Hmmmm, a Panasonic FF might be nice...

woof woof

I like a nice Chianti
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
No
As we seem to be going rumor and new model crazy...

The rumor is that Panasonic may introduce a FF camera...

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panaso...rst-full-frame-system-camera-on-september-25/

I've had a number of Panasonic MFT cameras and it's often been a love / hate frustrating experience so I hope they avoid past issues and present omissions get any future FF camera more right :D

I don't know if they could snatch any significant market from Canon, Nikon and Sony so maybe any FF camera will be a special niche model?

It'll be interesting to see what they do, if they do...

It will be interesting to see how Olympus acts going forward if Panasonic starts pushing a FF Mirrorless?

Yes, it would be nice if hey did FF together so that we can mix and match lenses just like with MFT :D

Olympus announced a while back that a "Super high end" camera was in the works: https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-confir...d-camera-will-be-launched-in-very-early-2019/

That could possibly be FF also, and they could share a mount with Panasonic yet again? We'll have to wait and see on that one.

But even Pany alone going for it is interesting. I've said many times on here, if the G9 had a bigger sensor a LOT more people would be very interested. It's built like a tank, has great ergo's by all accounts, has 6.5 stops of stabilization - the best on the market, it's got dual card slots, a top LCD display, tonnes of customizable function buttons, it's weather sealed, has an excellent EVF, a flip out touch screen and has a tonne of cool features inside. There's plenty of space in that body though I would say, maybe they have always been thinking ahead to this?

My credit card just got red hot !

Thought they where involved with Leica already for FF,

Interesting........???

OK full frame is the hot end of the market but:-

1) the rumour of rumour suggests it is a FF version of the GH5 which on paper appears to be targeted at the video market as the prime customer

2) one raison d'etre of m43 is the weight saving with good performing lenses compared to Nikon, Canon and Sony?

3) is the newer Panasonic generation aimed at their core market of m43 users or are they jumping on the bandwagon???

For me, as always interested in the way technology develops, I look forward to developments............................but going FF Mirrorless very unlikely if ever in the foreseeable future (based on cost, performance and weight )???

It's aimed at both the video market where they already excel, and the photographers - No other real reason to go FF, they want to lure in those who swing between both, they want to grab those who've been moaning about small sensors and that being the only reason they won't buy a G9/GH5. They already have the respect of the video community

How much will brand loyalty play a role in your deciding, if you fancy one of the new breed of FF ML incoming?

We should see Canon's offering soon, and if they do what I think, a mid-range rather than 'pro' offering, and can keep the price low-ish, I will be interested, of course I want to see what Pany do, but I fear it's going to be pricey

If you asked me F all,if I fancy a camera i’ll Buy it regardless of make,my problem is lack of spondoolies

Same here. So far I'm not at all interested in the Nikon, it's too expensive for what it is. I'm not impressed by it at all really, I hope the others have something more appealing. I won't mind having to save a bit for something a little more remarkable.

As I've just posted in another thread... Panasonic and Olympus couldn't compete with Canon and Nikon in the DSLR market and I do wonder if they can succeed in the FF mirrorless market unless they do something very niche.

I wish them well and time will tell.

Goes to show how many fanboys are on here to the big 2, when this thread gets [thankfully] ignored by the usuals who love to argue every single detail about bits of gear.
They have already snubbed the idea of this one before it's announced :D

If it turns out to be not much bigger than a G80 I'd be interested in buying one once the price drops a little.

I can see it being more akin to the size of the G9, to accommodate the larger sensor and have the same level of IBIS.

I don't think size is a problem, a Sony A7 is ff and isn't exactly a beast :D so the body needn't be too large.

I don't think size is a problem, a Sony A7 is ff and isn't exactly a beast :D so the body needn't be too large.

But Panasonic will be expected to have much better IBIS, and to do this, they need room to move the larger sensor about. It's already been reported that Nikon's Z cams are not close to M43 in terms of IBIS, with some saying they got blurred images even at 1/60th

Last edited:
so once all five mainstream manufacturers are punting there f/f mirrorless systems , is 1 the arse end going to drop out of dslr body and lens prices , 2 will the price of mirrorless go into free fall as well the market place isn't that huge once the fan boys have bought , 3 and the final crunch is will Brexit take the edge off the cake leaving us in the u.k unable to afford these items.

or will it then be profitable to make a 3 times a week run over to Dublin to stock up on cheap goods like back in the 80's .might even meet my mate Keith

Last edited:
so once all five mainstream manufacturers are punting there f/f mirrorless systems , is 1 the arse end going to drop out of dslr body and lens prices , 2 will the price of mirrorless go into free fall as well the market place isn't that huge once the fan boys have bought , 3 and the final crunch is will Brexit take the edge off the cake leaving us in the u.k unable to afford these items.

or will it then be profitable to make a 3 times a week run over to Dublin to stock up on cheap goods like back in the 80's .might even meet my mate Keith

The £ went up the other day, who knows what level it'll be at after Brexit.

And on the general subject of affording stuff, there's a lot of people on very good money these days but maybe not spending it on camera gear. The stagnating market for dslr / mirrorless in total is maybe much more of an issue than Brexit.

Could be interesting for sure. It would be nice if Olly joined the party too so we had a retro looking FF mirrorless option, after all that’s what this photography market’s all about, looking good :LOL:

Could be interesting for sure. It would be nice if Olly joined the party too so we had a retro looking FF mirrorless option, after all that’s what this photography market’s all about, looking good :LOL:

I think Fuji / Leica lead in the looks department. :)

The £ went up the other day, who knows what level it'll be at after Brexit.

And on the general subject of affording stuff, there's a lot of people on very good money these days but maybe not spending it on camera gear. The stagnating market for dslr / mirrorless in total is maybe much more of an issue than Brexit.

I totally disagree with that , used gear fetches good money , look at the prices MPB are paying and also the prices of legacy lenses on e.bay

My wish is that they do work together again, Pana-Oly, because I think it's great what they did with the M43 system, despite all the moans and groans around the world about sensor size. They showed what could be done when you have a very nice overall system, lenses a plenty, models for all budgets, and taking advantage of the limitations by creating the best IBIS systems, still! on the market - Panasonic remain video kings too. I'm with you on the looks, Oly have much prettier cameras than Pany

I think Fuji / Leica lead in the looks department. :)

I think Leica cameras are ugly, Fuji are nice in general, I don't like the RF style ones, and I'd like the XT bodies to have better grip [same with Oly cameras in general bar the em1] , otherwise they do look sweet.

Last edited:
I should really say 'some' Leica are ugly, their old film cameras were nice, but wtf with this thing:

leica-s_hasselblad_lens_1024.jpg

Is that Keith with the white van :D

LOL, it's pricier over here these days then the UK, by far I would say

Looks like a 50’s tele

Or the control panel for Red Dwarf :LOL:

They're not just hideous, they're massive too

PWP_7245-1.jpg

When their film cameras had some charm

Leica-M7.jpg

Fuji were definitely inspired by them, you could say Olympus too for the likes of their Pen series

Last edited:
I'm disappointed with Fuji though, the XT3 looks exactly like the XT2, like change it up a little at least!

O love the original x100

I owned the X100s for a while, lovely camera, just felt it was wasted as I bought it as a side cam to my D800 at the time and didn't use it near enough. Would love to have one again. Loved the built in ND filter

It was decent enough in low light too, 3200 here with very little PP

My shadow by K G, on Flickr

Sadly, I sold it on because of lack of use, and we still have the cat, only she's a LOT fatter :D

Last edited:
Back