unless I have no option). Good luck if you go for it :)

I don't think you'd be disappointed - the lens really is very sharp even wide open and at 600mm. The only downsides are it's quite bulky and you can't really use high iso (I don't go above 400 unless I have no option). Good luck if you go for it :)

The sharpness certainly looks impressive and I do like a nice pin sharp,image with plenty of detail. The bulk is a consideration, but I think I’d be more comfortable carrying this around than a body and three lenses in a large bag.

The sharpness certainly looks impressive and I do like a nice pin sharp,image with plenty of detail. The bulk is a consideration, but I think I’d be more comfortable carrying this around than a body and three lenses in a large bag.

Have a look at my posting #949 on this thread for my personal findings. I’ve had the RX10M4 now for just a week and I’m absolutely bowled over with the quality of images it has produced so far. Unfortunately I’m still recovering from a longish stay in hospital so I’m unable to get out and walk too far at the moment but the shots I’ve taken around where I live are very encouraging quality wise. I too also use Fuji gear with all the Fuji lenses but that kit is too heavy for me at the moment, hence the purchase of the Sony.

George.

Back