How about this picture?

you need to show us the picture not a link :)

wanted to know where I am missing and what are the things in this picture related to lights which I need to focus and can make it better.

Here are some suggestions Roshni:

• tweak the horizon
  • repair the black areas and the corniche —I went very fast on that! :eek:
  • tweak the DRL
  • tonal taming for micro contrast
I suggest, as well, you don't consider only the subject
in the frame but everything the will be recorded too!

EDIT: My suggestions I have removed!
T

T

Last edited:
Plenty of time to get your suggestions in. OP won't be back in until some time between 6am-7am and it might not be this thread they decide to post on tomorrow.

& maybe posting pics taken with a different camera to stated. :rolleyes:

Hello Mates,

I tried sharing the pictures but it was not happening that's why I shared the link.

Hello Mates,

I tried sharing the pictures but it was not happening that's why I shared the link.

You should be able to post a picture direct from your PC. Just resize to 1000 pixels or less on the longest side and keep it below (I don't know what the forum rules are but between 100ona 400k is ok, I think...)

By the way, I think you have the makings of a nice picture there :D

Here are some suggestions Roshni:

• tweak the horizon
  • repair the black areas and the corniche —I went very fast on that! :eek:
  • tweak the DRL
  • tonal taming for micro contrast
I suggest, as well, you don't consider only the subject
in the frame but everything the will be recorded too!
Surely rather than suggesting edits in post one could suggest ways to improve the photography in the first place. Especially as you added an extra leg? from another statue in the lower left?
Watch the composition - i.e. the cornice top left
Watch the exposure - the whites are blown in the sky, try adjusting the exposure to expose the sky correctly. You can recover from shadows but not blown highlights. Possibly bracket the shots.

Then we could go into the techniques of taking photos for using PP techniques, multiple exposures on a tripod for HDR/combining images, multiple images for removing the crowds etc

I did not know… was just trying to help!

You've possibly missed 'her' other threads.

It's a shill account built for SEO purposes, to raise the profile of an app for photographers.

'She' sometimes asks basic questions, sometimes offers advice or critique, never responds to questions or counterpoints, never posts examples when requested, and only posts early in a morning in a half hour window.

It's quite odd.

Last edited:
Well, for the next time I will surely try and than share the image rather than link. Thank you very much.

When did you travel to Paris for this?
I'm going in September, do you have any tips?

Should I take a Nikon or just a smartphone?

I went to Paris in March with Friends for a chillout and definitely it was worthy of every penny i have spent.
Just 1 tip i will give you and that's "Keep watch on your wallet and don't bring too much cash money with you in wallet"

Obvio Nikon. There are loads of Photography spots to take a good click over there!!

Before you people have more discussion on me, let me tell you for what I am here.

There is a routine that i need to follow by which i can enhance my knowledge as well as manage my Work too. I cannot be online for whole day long. I am extremely punctual to my schedule that i have made for myself which allows me self-development time for 1.30 hours only!!

I ain't a professional photographer. In fact, i am just a beginner and trying to get ideas and share knowledge only on the threads where I know answers to the question about photography so that if I am wrong you can quote my answer and correct my mistakes as well. Too many wrong or unuseful answers leads to account suspension as you all know therefore need to keep it simple.. It will be foolishness to comment on something which you are not aware about.

Hope i have cleared all the doubts!!

Before you people have more discussion on me, let me tell you for what I am here.

There is a routine that i need to follow by which i can enhance my knowledge as well as manage my Work too. I cannot be online for whole day long. I am extremely punctual to my schedule that i have made for myself which allows me self-development time for 1.30 hours only!!

I ain't a professional photographer. In fact, i am just a beginner and trying to get ideas and share knowledge only on the threads where I know answers to the question about photography so that if I am wrong you can quote my answer and correct my mistakes as well. Too many wrong or unuseful answers leads to account suspension as you all know therefore need to keep it simple.. It will be foolishness to comment on something which you are not aware about.

Urm...NO!

But your profile says you're a "freelance photographer" and "I have made my passion my work too". So how can you be a beginner or not a professional?

In that case I suggest a bit of chaos, it's good for your health and photography :D

May be she is a professional beginner or beginner professional :confused:

Last edited:

Absolutely ................................ not! :D

Try answering a few of your other threads. ;)

What about the pics you did post. Nikon or Canon? (or smartphone?)

Why say you earn a living in photography if you are a complete nob beginner? (or is that just via the app through clicks) :troll:

Why a Freelancing photographer cannot be a beginner? I mentioned Freelancing photographer as I do shot wedding and other small occasion stuffs whenever I get time so that I can learn from them by taking different shots.

I went to Paris in March with Friends for a chillout and definitely it was worthy of every penny i have spent.
Just 1 tip i will give you and that's "Keep watch on your wallet and don't bring too much cash money with you in wallet"

Obvio Nikon. There are loads of Photography spots to take a good click over there!!

Which camera did you use to take the picture of the Eiffel Tower?

March you say you went to Paris?

Strange

Hi Roshni

Wherever one goes on foreign travel the criminal is more likely to target the stranger, so (simple?) precautions are always good.

In regard to camera choice, you clearly love Nikon but why I wonder are the pictures you linked to taken with Canon.......and even belong to others indicating you did not actually take those specific pictures???

Back