How do you send multiple images?

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm sure this has been covered here before. I often need to send multiple images (As an example I need to send 52 images from a shoot this morning to a website developer) I used to use Wetransfer or similar, but I've noticed lately I'm getting a lot of crashes or emails not sending. I currently have a need to send in the region of 200 images in batches of 50 or so. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nick

I use either my website or DropBox for that purpose.

Last edited:
I often share a Dropbox folder containing over 1GB of of hi-res jpg's without issues, or use Wetransfer for smaller amounts, such as large numbers of small images for web use. Will be interesting to see what others use.

MailBigFile

For those that suggested Dropbox, can I have multiple recipients? and are they anonymous to each other? I have a few sets that need to go to 3 different recipients. Can I give them access independently?

We transfer is a popular option, the free version gives you up to 2GB to send, which is good! There is a free desktop client for the Mac - which is useful, and much easier to use than the "on the we" versions!

For those that suggested Dropbox, can I have multiple recipients? and are they anonymous to each other? I have a few sets that need to go to 3 different recipients. Can I give them access independently?
Yes just create 3 separate folder with their names on each

Yes just create 3 separate folder with their names on each

…or share the same folder with as many recipients you want.

But does that keep it private to each person ?

Of course not, Stuart, everyone knows who is sharing
the folder… an option I'd never use for pro usage. :cool:

WeTransfer works for me. For the corporates who can't access it I just set up a secure FTP folder on my website, upload a zip file and give them access details.

Really depends on the technical skills fo the person you are sending to, a web developer may prefer FTP, Joe Bloggs may find dropbox easier.

Really depends on the technical skills fo the person you are sending to, a web developer may prefer FTP, Joe Bloggs may find dropbox easier.

If you FTP a zip file to your webspace then you can just send a link directly to it. Once they enter username/password it will download automatically. Double click and I haven't seen any computer in the last 10 years that wouldn't just open it.

Even HR manage this :D

Back