Votes: 57 38.3%
  • 1980-1998

Votes: 30 20.1%
  • 1999-2017

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still 17 in the head..coming 52 in body..

Older than I act, younger than I look.

In my case my brain is willing and active, it's just the body that doesn't want to play :( 63 BTW.

Older than I once was, but younger than I'll be (y)

Now of my three score years and ten,
[All too many] shall not come again...

(With apologies to AE Housman).

Last edited:
hmm you have posted this on multiple forums ,wonder why ??? obviously others are also wondering :spam:

hmm you have posted this on multiple forums ,wonder why ??? obviously others are also wondering :spam:
I know I've def' let my particulars flow outwards on many occasions,so don't care that way. I've nothing to lose ...

Born in '51 but, as the song goes, "... I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now"

Dave

Any reason for choosing different sized age bands?

Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway :wave::woot:

Officially 58, mentally 10, physically 95.

Total years since birth, 54. Since this life was restarted, 5.

Old enough to know better, young enough not to care [emoji481]
I have a story about being old enough to know better.

One day last summer we were sitting in our garden having a cup of tea when we noticed our next door neighbour was in his garden. He's in his mid 80s, he's been widowed for a few years now, and we get on very well with him, so we invited him to pop over for a cuppa too.

As he sat down we noticed that his right hand was all bandaged up, so we asked him what he'd done.

Well, he said, he'd volunteered to prune a big hedge for "an elderly friend". He went round there with his chainsaw, and he got most of it done, but there was one bit that was awkward to reach. So he climbed to the very top of the step ladder, reached out as far as he could sideways with the chainsaw in one hand... and it slipped out of his hand and nicked him as it fell.

Honestly, if it had been a couple of inches to the side, or if it had rotated differently as it fell, it could have taken his hand off.

Bear in mind that this is a man who has used power tools for the whole of his life. He's a retired metalworker, he has made wrought-iron gates for half the people in our street, he still uses his welding rig despite having a pacemaker (though that's a different story). He knows how to use a chainsaw. You'd think.

So now our question is, how old do you have to be, before you're old enough to know better? And the answer is, you're never old enough to know better.

Pre EU :D
I was even alive before Laika went into orbit! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was visiting friends a couple of years ago and their 3 year old was puzzled by the fact I wasn't going to bed at the same time as her. When her mum told her it was because I was a grown-up, she said: "he's not a growed up!" I was quite chuffed about that - then was brought back down to earth later by my niece who told me I was "almost elderly".

So now our question is, how old do you have to be, before you're old enough to know better? And the answer is, you're never old enough to know better.

Risk assessment. ;)

He assessed that the risk of doing something some would consider foolhardy wasn't great enough to worry, and it seems reality agreed. If I do something like that then I'll assess the likelihood of having a bad accident, and if there's only a slight chance then probably go ahead.

25...........................................for 28 years now

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre EU :D
I was even alive before Laika went into orbit! :rolleyes:
I was born at the beginning of the space age, 3 days before sputnik launch and a month before Laika was orbiting the earth. Just had my 60th birthday.

I'm glad to see that we still have some young members (y)

:D
Well you know what they say, 'your as young as you feel', in that case I'm f*ck*d

Looks like I'm in the majority according to the poll. Lots of us middle-aged photographers around.

3 people born between 1901 and 1924?!?! Older than 93 not only photographing but using the internet and this forum?!?

Nah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back