Hmmmm, a Panasonic FF might be nice...

I totally disagree with that , used gear fetches good money , look at the prices MPB are paying and also the prices of legacy lenses on e.bay

Thanks for a reasoned counter argument there :D

Disagree all you want but all those things are factors and probably all bigger factors than Brexit.

Last edited:
You lot have it so much better than us here, we've been ass ridden for a long time, every spare penny squeezed out of us. Just even look at camera gear, since we're on here, let's say a Canon 80D. In Dublin, right now, you would have to pay €1249, body only! Which equates to in or around £1,120. Amazon UK have them for £775, and there's cheaper if you don't mind grey or white box

You lot have it so much better than us here, we've been ass ridden for a long time, every spare penny squeezed out of us. Just even look at camera gear, since we're on here, let's say a Canon 80D. In Dublin, right now, you would have to pay €1249, body only! Which equates to in or around £1,120. Amazon UK have them for £775, and there's cheaper if you don't mind grey or white box
You can’t just go around smashing ‘known truths’ like the UK consumer is shafted by the world.

FFS what next, human rights are to protect ‘everyone’?

You can’t just go around smashing ‘known truths’ like the UK consumer is shafted by the world.

FFS what next, human rights are to protect ‘everyone’?

Didn't you know? The Irish are p***ed on , hated and laughed at by everyone!? EVERYONE!

Didn't you know? The Irish are p***ed on , hated and laughed at by everyone!? EVERYONE!
Many years ago I won a competion on a local radio station to take the car over on the ferry , totally loved it got off the ferry driving slowly down the country lanes, locals spied your u.k plates and gave a friendly wave , everyone was nice . I,m surprised that your prices are that high though .

A slightly larger EM1 with FF sensor would be perfect (in silver of course ;))

Many years ago I won a competion on a local radio station to take the car over on the ferry , totally loved it got off the ferry driving slowly down the country lanes, locals spied your u.k plates and gave a friendly wave , everyone was nice . I,m surprised that your prices are that high though .

In general we are a friendly lot, I think the whole 'land of a thousand welcomes' wore out over time though. More begrudgingly friendly these days then genuine, perhaps

This is why I buy from the UK and sell used over here, rarely lose much.

Same here. So far I'm not at all interested in the Nikon, it's too expensive for what it is. I'm not impressed by it at all really, I hope the others have something more appealing. I won't mind having to save a bit for something a little more remarkable.
What like the new fuji mf rangefinder?

I was thinking what would attract me to a Panasonic FF camera...

- I like the slightly anonymous look and consumer Lumix / Panasonic branding. The kit is nice but maybe doesn't attract the attention that some other kit might in the minds of badge conscious people. Not attracting attention is a good thing :D

- I like the no nonsense clean and almost utilitarian styling, ties in with the above.

- I like that the lenses are good.

I do hope that they can scale the lenses up and that whatever FF lenses they may introduce are good too.

I was also thinking why Oly don't seem to be in on this but I remember Sony bought into them some time ago and I wonder if that's a factor as Sony may not want Oly to be competing with their A7 and A9 lines.

What would attract you lot?

I'll tell you what doesn't attract me, $3K! :D

I'll be a bit surprised if it's £3k but these days not exactly shocked :D

And even at £3k it could be a bargain if it has some feature or ability you can only get today in a camcorder thingy costing twice as much.

I don't care about video :D

I'll be a bit surprised if it's £3k but these days not exactly shocked :D

And even at £3k it could be a bargain if it has some feature or ability you can only get today in a camcorder thingy costing twice as much.

I don't care about video :D

No IBIS is the other downer, at that price especially. Who knows what they're plans are, but they will have seen all the others and read all of the rants against them. The one thing they're wise about is holding back. Sony are being quite sneaky too

What would attract you lot?
A mirrorless that matches my D850 AF performance and IQ, has at least 8fps with tracking and exposure changes, 30 shot minimum buffer in 14 bit RAW, has ergonomics as good as the EM1, weather sealing as good as the EM1, edge to edge AF points, global shutter, zero blackout EVF, zero lag EVF, all wrapped up in a package costing £1500 ;) :p

A mirrorless that matches my D850 AF performance and IQ, has at least 8fps with tracking and exposure changes, 30 shot minimum buffer in 14 bit RAW, has ergonomics as good as the EM1, weather sealing as good as the EM1, edge to edge AF points, global shutter, zero blackout EVF, zero lag EVF, all wrapped up in a package costing £1500 ;) :p

With a 12-100 2.8 kit lens bundled in :D

I see the rumors site is reporting this may use the Leica SL mount with a 50mp Panasonic Sensor and priced to compete with Sony ($3000) however not on the market until Q1 next year.
And will Leica put a badge on it and sell the same camera for £10,000 ;)

I'm definitely in the market for a full frame mirrorless at some point, the recent Canon and Nikon entries are a bit Meh! in my opinion, hopefully Panasonic or Olympus will release something that really attracts me.

If it delivers everything i want then i will find the money :)

Not for me at that price in any case. I gave up spending that much on cameras after the D800E, paid €3250 for that when it had just released. Though I did get 4+ years of use from it, and made some cash along the way, I still feel that is well over the top for a non-pro. You also have to factor in the lenses required to get the very best from those beasts and the added weight that inevitably comes with them.

Panasonic aren't going after the M43 crowd with their new FF ML, they're looking to the high end shooter, those who buy the Leica SL or Haselblad Q - they aren't abandoning, they are simply expanding. A GH6 trio is also rumored.

Fascinating times ahead. Total speculation on my part but... I wonder if this is Panasonic realising that the niche they have carved out for themselves as the kings of video/hybrid cameras is slowly being encroached upon by some rivals that are starting to offer similar feature sets but with bigger sensor benefits. Or maybe there are bigger margins to be made at this end of the market. Hope they still continue with m4/3 development though.

I honestly think the rumor sites need to back off, by the time actual information is released we're already bored of the idea.

Wonder if they will have a mock up or more detailed information at Photokina.
My daughter is there next Wednesday and Thursday, will have to ask her to keep a lookout for it

It's nothing to do with your latest link, just in general. By the time actual details emerge, it's all a bit 'meh.

Simples then, avoid them.

I take a look now and again as I find it... interesting, entertaining even. I don't tend to like stuff like Big Brother and TOWIE and more than that I find them annoying so I avoid them by not watching them on TV, not clicking on any links and not reading about them in the media.

Years ago I used to be into cars and I'd follow the news but these days I can't be bothered.

Simples then, avoid them.

I take a look now and again as I find it... interesting, entertaining even. I don't tend to like stuff like Big Brother and TOWIE and more than that I find them annoying so I avoid them by not watching them on TV, not clicking on any links and not reading about them in the media.

Years ago I used to be into cars and I'd follow the news but these days I can't be bothered.

Oh don't start that b******t the 'avoid it then' crap. It's everywhere, it's unavoidable, if you're into photography you're going to see all the rumors. Take your own advice, avoid my posts perhaps before the usual irritating 'advice'. I expect that crap from the regular know-it-all lecturers, didn't think you were one. God forbid anyone would just say it as it is on here

Last edited:
Back